Page 3 of 492 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Personally, I do not like canned beer any longer. I literally can 'taste' the can now.

I've been enjoying the new Miller's Chill beer (or is it Chile or Chille) beer.
    It has a bit of a mexican beer flavoring, not unlike Dosequis XX, but slightly lighter. Great for very hot weather!

Yet, it's September now, and the days will be cooling down. Give me a name of a beer you consider to be more fall-like flavoring and weight.

Thanks!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

time to put away those lagers, heffeweizens and other wheat beers. . . a good copper ale would go nice right now, possibly mendocino's red tail ale. . . IPAs are perfect this time of year, as are the lighter brown ales-- bell's best brown ale or tommyknocker maple brown. . . or brooklyn brown if you're on the east coast. . . also, this is the time of year for oktoberfests! becks makes a good oktoberfest. . . my personal favorite is avery's imperial oktoberfest, the kaiser-- that stuff is fantastic. . . the new belgium 1554 brussell's black ale is another good fall brew. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Spaten Oktoberfest is awesome. Tommyknocker's Maple Brown is one of my top 10 favorites. Time to make a trip to H&H (local booze barn) and pick me up some Tommyknockers!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Spaten Oktoberfest is awesome. Tommyknocker's Maple Brown is one of my top 10 favorites. Time to make a trip to H&H (local booze barn) and pick me up some Tommyknockers!
    have you had the imperial version in the bomber? i've only seen it once, so i'm not sure how many editions of it they've made, but it was some pretty damn good stuff. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    have you had the imperial version in the bomber? i've only seen it once, so i'm not sure how many editions of it they've made, but it was some pretty damn good stuff. . .

No I haven't! I'll keep an eye out though. I went to H&H to get some Maple Brown, but they didn't have ANY Tommyknockers, so I picked up the Blue Moon summer brew. I'll try it out here after dinner and let y'all know how it is.

I will never get the whole beer thing, even though I'm not an alcohol drinker to begin with. My friend was RAVING about Guinness when it first came out and insisting I try it, even though the only thing I like to drink with foam on top is Dr. Pepper. I tried Guinness and it tasted like regular old beer to me. The only beer brands I ever tried were Miller and Heineken(sp) and I still don't get it. Maybe because I can hold my liquor and it takes a hell of a whole lot to give me a buzz, and since I don't drink a hell of a lot of alcohol in one decade much less one sitting, I miss out on getting drunk. Is Guinness still the Brett Favre of beer?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I will never get the whole beer thing, even though I'm not an alcohol drinker to begin with. My friend was RAVING about Guinness when it first came out and insisting I try it, even though the only thing I like to drink with foam on top is Dr. Pepper. I tried Guinness and it tasted like regular old beer to me. The only beer brands I ever tried were Miller and Heineken(sp) and I still don't get it. Maybe because I can hold my liquor and it takes a hell of a whole lot to give me a buzz, and since I don't drink a hell of a lot of alcohol in one decade much less one sitting, I miss out on getting drunk. Is Guinness still the Brett Favre of beer?
    Guinness is okay. A lot of people don't like a dark, stout beer like Guinness. People like me don't like Guinness much because it's better warm than cold and I only drink my beer on the verge of frozen (I usually put it in a cooler with ice and sea salt...let it sit in there for an hour and it's so cold that there are little frozen pieces of beer in it...fantastic).

Beer is an acquired taste though. People don't lie when they say that.

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel

I'm just going to make this post my current top ten list. And by top ten, I'm just saying here are the ten beers that immediately come to mind that I really like right now. And they're not in any particular order.

In fact, I'm pretty non-committal about the whole deal. I just like beer.

But here it is.

1. Wytchwood Hobgoblin
    2. Bell's Porter
    3. Old Engine Oil
    4. Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock
    5. Bell's Double Cream Stout
    6. Sam Adams Black Lager
    7. Blithering Idiot Barley Wine
    8. Stone Arrogant *******
    9. Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
    10. Murphy's Scotch Ale

And I'm sure I left a few out that I totally dig, but oh well.
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    I'm just going to make this post my current top ten list. And by top ten, I'm just saying here are the ten beers that immediately come to mind that I really like right now. And they're not in any particular order.

In fact, I'm pretty non-committal about the whole deal. I just like beer.

But here it is.

1. Wytchwood Hobgoblin
    Mmmm, Hobgoblin

You ever try Theakston's Old Peculiar? Fantastic stuff, heavy enough that you can just sip a couple of pints through an evenin', light enough that you can drink enough to get a serious buzz
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Mmmm, Hobgoblin

You ever try Theakston's Old Peculiar? Fantastic stuff, heavy enough that you can just sip a couple of pints through an evenin', light enough that you can drink enough to get a serious buzz
    Nah, can't say that I have. Is that the kind of thing I'd have to mail order, or is it widely available stateside? I don't know what it even looks like!

And yes, Hobgoblin is da bomb.
    I win. ™

Hear me roar!

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    Nah, can't say that I have. Is that the kind of thing I'd have to mail order, or is it widely available stateside? I don't know what it even looks like!

And yes, Hobgoblin is da bomb.
    I'm not sure what the availability is over there to be honest...............

But as for the other

BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    I'm not sure what the availability is over there to be honest...............

But as for the other

*Droool*

I'm not normally one to judge a book by its cover, especially when it comes to beer... but the fact that it's European is enough for me to want one.

I win. ™

Hear me roar!

In no particular order. My favorite drinks are:

Peroni
    Birra Moretti
    Absinte
    Tuaca
    Arrogant *******
    Red Rum

and how can one NOT mention Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum!!

Man, I love it w/ Egg Nog at Christmas.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    yes, guiness is the brett favre of beer-- OLD AND OVERRATED!! there's much better stuff out there that doesn't have the same name recognition. . .

who, that old engine oil is some tough stuff-- if you like that, you should keep an eye open for north coast old stock ale. . . . i've had the old peculier, but it's been so long ago that i really don't remember it. . . den, have you ever had samichlaus? now THAT is a beer!

- John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like:

Samuel Adams lager
    Alaskan Amber (Don't sell it in NODAK)
    Pyramid(Don't sell it in NODAK)
    MillerLite
    Fosters
    Molsens
    Coors
    I try anything!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information