Page 408 of 492 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What is BCBS?
    Bourbon County Brand Stout (by Goose Island). Sorry for not making that clear. I am used to abbreviating on untappd and a couple of beer forums and just did the same here.

I know you like your stouts, have you had their regular, coffee, or rye vanilla stout?

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Bourbon County Brand Stout (by Goose Island). Sorry for not making that clear. I am used to abbreviating on untappd and a couple of beer forums and just did the same here.

I know you like your stouts, have you had their regular, coffee, or rye vanilla stout?
    You know man, I don't know if I've seen them here. I'm planning on getting a few stouts in about 1.5 weeks, so I'll look for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

I just had one of Goose Island Stouts and I thought it was awful. I heard how great GI was but I have yet to have good brew from them.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

4. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I just had one of Goose Island Stouts and I thought it was awful. I heard how great GI was but I have yet to have good brew from them.
    an Albertsons I was in once had a cart full of GI brews for 4.99 a six pack... we took them all and they were just okay

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

You know man, I don't know if I've seen them here. I'm planning on getting a few stouts in about 1.5 weeks, so I'll look for it.
    Good luck! They only release the Bourbon County brand stuff on Black Friday every year. However, I know smaller towns and liquor stores around Denver and Colorado just shelve it. They don't even know what it is. Last year's was awesome. This year's is pretty average at best. I think I have come to the conclusion that ABI is steering Goose Island in the wrong direction and, at the end of the day, CO has enough top notch brewers that there is always something as good or better than some of the limited release stuff from outside brewers. For example, Uncle Jacob Imperial Stout by Avery is far better than the BCBS.

I think the only standard Goose Island beer I liked was their nut brown ale. It was actually very good but they just yanked it from production. It was in this year's sampler pack. I think to get rid of whatever they had left.

The funny thing is Browns were the biggest hit at this year's GABF and multiple brewers have since yanked their regular, year round browns.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i've always thought their beers sucked. . . hands down the most overrated brewery there is, as far as i'm concerned. . .

on the other end of the spectrum, my folks just came out from ohio, and brought me some serious goodness. . . three 4-packs of founders double trouble DIPA, and one of the breakfast stout. . . plus three bombers of southern tier chokolat, and two super packs-- 12-packs w/ 4 each of gemini, unearthly and 2xIPA. . . frickin' score!

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i've always thought their beers sucked. . . hands down the most overrated brewery there is, as far as i'm concerned. . .

on the other end of the spectrum, my folks just came out from ohio, and brought me some serious goodness. . . three 4-packs of founders double trouble DIPA, and one of the breakfast stout. . . plus three bombers of southern tier chokolat, and two super packs-- 12-packs w/ 4 each of gemini, unearthly and 2xIPA. . . frickin' score!

Quite the haul

I have been trying to get my hands on the breakfast and Kentucky breakfast stouts for a while now. The southern tier chokolat sounds awesome too!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I had a bottle of beer from my local micro brewery - it was remarkably shit.

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I had a bottle of beer from my local micro brewery - it was remarkably shit.
    "ty" on the end, or "remarkable "?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

"ty" on the end, or "remarkable "?
    ty - it was pure garbage.

Going to order myself some Samuel Smiths Chocolate Stout and Imperial Stout - as a wee Christmas treat for myself

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Last night i brought in the new year with a bottle of St Peters Cream Stout and it was tremendous.

Thanks forum for introducing me to these delights!

(i also have my order of Sam Smiths arriving tomorrow)

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This little lot just arrived

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150102_140313.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6330

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

score! i have to do a demo at a natural grocers tomorrow, and i just realized it's the one in the shopping center with dry dock. . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    This little lot just arrived

Name:	ForumRunner_20150102_140313.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6330
    That Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout is quite tasty.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

My wife brought me this Stone - Bomber collaboration brew, I normally don't like Rye beers because my stomache doesn't like rye, but this was damn good.

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	6357

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information