Page 486 of 492 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    One of my favorite pales. $4?!
    great price, right? i love that spot. . . they always have at two or three great sales going, where the 4-pack or 6-pack is 3-4 bucks or more less than what it would usually be. . . and they tend to rotate so that there's generally at least one IPA and one darker beer. . . i've been getting 4-packs of surly coffee brown 16ozs for $4.99. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I had a black IPA from the Pike tonight called octopus ink. Solid but you really don't get the citrus aftertaste you expect from a IPA.
    in my experience, black IPAs typically tend more towards the spicy notes. . . some of that comes from the fact that they will use other grains-- particularly rye-- besides just regular barley in the blacks. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    in my experience, black IPAs typically tend more towards the spicy notes. . . some of that comes from the fact that they will use other grains-- particularly rye-- besides just regular barley in the blacks. . .
    The best Black IPA I had, and the one that measure all other against, had the silkiness of stout and citrus aftertaste of Western IPA. That was limited release from closed Blue and Gray Brewery.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:

The best Black IPA I had, and the one that measure all other against, had the silkiness of stout and citrus aftertaste of Western IPA. That was limited release from closed Blue and Gray Brewery.
    have you had boulevard's grainstorm?

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    have you had boulevard's grainstorm?
    Yes a couple of years ago. It was good.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:

anybody had the melvin A3? what a beer! 13% ABV triple IPA. . . can, keep an eye out for this one for sure. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1705E67D-C0A2-40B9-A324-EFA482DD8FB5.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	12186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1705E67D-C0A2-40B9-A324-EFA482DD8FB5.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	12186

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Boulevard Whisky Barrell Imperial Stout. Very nice brew, you get whisky taste with smoothiness of well done Imperial Stout. Not a lot of coffee or earthy undertones.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Clown Shoe’s Undead Party Crasher. Just a great smooth imperial stout. I don’t like it in cans but it comes out smooth.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So I had Vanilla Bean Bourbon Aged Yeti tonight. Wow what a kick but I was disappointed with lack of Vanilla. On side note I hit the jackpot with the new imperial stouts today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hey Canmore,

Is there a brewery in Sheridan? I had a Wyoming-based wheat beer in Pierre last week and really liked it. Now I can’t remember the name of the brewery.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

So I had Vanilla Bean Bourbon Aged Yeti tonight. Wow what a kick but I was disappointed with lack of Vanilla. On side note I hit the jackpot with the new imperial stouts today.
    I'm surprised anybody is still making anything with vanilla in it.
    The price of the stuff is through the roof.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Not a fan of beer

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I'm surprised anybody is still making anything with vanilla in it.
    The price of the stuff is through the roof.
    Maybe that explained the lack of vanilla.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hey Canmore,

Is there a brewery in Sheridan? I had a Wyoming-based wheat beer in Pierre last week and really liked it. Now I can’t remember the name of the brewery.
    There are two, Luminous and Blacktooth.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information