Page 1 of 492 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Talking the BEER THREAD!!!

i know reid and i won't feel completely at home until this place has an official beer thread, so i'm going to do the honors. . . this will be BroncosForum's designated area for discussion and celebration of that most noble of all beverages, the one made from barley malt and hops! or wheat, if that's how you roll, but don't bring any watered-down, piss-flavored american fermented rice-water lagers (an honest barley-based lager is acceptable) in here where they should be ashamed to stand in the presence of the real thing. . .

we'll start with a truly big beer, the rogue XS imperial india pale ale. . . this cloudy ale is a tawny golden color with darker coppery tones swirling at it's heart and a clean scent redolent of hops. . . AHHHH!! quite bitter and extremely bitey, with afternotes of citrus, pungent earthly undertones and a lingering woody flavor. . . the sweetness of a large amount of barley is definitely present, but the bitterness is predominant in this brew. . . complex, satisfying, and high in alcohol-- the complete package. . . an excellent representation of the style, and highly recommended!
    Last edited by dogfish; 09-02-2007 at 01:02 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Ok, I am not going to be anywhere near the connoisseur that you and Reid will be, but I will throw one in.

Earlier in the year I was in Dusseldorf Germany and they have an old part of the city called Alt Stadt (Old City). One of the things they are famous for is Alt Bier.

It is a dark bier, but not like a Guinness. It had a reddish color, and almost had a hint of sweetness, but it wasn't sweet or sugary by any stretch.

Typically when I am in Germany I stick with Pils or Helles bier, but since I was in Alt Stadt, I had to try it and it was very good.

dogfish, i used to bartend and drink pretty heavily. so to make a really long story short i actually stopped drinking because i wasnt such a nice guy.

however i knocked a few down at an mma event (ufc) and i had a few tall collins size budwiesers. ahhhh it had been 4 years. the cold clean taste of beer. wow did i get a buzz really quick. i was able to drive home but it was crazy how fast i got a buzz because i would down hard stuff all night and barely get buzzed.

i said that to say this. i never remembered budwieser tasting so good. was it just the lack of drinking it so long?

also any recommendations on a really really good beer?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I'm only 19 so I have to wait 2 more years until I can drink. So I'll be back.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I'm only 19 so I have to wait 2 more years until I can drink. So I'll be back.
    We'll be here with our livers slightly more damaged....

Dog, are you drinking that tonight...? The one I had was wayyyy overpowering on the alcohol, almost tasted more Barleywine-ish... Speaking of which I have a 22 of my IPA just waiting to ship it to you. Thought I'd throw in a bottle of orange pale ale which turned out pretty good too.

Damn shipping these days...

Wish I could say I've tried some new bold beer but I've been focusing my efforts on homebrewing and next up getting the fridge converted to kegerator...parts are on order....

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'll always recommend Blue Moon (brewed in CO). It's my favorite beer, hands down.

When it comes to drinking a pilsner I stick with Spaten lager. It's a light pilsner beer, but way higher quality than the likes of Bud, Sewers, etc.

And for those of you who drink a lot of different beer like I do, if you can ever get your hands on a good pilsner from Budvar (Where Budweiser ORIGINALLY came from) or Pilsen (where today's "pilsner" originated), Czech Republic, don't drink it because it's all you'll ever want for the rest of your life.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

Dog, are you drinking that tonight...? The one I had was wayyyy overpowering on the alcohol, almost tasted more Barleywine-ish... Speaking of which I have a 22 of my IPA just waiting to ship it to you. Thought I'd throw in a bottle of orange pale ale which turned out pretty good too.

Wish I could say I've tried some new bold beer but I've been focusing my efforts on homebrewing and next up getting the fridge converted to kegerator...parts are on order....
    I need to start brewing again. My dad and I started about 8 years ago, so I've got some experience under my belt, but it's been a while. We used to go to this store of of 67th ave and Bell in Glendale, AZ called "What ale's ya" to get our supplies. The last beer we made together was an AWESOME rasberry wheat beer. Mmmmmmmmm

Try some "Arrogant ******* Ale" if you want to try something bold.

If anyone wants a good laugh, I'm drinking Extra Gold right now. That stuff is actually pretty decent in my opinion. I think it tastes very similar to Coors but it just happens to be like $6.99 for a 12 pack. Plus it's 5.9 beer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by ChampWJ View Post
    If anyone wants a good laugh, I'm drinking Extra Gold right now. That stuff is actually pretty decent in my opinion. I think it tastes very similar to Coors but it just happens to be like $6.99 for a 12 pack. Plus it's 5.9 beer.
    I'm drinking Bud light.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Try some "Arrogant ******* Ale" if you want to try something bold.
    Happens to be in my top 10 beers!
    Luckily I can get it whenever I want. Can't say the same for some of my other favs..

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

Dog, are you drinking that tonight...?
    yep. . .

The one I had was wayyyy overpowering on the alcohol, almost tasted more Barleywine-ish...
    it's 9.5%-- strong, but not overwhelming by any means. . .

Speaking of which I have a 22 of my IPA just waiting to ship it to you. Thought I'd throw in a bottle of orange pale ale which turned out pretty good too.

sounds great. . . .

nothing wrong with that at all. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

ok so blue ribbon?

Okay, like Tned I'm not a beer connoiseur like some of you but I do have my faves.

Ice cold Shiner Bock straight from the tap is my favorite when eating out.

I really enjoy Samual Adams Black Lager, although I have trouble finding it locally and usually have to buy a gift pack with a number of their other beers, most of which I don't like. But I just give those to somebody who does.

And it's been awhile but I seem to remember really liking Colorado's own Flat Tire. I need to get up there again to see if I'm remembering that right.

FWIW, I seem to be one of the few people in the world who is not a fan of Guinness Stout, at least not from the one time I had it.

Any suggestions for dark, flavorful, non-bitter beers for a novice beer-drinker looking to expand his beer-drinking experience?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I'm easy to please . . .

Coors

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

16. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

i bet someone says rolling rock or miller high life.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information