Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RR's 2013 mock draft 2.0

Default RR's 2013 mock draft 2.0

I am doing this mock under the assumption that Doom WON'T return

Part ways
    Doom
    Mays
    Kuper
    Quinton Carter (I don't like making this move, but I doubt the Broncos will want to wait around for his legal issues to subside(not to mention the season ending injury he's recovering from).
    McGahee
    Caldwell

FA's SIGNED
    Dwight Freeney 2 years, 5 million. As we've seen up to this point in FA, it has not been a lucrative market for pass rushers. As a part time pass rusher, I think Freeney will want to reunite with Manning and join a contending team for a bargain price.

DRAFT

There appears to be a lot of buzz going around about some teams in the top 8 taking a liking to Geno Smith. As a Broncos fan, I hope somebody in the top 7 snags Smith before Buffalo gets the chance. The Bills have made it very clear that they will be drafting a QB early this year. They will miss out on the top guy and they will quickly realize that it would be a gigantic reach for them to take a Barkley/Nassib/Wilson at #8 overall. I think they are far enough out in the 2nd round to miss out on the next few QB prospects, so this could force them to trade back into RD 1 to "get their guy". This is where we come into play. This draft is deep in our remaining need positions and there should be plenty of value picks, if we trade back. So with that said, here's my updated mock draft.

TRADE- The Broncos trade the #28 pick to Buffalo for their 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks. This enables us to go back in the draft and get players with similar value than we would at #28.

2a. Jonathan Cyprien SS FIU- Hard hitting safety with good size. With all of the uncertainty surrounding this position, I think we seriously need to address this position early in the draft. Cyprien has the size, production and skill set to flourish in our defense.

2b. Ryan Swope WR T A & M- Described as a "bigger, more athletic Brandon Stokley", Ryan Swope would be an ideal fit into our offense. He would be a nice luxury pick here that we could use in certain situations and take advantage of his skill set. He would be Welker's replacement when Wes decides to move on.

3a. Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford- He has all of the attributes of a potential 3 down back. Good size ( 5'10, 215), durable, good pass catcher and great in pass protection. He would be a great compliment to Hillman to gives us a good 1-2 punch down the road.

3b. Brandon Williams DT Miss So- Small school guy with great production. He has the size that JDR looks for in DT's and proved his worth by performing well against his peers in the Senior Bowl. He's solid depth that could push Knighton and Vickerson for a starting spot in the future.

4. David Quessenberry OL San Jose ST- Versatile lineman who has played multiple positions throughout the o-line and could be solid depth who could play in a pinch down the road.

5a. Quanterus Smith DE WKU- Productive player with great pass rushing ability. He tore his ACL late last season, which is the biggest reason why his stock is down. He would be a PUP list or potential IR candidate his rookie season, but he has serious potential to be Doom's true replacement on the D-line and be a good pass rusher, when he recovers. Good value pick.

5b. Zac Dysert QB Miami (Ohio)- Good size, big arm, solid mobility and leadership skills, he fits the mold of what Elway wants in a QB. 4 year starter with solid production and has the skill set to be a good NFL QB. I am a big supporter of the drafting a QB or atleast bringing a new QB in every year for development purposes and with the extra picks we acquired in this trade, I can see the FO using one on another developmental guy.

7. Kayvon Webster CB South Florida- Young CB depth that could compete with Tony Carter for the #5 CB spot. Worst case scenario, we stash him on the PS for a while and see how he develops.

That's what I got for now.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived RebelRocker For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I actually like this draft. Only criticism would be Smith. I actually have him on my list of UDFA wants. 5th round may be high for him

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I like it, I do like Swearinger and Elam better for Safety.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pretty solid RR.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Big fan of Swearingers but Cyprien would be a solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I actually like this draft. Only criticism would be Smith. I actually have him on my list of UDFA wants. 5th round may be high for him
    That's what I was going to say. I agree. Because of the injury, I think he will be undrafted. That doesn't mean he will stay there long. I've seen him projected as a fifth, but I think at earliest he goes in the 7th.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask what people see in Taylor? I would think that if a 4.8 40 RB won't be available in the later rounds you don't need him.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have to give you credit. I think this is the first mock done by a Bronco fan that doesn't have us taking Lattimore.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask what people see in Taylor? I would think that if a 4.8 40 RB won't be available in the later rounds you don't need him.......
    I see him going in the later rounds because of his 40

Adopted Bronco:
    Britton Colquitt (Punters are people too)

Thanks for sharing your draft. I would say overall pretty good. Only issues would be that the trade with Buffalo is a little generous for us, and that Taylor has been taken a little high for my liking.

In my view, Taylor is quite a safe selection at running back. He does a lot of things well, but nothing he does is outstanding. Pass pro is good which is a definite positive, but he lacks explosiveness as a runner. You guys are right his 40 time will hurt his stock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by aulaza View Post
    Thanks for sharing your draft. I would say overall pretty good. Only issues would be that the trade with Buffalo is a little generous for us, and that Taylor has been taken a little high for my liking.

In my view, Taylor is quite a safe selection at running back. He does a lot of things well, but nothing he does is outstanding. Pass pro is good which is a definite positive, but he lacks explosiveness as a runner. You guys are right his 40 time will hurt his stock.
    Taylor might not make it to bottom of third, I do not think too high, he is what 3rd or 4th RB in draft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Taylor might not make it to bottom of third, I do not think too high, he is what 3rd or 4th RB in draft
    IMO, I would have Lacy, Bernard, Ellington, Michael, Ball, Bell, Franklin all above Taylor, maybe some others I've missed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

IMO, I would have Lacy, Bernard, Ellington, Michael, Ball, Bell, Franklin all above Taylor, maybe some others I've missed.
    Taylor is better then most those backs you just listed.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Taylor is better then most those backs you just listed.
    Maybe Michael could be lower due to injury/off field issues, and I guess depending on your system and who fits others could be lower, but I just don't see Taylor lighting it up in the NFL. He doesn't excite me that much. All those guys are more explosive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Maybe Michael could be lower due to injury/off field issues, and I guess depending on your system and who fits others could be lower, but I just don't see Taylor lighting it up in the NFL. He doesn't excite me that much. All those guys are more explosive.
    Size is the biggest thing, they need to block and get short yards.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information