Page 52 of 492 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I had a Nomad sighting so I had to post this.

I bought a case of Alaskan Amber when I was in Colorado Springs on the way up to see the Broncos.

Score.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

killians, land shark, stella, newcastle, singletrack, pacifico, and kirin ichiban are all beers i've had over the last few days. (that makes me sound like a lush... i was in denver and ate out with parents/friends a lot of times).

(in additions to over 70 budlights split 5 ways on thursday night lol)
    Last edited by shank; 10-21-2008 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

A local bar has Avery's IPA (the standard, not Maharaja) on cask, and I tried it last week. Positively delicious. I'll have to get a bottle (or six) at some point to compare.

5. The Following User High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    A local bar has Avery's IPA (the standard, not Maharaja) on cask, and I tried it last week. Positively delicious. I'll have to get a bottle (or six) at some point to compare.
    i freakin' love avery-- they are one seriously kick-ass brewery. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    If I could find a bar that had Maharaja on tap, I would probably never leave and make it my new home...

8. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    If I could find a bar that had Maharaja on tap, I would probably never leave and make it my new home...
    you and me both, man. . . you and me both!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Just got a 6er of Leinie's Fireside Nut Brown. Not a bad brown ale. I would say its on par with NewCastle.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

11. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Has anyone tried Miller Lite?

Now that is a good beer.
    I have, or was that when I was having sex in a canoe?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    The Flying Saucer (where I had the cask Avery IPA) is one of my favorite places in town. I know they serve Maharaja, but I can't remember whether it's on tap there or not. I do know that one of my other favorites, the Breckenridge 471 IPA, is!

Following up on my earlier post, I did find a bottle of the Avery IPA at the store and I'm drinking it as I type this. The cask beer was better, but it's not as big a difference as I expected and this is still very good.

14. The Following User High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I'm drinking the Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA I bought to drink wjile watching the game Monday...rule being 1 beer per TD, 1 per win...

...I got damned thirsty, and even when we scored I didn't have any appetite for it h
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

16. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    killians, land shark, stella, newcastle, singletrack, pacifico, and kirin ichiban are all beers i've had over the last few days. (that makes me sound like a lush... i was in denver and ate out with parents/friends a lot of times).

(in additions to over 70 budlights split 5 ways on thursday night lol)
    How did you like the Land Shark? Never really heard too much about it.

I've been meaning to try it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    How did you like the Land Shark? Never really heard too much about it.

I've been meaning to try it, but haven't gotten around to it.
    I think it's vile, but that's just me.

I've got a palate that favors dark, malty beers, and I drink Miller Lite when I'm trying to save money. FWIW.
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

I'm staring at case of beer. My step-dad brought it down for me. 6 of Fat Tire, 6 of Hazed and Infuzed, 6 of Shiner Bock, 6 of Sam Adams Octoberfest. May not sound like much to you beer connoisseurs , but this is a kings ransom for a beer drinker living in Mexico. I'm stoked.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    I'm staring at case of beer. My step-dad brought it down for me. 6 of Fat Tire, 6 of Hazed and Infuzed, 6 of Shiner Bock, 6 of Sam Adams Octoberfest. May not sound like much to you beer connoisseurs , but this is a kings ransom for a beer drinker living in Mexico. I'm stoked.
    i'd be lying if i told you i like fat tire, but hazed and infused is damn good beer even by my standards. . .

besides, i understand where you're comin' from. . . the last time i was in mexico i was there a week, and by the end of it i was sick as hell of negra modello, pacifico and tecate. . . i think any of those is a step above american schwill lager, but in the end they're still lagers-- i was dyin' for a beer with a little more body and flavor. . . that's cool that you got the hook-up-- enjoy!
    - John Elway

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

They have a decent seasonal called Noche Buena at Christmas. It's ok. Other than that your right. If I plan on a night of drinking I start with a couple watery beers and graduate to vodka or rum. I'm lucky to have this little stash. Part of me wants to share with my friends, the other part wants to keep it all to myself.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information