Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android question

Adopted Bronco:

Default Android question

Do I have to vreate a playlist on a music player if I want to listen to a compilation file? I will sometimes put compilations together on my computer and transfer the file to my phone, but the music player wont just play the file...it breaks it down by artist, song or album only. Is there a better music player that will do this or am I stuck putting together playlists all day on my phone?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Do I have to vreate a playlist on a music player if I want to listen to a compilation file? I will sometimes put compilations together on my computer and transfer the file to my phone, but the music player wont just play the file...it breaks it down by artist, song or album only. Is there a better music player that will do this or am I stuck putting together playlists all day on my phone?
    I think you will have to make a playlist if you want to listen to that specific compilation. You can go to song and select a song and it will play all the songs you have.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Google Play Music allows you to do set lists in that manner and they will show on elk your devices after a sync.

What music player are you using on your PC? It might have an android app to.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Google Play Music allows you to do set lists in that manner and they will show on elk your devices after a sync.

What music player are you using on your PC? It might have an android app to.
    I dont listen to much on the PC. Pretty much everything is on the phone. I have Google Play Music and I tried to create a playlist...but The Polish must have kicked in and it wouldnt work for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I dont listen to much on the PC. Pretty much everything is on the phone. I have Google Play Music and I tried to create a playlist...but The Polish must have kicked in and it wouldnt work for me.
    I'll try and find some instructions for you. FYI - elk don't use Google play. That was a typo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I use PowerAmp. It's descent - and you can create playlists. I think I paid $1.99 for it.

Google Music will only work if you have a WiFi connection, or you're using your data plan.

Adopted Bronco:

I have this other player on my phone that I just noticed (I guess it's either the Samsung app or a Note 2 app) and oddly enough...I see it has an option to play music by the file. I guess I found my answer.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I use PowerAmp. It's descent - and you can create playlists. I think I paid $1.99 for it.

Google Music will only work if you have a WiFi connection, or you're using your data plan.
    I guess I'm lazy and dont want to have to create playlists on my phone. I usually make compilations on my PC before I load it to my phone. The music app I had on my old phone would automatically give you the option to play them, but the Google Play app is the default player on this new one and it wont do that. But it looks like the actual Samsung app does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Have you thought about using iTunes?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Wrong.

You can tell Google Music to put your tracks on your phone, and then chose to play them offline if you would like.

12. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Chaz, the unfortunate thing about Google Play is that you do have to have your music on the cloud in order for you to create playlists on your PC for your phone.

You can use the google play uploader however to just point it at the folder containing your songs on your computer, and it will automatically upload them (sync them to the cloud for you).

You can then go to play.google.com, and add music to a playlist as shown here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gplay.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	2519

Then on your phone, you can get into the playlist menu, click the menu arrow (the triangle on the bottom right of the playlist name -- I can't create a screenshot with the menu open for you), and select keep on device. It will download all the songs to your phone so you don't have to be online to listen to them.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post

That's a requirement for enjoying sodomy right? My little brother swears by iTunes.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Wrong.

You can tell Google Music to put your tracks on your phone, and then chose to play them offline if you would like.
    Obviously, but that is not the core competency of Google music.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Obviously, but that is not the core competency of Google music.
    I was going to say something, but then I realized who I was going to have an argument with.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information