Page 4 of 492 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The Blue Moon summer brew was KILLER. It's not as filling as the regular Blue Moon. I killed a sixxer of it no problemo. Usually I'll drink 3-4 normal Blue Moons and not want to drink anymore.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

one of my favorite seasonals just came out-- great lakes brewing co.'s nosferatu! awesome name, huh? doing a fall seasonal is pretty unique, and this beer is pretty much perfect for it-- still crisp enough in flavor and light enough in body for warm late summer nights, but it's color and malt warmth are ideal for autumn. . .

it's a beautiful mahogany color that resembles the dark amber of pure maple syrup. . . minimal lacing from the head. . . this beer couldn't live up to it's name better, as it has a very aggressive bite to it-- intense hop bitterness with some floral and citrus notes, but the malt flavor prevents them from lingering, and creates undertones of caramel and toffee. . . good balance between the sweet and bitter flavors, leading to an overall sharpness that reminds me of a strong aged cheddar like black diamond. . . hints of nutty toasted malt in the aftertaste, but the finish is nearly as bitey as the initial presentation. . . this beer is pricey, especially as it's sold in four-packs instead of sixers, but it's worth it-- definitely comes with the dogfish seal of approval!

Last edited by dogfish; 09-09-2007 at 02:34 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

dogfish head's latest beer just came out, and i've been waiting a while for this one. . . it's the updated version of their "golden shower" brew, but they whimped out and went with the less risque name "golden era". . . no big deal to me, it's the beer that i care about!

this one is their imperial pilsner, and they collaborated with a german or czech brewery, combining traditional ingredients with modern brewing techniques. . . it's a beautiful medium amber that resembles honey in color. . . modest head with only light lacing around the rim of the glass. . . pungent and malty in aroma. . . definitely heavier in texture and mouthfeel than any other pilsner i've had, which is exactly what you'd expect from a dogfish head imperial. . . the distinct pilsner malt gives it warmth and some sweetness, but it is noticeably less sweet than the last batch. . . the specific malt gives it a much truer pilsner flavor, that unique clean but funky taste that only authentic pilsners have. . .

light but lingering bitterness with a heavier aftertaste than most lighter-colored beers have. . . the spiciness of the saaz hops is like no other, and they were obviously used in abundance. . . the taste is much closer to a traditional european beer than anything else DFH has produced-- makes for an interesting detour from their normal fare. . . this beer leaves you wanting bratwurst and sauerkraut-- perfect for ocktoberfest, tailgating, or backyard barbecues! mmmm, tasty. . . .

Last edited by dogfish; 09-16-2007 at 03:25 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Default Decisions, Decisions

Can't quite make up my mind what'll go best with toasted Raiders for this evening....................Hobgoblin or Old Peculier

Hobgoblin ~ Hobgoblin is strong in roasted malt with a moderate hoppy bitterness and slight fruity character that lasts through to the end. The ruby red coloured Hobgoblin is full-bodied and has a delicious chocolate toffee malt flavour balanced with a rounded moderate bitterness and an overall fruity character.

Old Peculier ~ A rich, dark and smooth tasting beer with unequalled flavour. Brewed using the traditional Fuggle hop, Old Peculier is our best known beer and has a large and enthusiastic following all over Britain and around the world.

‘The legend in a bottle!’

Decisions, decisions
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Can't quite make up my mind what'll go best with toasted Raiders for this evening....................Hobgoblin or Old Peculier

Hobgoblin ~ Hobgoblin is strong in roasted malt with a moderate hoppy bitterness and slight fruity character that lasts through to the end. The ruby red coloured Hobgoblin is full-bodied and has a delicious chocolate toffee malt flavour balanced with a rounded moderate bitterness and an overall fruity character.

Old Peculier ~ A rich, dark and smooth tasting beer with unequalled flavour. Brewed using the traditional Fuggle hop, Old Peculier is our best known beer and has a large and enthusiastic following all over Britain and around the world.

‘The legend in a bottle!’

Decisions, decisions
    I have a recipe to brew Hobgoblin!

I've never tried either though so I can't help you with your decision.
    Why not please the beer gods and drink both!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    I have a recipe to brew Hobgoblin!

I've never tried either though so I can't help you with your decision.
    That may please the beer gods, but I'm not so sure my boss would agree tomorrow
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:

great minds think alike!

- John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    That may please the beer gods, but I'm not so sure my boss would agree tomorrow
    I just finished a 12 hr shift, stay up all day today with my daughter watching football and then get up tomorrow morning at 4:30....

I have a 6er of Blue Moon and a 22 of Thunderhead.

I am getting drunk today for sure...

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

I just had Theakston's Old Peculiar last night - I got pretty crocked off of it, actually.

But that stuff is GOOD! I really enjoyed it. The name says it all - it does have a peculiar taste. But it's a good kind of peculiar. The malt and hops are really bold, and they combine for a somewhat sweet, chocolatey undertone.

I strongly recommend this beer.
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Default Hey

I like ST. Pauli Girl.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    I like ST. Pauli Girl.
    yea, but what kind of beer do you like. . . ?

oh wait. . .

i haven't had it in a long time, but their dark is pretty smooth. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I just finished a 12 hr shift, stay up all day today with my daughter watching football and then get up tomorrow morning at 4:30....

I have a 6er of Blue Moon and a 22 of Thunderhead.

I am getting drunk today for sure...
    Ya know, I think I may join ya

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    I just had Theakston's Old Peculiar last night - I got pretty crocked off of it, actually.

But that stuff is GOOD! I really enjoyed it. The name says it all - it does have a peculiar taste. But it's a good kind of peculiar. The malt and hops are really bold, and they combine for a somewhat sweet, chocolatey undertone.

I strongly recommend this beer.
    Oh yes, it was my poison of choice when I was at college..............I lost many an evening's memories to it
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale was good.

But....

My new favorite beer right now is Pyramid Hefe. Mmmmmmmmmm.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Default know this will make dog jealous

Found the only bottle of the Beast and Mephistopheles stout in Oregon!! Woohoo!

Oh yeah and that's 4 bottles of Samichlaus...Mmmm

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I like beer.....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information