Page 51 of 492 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    That's an AWESOME list, dude.

I'm especially fond of Bell's Double Cream Stout. I love that stuff. If I had to drink just one beer for the rest of my life, I think I'd choose that.
    I extremely excited about that one too. The Brooklyn Double Chocolate Stout is also a great fall/winter beer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    No. It was the first time they offered it in the area
    i think you're going to love that one-- it's the biggest brown ale i've ever had. . . .

that lefthand imperial is some good shit, too. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think you're going to love that one-- it's the biggest brown ale i've ever had. . . .

that lefthand imperial is some good shit, too. . . .
    I was looking for Lefthand since the recommendation. Stupid me missed an aisle in the store that held 22 oz with more craft beers. Now I doing the happy happy, joy joy dance vs. writing my master paper!

Adopted Bronco:

I was looking for Lefthand since the recommendation. Stupid me missed an aisle in the store that held 22 oz with more craft beers. Now I doing the happy happy, joy joy dance vs. writing my master paper!
    good choice. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Had the Bell's Special Double Cream Stout was surprised how much it tasted like an imperial stout to me. Not bad, but I think it might have been better on tap then from a bottle.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout very imperialist tasting and super super strong at 10 ACV. Hard to taste the chocolate it seems to overpowered by oats. Not bad, but wasn't what I was expecting.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Dogfish's Palo Santo Marron one word "WOW" Two beers and on I on my ass. amazing.

8. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Dogfish's Palo Santo Marron one word "WOW" Two beers and on I on my ass. amazing.
    that stuff is the goods, huh? i just picked up a four pack of it earlier tonight, along with a rogue hazelnut brown ale, a six of hazed and infused, and a few different IPAs. . .

- John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I'm drinking the Lefthand Stout now. Surprising smooth for Imperial Stout. Good Call Dogfish.

I also picked up Stone's Imperial Stout this afternoon.

11. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Ah, the pressures of work! Some days my job sucks...others, not so much! My duties consisted of travelling with some Assembly Members to Cooperstown NY, where we held a hearing on job, population, and business loss in Upstate NY (hint: High taxes and moronic government will do it every time). Finished the day with a tour of Brewery Ommegang, a Belgian style microbrewery, complete with samples of all their wares.

I'm not a huge fan of Belgian style beers as a rule, but this stuff was very nice. I ended up buying a bunch for later use. Their "3 Philosophers" was my favorite.
    Drinking this right now and WOW!! Awesome stuff!!

Got an A- on Beer Advocate out of 800+ reviewers...pretty good standing...

It's hard to sum up it's uniqueness but I think this guy hit it right on the head with his review on BA:

"Appearance: Pours a deep hazy chocolate brown with nice lighter highlights, and a bubbly, foamy, volcanic-looking tan-colored head that gades into non-existence fairly quickly, as is typical for a quadrupel. Good start.

Aroma: Malty sweetness starts off strong - brown sugar, chocolate, a lot of nondescript dark fruit, some faint leafyness ... interesting, and I suppose inviting.

Taste: An initial burst of sweetness, but then the cherry really cuts the edge on this one, at least initially. It definitely mellows out and sweetens as it warms. I can definitely see the Dr. Pepper comparison, though I can't quite county 23 flavors - I get definitely black cherry (though that could be several distinct flavors tossed into one), vanilla, sweet, sweet chocolate, brown sugar, toffee, raisins and other dark fruits that are tough to differentiate from the other lighter stone fruit notes at times, and a leafy hop note that's as interesting as it is out-of-place. No heavier notes, and I gradually knocked this one up as I reviewed it.

Mouthfeel: Bubbly, fluffy, and spritzy, but it fades way and collapses too quickly to be considered a true Belgian "sublimation" kinda feel, in my book. Almost like soda. Ok, this one's getting a lot better as it warms. I served it waaaay too cold. Knocking it up a few points as it smooths and evens out. Pretty good, actually.

Drinkability: Ok, I really didn't like this one at first, but as it warmed (or as I got progressively more intoxicated?), it grew on me, though my score may not reflect that. This is one seriously strange brew - malty, fruity, light, dark, sweet, dry. It's definitely a study in contrasts, all with a hefty alcohol bill, though perhaps not for the style. I slowly but surely appreciated this one more as it warmed."

A 750ml bottle cost me over $8 but it was worth every drop IMO...

I'm not sure if anyone had ever had Big Sky IPA or if it is any good to ya'll tastebuds, but I enjoyed it. Kicked my ass, but I thought it rocked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Has anyone tried Miller Lite?

Now that is a good beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone had ever had Big Sky IPA or if it is any good to ya'll tastebuds, but I enjoyed it. Kicked my ass, but I thought it rocked.
    never had it, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with an IPA. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Now that is a good beer.

- John Elway

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Now that is a good beer.
    I like it too...prefer it to water (more or less tastes just the same) for hydration after a long run or something...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information