Page 5 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Beer is for pansies! Straight shots baby! That's how real men do it!
    Last edited by topscribe; 12-15-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    Beer is for pansies! Straight shots baby! That's how real men do it!

oh really. . . ??

in that case, how do you do it? probably girly fruit-flavored wine coolers. . . .

Last edited by topscribe; 12-15-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: had to edit quote
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

celerbrating a new lease on life. And, loving it.

jsut a bud longneck will do me.

well lots of them.

decisions have been made and change is a comin'.

Saddle is back!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1H1j2_Nlw

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh really. . . ??

in that case, how do you do it? probably girly fruit-flavored wine coolers. . . .

Your dead to me dogfish.. This is thread #2 where you have insulted me!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I had a beer Tuesday...first beer since October. I had a Stella Artois and it was fantastical in so many ways. I probably won't have another one until New Year's eve.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Hacker Pschorr
    Blue Moon
    Sam Light

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Hacker Pschorr
    Blue Moon
    Sam Light
    BARF!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Olde school Barleywine...!! by none other than Dogfish Head!

This will kick you in the ass, but not before you've downed most of your glass...
    Sweet, malty with a subtle hop bite. Dangerously drinkable at 15% abv... very well balanced for a beer of this magnitude..

Also had a chance to try the double B-A-S-T-A-R-D recently (sorry for going around the filter but are you kidding me with that censorship..?). Anyway, this was more like a barleywine in it's own right which I wasn't expecting. I would have figured it to be slightly more hoppy than it's predecessor but without the malty sweetness... A well rounded brew however, this one was also easily drinkable for how big it is..

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The nastiest, hoppiest, highest alcohol content beer I've ever drank was at this place in Phoenix called Oggi's (micro-brew) and it was called "Hop Juice". It's pretty much a double IPA, but tastes like pure hops, hence the name Hop Juice.

Good stuff though. I've got a really high tolerance and I can hold my liquior better than most, but three or four pints of Hop Juice has me buzzed.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Olde school Barleywine...!! by none other than Dogfish Head!

This will kick you in the ass, but not before you've downed most of your glass...
    Sweet, malty with a subtle hop bite. Dangerously drinkable at 15% abv... very well balanced for a beer of this magnitude..

Also had a chance to try the double B-A-S-T-A-R-D recently (sorry for going around the filter but are you kidding me with that censorship..?). Anyway, this was more like a barleywine in it's own right which I wasn't expecting. I would have figured it to be slightly more hoppy than it's predecessor but without the malty sweetness... A well rounded brew however, this one was also easily drinkable for how big it is..

i haven't had the olde schoole in years-- that's a good brew! and that double is freakin' excellent. . . very nice balance with some subtle undertones and a strong earthy flavor that i'm betting comes from some kind of cask aging. . .

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The nastiest, hoppiest, highest alcohol content beer I've ever drank was at this place in Phoenix called Oggi's (micro-brew) and it was called "Hop Juice". It's pretty much a double IPA, but tastes like pure hops, hence the name Hop Juice.

Good stuff though. I've got a really high tolerance and I can hold my liquior better than most, but three or four pints of Hop Juice has me buzzed.

that hop juice is good stuff!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Sam Jackson!!!!!! IT'LL GET YA DRUNK!

Adopted Bronco:

Default Bump!!

gotta have the beer thread handy for the holidays. . .

i'm drinking a new one right now-- it's from atwater block brewery in detroit. . . now how can a broncos fan not love that name?? it's their vanilla java porter-- it's cold here now, which definitely makes it the right time of the year for your stouts and porters. . .

this one is dark even for a porter, and extremely robust. . . honestly, maybe a little too robust for me-- it's clearly made with a lot of chocolate malt, and the roasty flavor is very bitey. . . good, but i tend to prefer a little bit smoother porter with more counterbalancing sweetness. . . the java gives it a distinctive bitterness, which is a bit unusual in a style of beer that is not generally very heavy on the hops-- the coffe bitterness is heavier, though, not as fresh and clean as hop bitterness. . . still good, but this isn't a beer that i would want to drink a lot of. . . i really can't taste the vanilla at all-- maybe just the tiniest bit in the aftertaste. . . not that you'd want it to be overwhelming at all, but when it's advertised in the name of the brew it should probably be a little more discernible. . . overall, not a bad beer, but i doubt i'd buy it again-- there are definitely much better porters out there, such as anchor, blackjack, or old leg humper. . .

happy holidays everyone, and drink a few for me!
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

gotta have the beer thread handy for the holidays. . .

i'm drinking a new one right now-- it's from atwater block brewery in detroit. . . now how can a broncos fan not love that name?? it's their vanilla java porter-- it's cold here now, which definitely makes it the right time of the year for your stouts and porters. . .

this one is dark even for a porter, and extremely robust. . . honestly, maybe a little too robust for me-- it's clearly made with a lot of chocolate malt, and the roasty flavor is very bitey. . . good, but i tend to prefer a little bit smoother porter with more counterbalancing sweetness. . . the java gives it a distinctive bitterness, which is a bit unusual in a style of beer that is not generally very heavy on the hops-- the coffe bitterness is heavier, though, not as fresh and clean as hop bitterness. . . still good, but this isn't a beer that i would want to drink a lot of. . . i really can't taste the vanilla at all-- maybe just the tiniest bit in the aftertaste. . . not that you'd want it to be overwhelming at all, but when it's advertised in the name of the brew it should probably be a little more discernible. . . overall, not a bad beer, but i doubt i'd buy it again-- there are definitely much better porters out there, such as anchor, blackjack, or old leg humper. . .

happy holidays everyone, and drink a few for me!
    Son of a biscuit. That sounds amazing.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Son of a biscuit. That sounds amazing.

honestly, it's really not all that-- it's not bad, but IMO it fails to live up to its' name. . . rogue's java porter is better, and a brewery called stoney creek has a vanilla porter that's even better than the rogue. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

honestly, it's really not all that-- it's not bad, but IMO it fails to live up to its' name. . . rogue's java porter is better, and a brewery called stoney creek has a vanilla porter that's even better than the rogue. . .
    To be perfectly honest with you dog, or should I call you fish, a sixxer of Pyramid Hefe or a good Dunkelweisen sounds about perfect right now...maybe with a slice of lemon for the Hefeweisen...but not sure. I just would love to get lit right now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information