Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DO the Broncos sign former New Mexico Lobo and Beef AAU roommate Urlacher?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    The Bears signed a replacement for Urlacher, former Denver Bronco D.J. Williams has been signed to man the middle of the Bears Defense.
    Kind of a head scratcher why we didnt just try DJ in the middle here with this defense. Maybe they did in practices and Del Rio just didnt like what he saw. Urlacher makes alot of sense here in Denver.....he just gets a better shade of orange and blue and a chance to win.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Kind of a head scratcher why we didnt just try DJ in the middle here with this defense. Maybe they did in practices and Del Rio just didnt like what he saw. Urlacher makes alot of sense here in Denver.....he just gets a better shade of orange and blue and a chance to win.
    It appears Denver was ready to move on. I would have taken him for $2 million, probably not for $6 though (if I was running the team).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Ya I think it was a case of wanting to move on after the off the field issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Watcha talkin' bout Willis?
    It's a Seinfeld thing.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

DJ SUCKED at 4-3 MLB when we tried it from necessity. It really surprised me because he's always been so savvy at Sam and Will, but he was truly lost at Mike. It was different when he played ILB in our 3-4 because he could just drop back in coverage all the time while Doom racked up sacks, but the only thing he did as a 4-3 Mike was remind us all how good Wilson was. I really hated losing the guy, because he played with heart and a high motor and was a versatile stud at Sam, Will and as a 3-4 ILB (he last full season he played he led the team in tackles, as usual,) but he was awful as a 4-3 ILB. He was a lot younger then, so maybe he's better now; I guess the Bears will know soon enough.

If we've got the money Urlacher seems like a no brainer since MLB is the one critical hole which we have NOTHING to fill, but everyone keeps saying Elway and Co. are very high on the Mikes we've drafted the past couple years, and all their actions seem to support that. Hopefully the kids are finally good enough; it frankly worries me, because that's a key leadership position that usually demands experience even the most talented players usually lack when young (e.g. DJ Williams ca. 2006.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Doom deserves more than Urlacher at this point but I'm with the group that wants us to sign him.

Will Brian Urlacher end up in AFC West?

On Saturday, ESPN analyst John Clayton was discussing the options for free-agent linebacker Brian Urlacher on "SportsCenter."

UrlacherTwo of the potential suitors Clayton mentioned reside in the AFC West -- the Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders.

I got a chance to speak to Clayton about his thoughts. He made it clear that it was purely speculation based on potential fits. He said he doesn’t think either team would make a fast play for the former Chicago Bears star. Clayton explained that the market for Urlacher has been very slow and it’s difficult to think of potential suitors.

Clayton linked him to Denver because the team added veteran Keith Brooking late last summer. Clayton said he could foresee a situation where Denver looked to Urlacher if it didn't like what it had in training camp. Still, the team did sign veteran Stewart Bradley and he will be pushed by third-year player Nate Irving. Denver may be in better shape at middle linebacker this year than last year when it made the Brooking move.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...up-in-afc-west

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

I still think Urlacher is a monster in the middle. He would be a huge upgrade.

Sign Abraham or Freeney then pick up Urlacher. If a DE or MLB falls to 28 then pick up the best one then look to round 2 for the other. Short term and long term handled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

People on this board have a real hard-on for a mike linebacker in the draft!

Even analysts are saying we're better this year at the position, but the fans want another Al Wilson.

11. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sign Abraham or Freeney then pick up Urlacher. If a DE or MLB falls to 28 then pick up the best one then look to round 2 for the other. Short term and long term handled.
    There's only two (maybe) that are worthy of a first round pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

People on this board have a real hard-on for a mike linebacker in the draft!

Even analysts are saying we're better this year at the position, but the fans want another Al Wilson.
    I liked Al Wilson but he wasn't without his flaws. He could lay the lumber on a ball carrier and could mover latterally and vertically as any linebacker in league at that time. However, Al didn't always do a good job wrapping up and he would flat out whiff on tackles from time to time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think he's still a monster. He's going be 35 years of age in May. As it is Denver is going to be picking up a 33 or 35 year old defensive end. Adding aged players because they were once superstars isn't always a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There's only two (maybe) that are worthy of a first round pick.

Who are you thinking? Ogletree and Minter?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't think he's still a monster. He's going be 35 years of age in May. As it is Denver is going to be picking up a 33 or 35 year old defensive end. Adding aged players because they were once superstars isn't always a great idea.
    If age is your only reasoning then I would point you back to his production. Not saying he's a LTA for MLB but like Brooking, Urlacher could come in, start and make an impact. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of old guys on defense either but I think you could sign an older vet for cheap late in FA plus draft a young guy early. I still think MLB and DE are our two top priorities. DE wouldnt have been such a priority if we simply could have kept Dume, now it is and that's even if we sign Freeney. Freeney is only 33(3 years older than Elvis), so I think he still has a good 5 years left in him, which is enough while were are on the Manning train.

My first choice is for us to take a MLB in round 1. It's been that way for a very long time now...years even. Preferably someone hard hitting with a mean streak but plays smart. Not sure there is a guy like that in this draft. I like Manti Te'o, everyone knows that by now, but I'm not so sure he has the "mean streak" I am talking about. I think he will be a productive player though.

Just depends on whos there at 28 if we stay put.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

In a word: NO.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information