Page 103 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by drewloc View Post
    Cracked an Unearthly IPA tonight. Good stuff there, one of my favorites. Also had an Ithaca Flower Power IPA tonight, and that was decent as well. I have some Dark Horse Scotty Karate Scotch Ale, and some Founder's Breakfast Stout in the fridge as well for a night cap.
    I have that ready to go tomorrow (Unearthly IPa). I am looking forward to it, even though it is IPA. I found the Founders' below average when I tried it.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    It is. BTW I am not digging the new avatar, Dog.
    sorry, sid-- gotta have some variety. . .

Cracked an Unearthly IPA tonight. Good stuff there, one of my favorites. Also had an Ithaca Flower Power IPA tonight, and that was decent as well. I have some Dark Horse Scotty Karate Scotch Ale, and some Founder's Breakfast Stout in the fridge as well for a night cap.
    that unearthly is a monster, IMO-- i friggin' love that stuff. . . not necessarily over the top hoppy, but it has mad flava. . .

let me know what you think of the breakfast stout, i always heard that it was good and never got to try it. . .

I have a buddy of mine that had some, he was out of state though, hopefully I can find some here in Ohio. He said it was top notch.
    i never saw any lagunitas brews in OH, but i usually bought beer in Cbus after my favorite shop closed-- the cleveland area may use a different distributor. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

So I had that runation IPA from Stone Brewing. Solid brew. Definitely top hops brew I've had thus dar. Little hints of citrus but besides that few flavors outside of the hops that keep your belly warm and mind happy.

Tried the Maharaja IPA. What a great beer. A true amber hue to a cloudy flavorful beer when you pour it. Well balanced flavors. Tones of citrus, very light tastes of malt, and a simply wonderful blast of hops. When I bought it the man helping me pick a wine said that the Maharaja IPA is arguably the best beer being brewed in the US to date and I have to admit, I'm 100% behind him.

I also got the Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale, but I have to admit I got really drunk the night it happened and it was gone when I came to the next morning. I hope I drank it but not exactly sure what happened to it.
    Temp sig till I find another one

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigBroncLove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    So I had that runation IPA from Stone Brewing. Solid brew. Definitely top hops brew I've had thus dar. Little hints of citrus but besides that few flavors outside of the hops that keep your belly warm and mind happy.

Tried the Maharaja IPA. What a great beer. A true amber hue to a cloudy flavorful beer when you pour it. Well balanced flavors. Tones of citrus, very light tastes of malt, and a simply wonderful blast of hops. When I bought it the man helping me pick a wine said that the Maharaja IPA is arguably the best beer being brewed in the US to date and I have to admit, I'm 100% behind him.

I also got the Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale, but I have to admit I got really drunk the night it happened and it was gone when I came to the next morning. I hope I drank it but not exactly sure what happened to it.
    get another bottle-- it's good. . .

told ya you'd like the maharaja. . . .

did you find the mikkeller tomahawk?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    get another bottle-- it's good. . .

told ya you'd like the maharaja. . . .

did you find the mikkeller tomahawk?
    Haven't gotten it yet. Still working my way through what I already ahd in fridge, especially after a rather nasty hangover a few weeks back in which, in irregular fashion, I put my self one to many drinks under the table and forgot a portion of the night. I just ran out of good brew though and am really looking forward to my return to Colorado Liquor Mart. What a great selection! I had to get a bottle of wine (a chardoney that was aged in steel casks and not oak) for a date and the help and selection was just to good to pass up. I look forward to my next stop and that mikkeller is at the top of my list.

I will say, I've had few beers as well balanced as the Maharaja, and the flavor was unique and wonderful. I think I'll be following your list to the T DF. At least until there is nothing more to follow.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So opened up the Oaked Aged Unearthly and it is pretty good. Very sharp going down with a hint of citrus and wood. I like the WFT better, but it is not a bad brew.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

9. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

that unearthly is a monster, IMO-- i friggin' love that stuff. . . not necessarily over the top hoppy, but it has mad flava. . .

let me know what you think of the breakfast stout, i always heard that it was good and never got to try it. . .

i never saw any lagunitas brews in OH, but i usually bought beer in Cbus after my favorite shop closed-- the cleveland area may use a different distributor. . .
    I thought the breakfast stout was ok, but as highly touted as it was, I expected more. Yeah I'm not having any luck with the Lagunitas brews either up here, got a request in at my local store though, we will see what happens. Unearthly has been my go to beer as of late. If nothing jumps out at me, it's good ol' Southern Tier for myself.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I thought the breakfast stout was ok, but as highly touted as it was, I expected more. Yeah I'm not having any luck with the Lagunitas brews either up here, got a request in at my local store though, we will see what happens. Unearthly has been my go to beer as of late. If nothing jumps out at me, it's good ol' Southern Tier for myself.
    Try Whole Foods, my local ones in the DC are seems to get a wider range from brews from across the country then the local beer and wine stores.

12. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i stopped by argonaut today, and the new place looks even better than the old. . .

six packs galore. . . their singles and true high-end beer selection isn't great, though, which is why liquor mart is still a far superior store even if they can't match argonaut's volume. . .

still, i was plenty happy to find grand teton's lost continent (fantastic DIPA) in a store for the first time, and also flying dog's double dog double pale ale-- first time i've been able to get it as an individual four pack instead of part of the "variety pack" or whatever BS they called it, which i would never buy again because their trippel is freakin' undrinkable. . . picked up a six of breckenridge's small batch 471 IPA, which is a damn good brew. . .
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

i stopped by argonaut today, and the new place looks even better than the old. . .

six packs galore. . . their singles and true high-end beer selection isn't great, though, which is why liquor mart is still a far superior store even if they can't match argonaut's volume. . .

still, i was plenty happy to find grand teton's lost continent (fantastic DIPA) in a store for the first time, and also flying dog's double dog double pale ale-- first time i've been able to get it as an individual four pack instead of part of the "variety pack" or whatever BS they called it, which i would never buy again because their trippel is freakin' undrinkable. . . picked up a six of breckenridge's small batch 471 IPA, which is a damn good brew. . .
    Yeah their trippel is terrible, I am a fan of some of their other brews, but was suprised at how much it sucked.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

16. The Following User High Fived drewloc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Harpoon's 100 barrel series Single Hop ESB. It was an OK not great brew. Pours a muddy brown with light head. No real smell and the not real bitter. Just nothing that makes this brew stand out in any way.

Had a couple good brews today. Went to a local brewer called Fatheads, they had a Coffee Bean Porter that was cask conditioned. It was fantastic, I really enjoyed that beer, also had their hefeweizen called Gogglefogger, it was damn tasty as well. I picked up some Ayinger Weiss beers for the night cap. It's a good day!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived drewloc For This Post:

Ok, I'm not eficianados like you guys. I go to Europe 3-5 times a year and typically drink German pilz or something simiar.

I'm in Little Rock for a few days, and had a few new beers (new to me).

The first was from an Arkansas Brewery. Which was very "German Pilz" like. It was Springbock, or Seahawk, or S something, Pilz. It is supposed to be an Arkansas Microbrewery. Unfortunately, I had several after that, so I can't remember it's name. Not quite as smooth as most of the German Pilz, but good.

Then I had a Blue Moon, which is a lemon/citrus beer.

I had those at the hotel. Then we went to the Flying Saucer (a chain of beer joints across some southern cities that have a few hundred beers, many of which are on tap).

Here I had my favorite of the night which was NB Belgium Pale Blonde or something like that. The other 'feature' of the flying saucer is that the waitresses dress in Catholic school girl uniforms, which has NOTHING to do with why we went there...

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, I'm not eficianados like you guys. I go to Europe 3-5 times a year and typically drink German pilz or something simiar.

I'm in Little Rock for a few days, and had a few new beers (new to me).

The first was from an Arkansas Brewery. Which was very "German Pilz" like. It was Springbock, or Seahawk, or S something, Pilz. It is supposed to be an Arkansas Microbrewery. Unfortunately, I had several after that, so I can't remember it's name. Not quite as smooth as most of the German Pilz, but good.

Then I had a Blue Moon, which is a lemon/citrus beer.

I had those at the hotel. Then we went to the Flying Saucer (a chain of beer joints across some southern cities that have a few hundred beers, many of which are on tap).

Here I had my favorite of the night which was NB Belgium Pale Blonde or something like that. The other 'feature' of the flying saucer is that the waitresses dress in Catholic school girl uniforms, which has NOTHING to do with why we went there...
    Ok, I think I might have been a little toasted last night. The Pils wasn't from an Arkansas Brewery, it was Scrimshaw Pilz I believe.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The Bruery's Mischief. A very hoppy Belgian Ale. I was really how surprised how good this one was. I am not a big fan of Belgian's but this one had more of a feel of really good America Strong Ale then ***** Belgian. The 8.5 ACL is hidden with the taste and goes down extremely smooth. It really good, and if you see it pick it up.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information