Page 423 of 492 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Deschutes pine drop ipa

Not bad, not great. Fairly light in the flavor dept. Mild citrus, moderate hop flavor. So light it almost finishes like a lager.
    I almost bought that on the weekend, the 10.99 price made me skip it, glad I did, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

So I visited a brewery this weekend and tried a few of their brews, one that I didn't want to try but finally did after everyone else in the place was drinking it was a jelapeno Hef... I winced when I ordered it but my skepticism quickly turned to joy! It was pretty damn good and went down great on a nice warm day.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I almost bought that on the weekend, the 10.99 price made me skip it, glad I did, thanks.
    Deschutes just sucks at IPAs.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Deschutes just sucks at IPAs.
    I love their hop henge. I think the Chain Breaker is pretty good too, for a white ipa.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I love their hop henge. I think the Chain Breaker is pretty good too, for a white ipa.
    They suck at IPAs comparatively speaking. It's fail upon fail upon fail for them with IPAs.

They suck at IPAs comparatively speaking. It's fail upon fail upon fail for them with IPAs.
    I will agree that they aren't as good at IPA's as they are other beers, especially their dark beers and winter beers.

Have you tried the Hop Henge? I thought you liked the Chain Breaker? Nevertheless, I sort of agree with your point. They definitely aren't my first choice for "always available" IPA's. I can take or leave their Inversion IPA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I will agree that they aren't as good at IPA's as they are other beers, especially their dark beers and winter beers. Have you tried the Hop Henge? I thought you liked the Chain Breaker? Nevertheless, I sort of agree with your point. They definitely aren't my first choice for "always available" IPA's. I can take or leave their Inversion IPA.
    When I said "IPA" I'm not talking about stuff like Chainbreaker or Accumulation and the likes.

Most of their mass produced stuff is just ok but their small batch stuff is the shit...Not The Stoic, Black Butte XXVI, Mirror Mirror, etc are all bitchin...but the rest of their stuff is meh.

I don't agree completely. I think the regular Black Butte is a very good beer, as is the Obsidian Stout.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't agree completely. I think the regular Black Butte is a very good beer, as is the Obsidian Stout.
    They're ok.

I'm going to chime in... I like the porter and the stout. As for their IPA's, they aren't the best but I like the freshly squeezed. I love Chainbreaker but I haven't been able to find it the last couple of months, did they stop making it? I actually resorted to buying the Blue Moon White IPA, it's very bleh...

I'm going to chime in... I like the porter and the stout. As for their IPA's, they aren't the best but I like the freshly squeezed. I love Chainbreaker but I haven't been able to find it the last couple of months, did they stop making it? I actually resorted to buying the Blue Moon White IPA, it's very bleh...
    I think the chain breaker is a seasonal. I like the fresh squeeze as well.

Edit:

Their website states it's an annual brew. It must be the distributor up there not carrying it.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-07-2015 at 12:09 AM.

I think the chain breaker is a seasonal. I like the fresh squeeze as well.

Edit:

Their website states it's an annual brew. It must be the distributor up there not carrying it.
    I'm may have to put a hit on the distributor

15. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think the chain breaker is a seasonal. I like the fresh squeeze as well. Edit: Their website states it's an annual brew. It must be the distributor up there not carrying it.
    The fresh squeezed is way too fruity for my liking. I like my IPAs dry and hoppy. A little citrus is fine but Deachutes seems to always overload their IPAs with the wrong stuff. Inversion isn't especially fruity but it's excessively nutty tasting. Every one of their IPAs I've tried miss.

I'm may have to put a hit on the distributor
    Put one on mine as well, they are sporadic with their distribution of Chainbreaker here in my neck of the woods too. It's a damn fine beer.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

18. The Following User High Fived drewloc For This Post:

The fresh squeezed is way too fruity for my liking. I like my IPAs dry and hoppy. A little citrus is fine but Deachutes seems to always overload their IPAs with the wrong stuff. Inversion isn't especially fruity but it's excessively nutty tasting. Every one of their IPAs I've tried miss.
    yeah, I know you don't like much citrus. I do like a little citrus after taste, not a lot, but some.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information