Page 491 of 492 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 489 490 491 492 LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    What do the resident beer snobs think of the merger between Sam Adams and Dogfish head?
    I did not know until reading this. I've never had a Dogfish beer. Sam Adams lager is ok.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

What do the resident beer snobs think of the merger between Sam Adams and Dogfish head?
    Both of the CEOs are good guys, and while I would prefer they stay independent, they need to do it to prevent the big boys from crushing them.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Both of the CEOs are good guys, and while I would prefer they stay independent, they need to do it to prevent the big boys from crushing them.
    That goes for many independents. I can't stand the taste of Budweiser. I'd rather drink water.

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That goes for many independents. I can't stand the taste of Budweiser. I'd rather drink water.
    I can usually tolerate most cheaper/mass produced beers, but regular budweiser is what I imagine piss must taste like.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Yea, at least they didn't sell to InBev.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Bud is ****ing disgusting IMO I can't stand it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Yea, at least they didn't sell to InBev.
    Dogfish/Sam Adams are big enough and established they had options. Some brewers (like Devil's Backbone out of VA or Goose Island), get offered over $200M plus a percent of the future sales and you have to give in to inBEV.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

12. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Karbach here in Houston sold to AB InBev a couple of years ago, but it didn't change a thing other than their beers are more readily available and now they have access to mass distribution. Their beers are still widely delicious. Selling out to AB or any of the other big guns is not necessarily a bad thing. The beer is still the same and I enjoy seeing more craft beer taps in major chain restaurants.

As far as the Dogfish/Sam Adams merger...eh. I don't drink either very often. Sam has some decent season releases and Dogfish's 60/90/120 minute IPAs are fantastic, but they've been passed up. Dogfish is the East Coast equivalent of Rogue in Oregon for the most part.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yes, I'll think I'll order a chocolate coffee peppermint ale with extra hops and a splash of peanut butter!

And these guys give Buff a hard time about his vodka cranberry's.

Hey Joe, this made me think of you - "For the first time ever, Bud Light is selling rainbow bottles for Pride Month to celebrate the LGBTQ community.

The bottle features words of inclusivity and support.

You can get the special bottle at bars nationwide from May 27 through June 30."

Name:  Bud.png
Views: 263
Size:  8.4 KB

I applaud your openness here
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yes, I'll think I'll order a chocolate coffee peppermint ale with extra hops and a splash of peanut butter!

And these guys give Buff a hard time about his vodka cranberry's.

Hey Joe, this made me think of you - "For the first time ever, Bud Light is selling rainbow bottles for Pride Month to celebrate the LGBTQ community.

The bottle features words of inclusivity and support.

You can get the special bottle at bars nationwide from May 27 through June 30."

Name:  Bud.png
Views: 263
Size:  8.4 KB

I applaud your openness here
    Maybe thats why I hate that piss.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Maybe thats why I hate that piss.
    Be diverse, Shazam. I'm not judging or condemninghere, just observing that the guy who is criticizing micro-brews etc. indirectly implying that they are somehow not all that "manly" is the very same guy pushing shitty beer in LGBTQ rainbow bottles. Just sayin'. And I love Bronco Joe like a brother
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Please stop bullying my friend, BroncoJoe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Epic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Try a bud heavy if it’s been awhile. It’s a really good beer.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

My good, I am ashamed that it's been year since someone posted in this thread.

Loose Cannon Double IPA is darn good.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information