Page 101 of 492 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7379

Thread: the BEER THREAD!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

have you had the double bstard? i like that one the best of all the versions. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    have you had the double bstard? i like that one the best of all the versions. . .
    I have not... I must admit a lot of the better choices of the brewing companies that you have suggested I have not tried yet. I've been looking for that ruination IPA with no luck yet as well as a lot of your other suggestions for hoppy beers you made a few weeks back, but I just have to find the right liquor spot around here since moving back to Denver. I really wanna try that ruination because I loved the hopoliciousness in that Stone IPA.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I have not... I must admit a lot of the better choices of the brewing companies that you have suggested I have not tried yet. I've been looking for that ruination IPA with no luck yet as well as a lot of your other suggestions for hoppy beers you made a few weeks back, but I just have to find the right liquor spot around here since moving back to Denver. I really wanna try that ruination because I loved the hopoliciousness in that Stone IPA.
    dude, why didn't you say so?

i don't know what's convenient for you, but you really need to hit up liquor mart down on south colorado blvd. . . it's on the west side of the street, next to the king soopers. . . i think it's between ohio and kentucky. . .

they've got a killer selection-- pretty much anything i've talked about this year you can get there, and tons of other stuff as well. . .

if that's way far, let me know what area you live in and i might know something closer, but even if it's a drive for you it's more than worth it. . . honestly, since it's a convenient location for me it's pretty much always where i shop beyond maybe picking up a six at the pharmacy a block over. . . liquor mart's selection is good enough that i haven't really even bothered to look around that much since i've been back. . . although i did stop by my old favorite place the other day (down in littleton), and they're getting ready to close. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

dude, why didn't you say so?

i don't know what's convenient for you, but you really need to hit up liquor mart down on south colorado blvd. . . it's on the west side of the street, next to the king soopers. . . i think it's between ohio and kentucky. . .

they've got a killer selection-- pretty much anything i've talked about this year you can get there, and tons of other stuff as well. . .

if that's way far, let me know what area you live in and i might know something closer, but even if it's a drive for you it's more than worth it. . . honestly, since it's a convenient location for me it's pretty much always where i shop beyond maybe picking up a six at the pharmacy a block over. . . liquor mart's selection is good enough that i haven't really even bothered to look around that much since i've been back. . . although i did stop by my old favorite place the other day (down in littleton), and they're getting ready to close. . .
    I live in the Wash Park area so not at all. I actually went there to get the 90 minute imperial IPA Should have kept my eyes open but I was in a rush to get to a draft party.

I just find myself down in that area very rarely unless its to go to the home depot or Osaka's sushi . I'll go there today since I have to hit the grocery store anyways and in my mind you can never have to much beer if fridge space is available. Thanks for the heads up.

Adopted Bronco:

I live in the Wash Park area so not at all. I actually went there to get the 90 minute imperial IPA Should have kept my eyes open but I was in a rush to get to a draft party.

I just find myself down in that area very rarely unless its to go to the home depot or Osaka's sushi . I'll go there today since I have to hit the grocery store anyways and in my mind you can never have to much beer if fridge space is available. Thanks for the heads up.
    sure. . .

you won't be able to get the double bstard (it's a seasonal), but they've got tons of other good stuff-- i particularly recommend getting the mikkeller tomahawk single hop IPA. . .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it's in either the first or the second singles cooler as you walk in. . .

and, if you haven't already tried it, get avery's maharaja as well. . . .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Have two new beers for the drinking and had them yesterday.

First is Odell Brewing Co.'s St. Lupulin Extra Pale Ale. A somewhat modest beer, with a little more hops than malt touch. Lighter color and not exactly brimming with flavor. Well... except for the pale ale touch which is very pronounced. Most pale ale or copper ales have a tinge of metalic flavor in there. This pale ale feels like a bar of melted copper was mixed in with the beer before bottling. It can be overpowering but its still a good beer.

Also have Arrogant ******* Ale Oaked. I've had the unoaked version and really enjoyed it. I find the oak version obviously adds an earthy touch to the beer but seems to have removed a fair amount of the bite. Stronger tones of molasses and malt in this over the unoaked version and its a very nice blend of flavor at the expense of the hops. A good beer I enjoy and will drink again, but I preferred the original Arrogant ******* Ale version a little more.
    I didn't think that the Oaked style was worth the extra 10 bucks. It was ok but the original Ba$tard was far superior brew.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

9. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Talking about Arrogant Ba$tard, just opened Breckenridge Small 471 Batch IPA. Very hoppy and comes across as Ba$tard clone. If you see it, pick it up.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

11. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Talking about Arrogant Ba$tard, just opened Breckenridge Small 471 Batch IPA. Very hoppy and comes across as Ba$tard clone. If you see it, pick it up.
    yep, that's a good beer. . .
    - John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    yep, that's a good beer. . .
    OK that settle it. Dog and I have proclaimed it good brew, people better be racing to go get it now.

15. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Got some "Hop Czar" last night. .. Very good, and very hoppy. It goes right up to the line of "too much" hops and peers over the ledge. Very well balanced for such a hoppy flavor. Overall a great IPA.
    That's Bridgeport, right? I'm a huge fan of their work. I found their regular IPA very distinctive and refreshing, and I think I've posted here before that their ESB is the best American example of the style I've found. Great brewery.

I'll add to the love for Breck 471 IPA. It's been a favorite for almost as long as I've been drinking good beer.

Anyway, came home with the following:
    4 Goose Island County Stout 12oz
    1 Goose Island Nightstalker 22oz
    1 Ølfabrikken Porter 22oz
    1 Southern Tier Oak Aged Unearthly 22oz
    1 New Holland Dragon's Milk 12oz
    1 JW Lees Vintage 1999
    1 JW Lees Vintage 2008 (Port Cask Aged)

Will be trying some of these soon, saving others for awhile. Very excited.

17. The Following User High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    That's Bridgeport, right? I'm a huge fan of their work. I found their regular IPA very distinctive and refreshing, and I think I've posted here before that their ESB is the best American example of the style I've found. Great brewery.

I'll add to the love for Breck 471 IPA. It's been a favorite for almost as long as I've been drinking good beer.

Anyway, came home with the following:
    4 Goose Island County Stout 12oz
    1 Goose Island Nightstalker 22oz
    1 Ølfabrikken Porter 22oz
    1 Southern Tier Oak Aged Unearthly 22oz
    1 New Holland Dragon's Milk 12oz
    1 JW Lees Vintage 1999
    1 JW Lees Vintage 2008 (Port Cask Aged)

Will be trying some of these soon, saving others for awhile. Very excited.
    dude, that's an awesome haul. . . i will admit that i've never been a big fan of goose island-- also, although i've liked most of their other beers, i'll agree with layne that the hop czar was almost too over the top even for me. . . that unearthly is a beast, and the dragon's milk is a favorite-- luckily a friend of mine who moved out to salida a few years ago recently went back to ohio, and brought me back a six of it. . . that, and the bell's and southern tier brews are the ones i miss and can't get out here. . .

also. . .

i cracked that brew dog paradox glen grant tonight. . . pretty damn good beer. . . it's a 10% ABV imperial stout matured in 1970 scotch casks. . . just tremendously complicated and intense. . . it's as dark as tar, with a distinct oiliness of both taste and mouthfeel that i associate with scotch. . . it's got a swarm of flavors-- pretty much everything you'd ever expect to find in a really big dark beer. . .

lots of malt and other earthy sweet notes in the initial flavor-- maple syrup, molasses, dark fruits, and a funky kind of vanilla-almond-hazelnut kinda mild sweetness. . . roasty coffe, smoke, bittersweet cocoa, wood, alcohol. . . the yeast and pungent whisky notes. . . with lingering mocha notes and bitey aftertaste from the cask. . .

sid, i'm almost positive you'll like this one. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Dogfish...Elsid...SM19...BBL - maybe you guys can give your input. Which is best from amopng Olde English 800, Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull, or Colt .45? TIA
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 05-27-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Dogfish...Elsid...SM19...BBL - maybe you guys can give your input. Which is best from amopng Olde English 800, Sclitz Malt Liquor Bull, or Colt .45? TIA
    ****!

- John Elway

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

****!

What? Like you're telling never wanted to buy "beer" 40 oz at a time?
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

lol dread.... that aint beer. Those are a malt liquor. I don't think those belong in the "Beer Thread" I think they belong in a unique "I Want To Get Drunk But I'm Cheap" thread.

I can't say I haven't done it before. When I was in the military I preferred the colt .45 because you could buy a 12 pack for 6 dollars at the PX. Theres a funny story related to that in which we were getting drunk in the Airborne Field at Ft. Benning where they have the two airborne towers that you do a test drop during the second week of airborne school. Anyhow, there a bunch of trees across the field with picnic tables that are well concealed for drinking out of the barracks which is a big no-no. Anyhow, we got drunk and being dumb kids started breaking bottles against trees. I ended up getting so damn drunk, and again being young and dumb, I finally started getting worried about getting caught and kicked outta airborne school. So I tried to pick up hundreds of shards of broken glass because they had our fingerprints on them. LOL.... well.... until a fellow drunk buddy convinced me they wouldn't go finger printing broken colt bottles to figure out who did it. Last time I ever drank colt.

However, go steel reserve if your jumping down that rabbit hole, but I would fully suggest getting a beer you can fully enjoy rather then chugging malt piss.

24. The Following User High Fived BigBroncLove For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information