Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 1,561 to 1,572 of 1572

Thread: Elvis Dumervil is Officially a Free Agent

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

Based on size, I agree...but I'd be good either way. I'm in the minority that thinks Freeney's drop off had more to do with the culture and scheme change in Indy the last two years than it did with his skills
    I agree about Freeney but i would still prefer Abraham and would be content with either.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    RT @VicLombardi I'm told Broncos offered more guaranteed money. Elvis chose Baltimore.
    Now I'm totally confused. Not only does Denver have a better chance at winning a superbowl over the next few years, but Elway also offered more guaranteed money.

So what the hell was going on in Elvis' mind? It couldn't have been anything personal, as there's no way for him to be mad at the Broncos...because it was HIS agent that ****** up the deal, not Elway and the front office.

The Ravens lost 6 of their 22 starters in the last 6 weeks, and are going to be bogged down by one of the worst contracts in NFL history with Joe Flacco. Honestly, what angle was Elvis playing here signing in Baltimore???
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    Honestly, what angle was Elvis playing here signing in Baltimore???
    I'm wondering the same thing... beginning to think he wants to play for stats, not a ring. He will be the star in B-More, here he second in line behind Von.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

Now I'm totally confused. Not only does Denver have a better chance at winning a superbowl over the next few years, but Elway also offered more guaranteed money.

So what the hell was going on in Elvis' mind? It couldn't have been anything personal, as there's no way for him to be mad at the Broncos...because it was HIS agent that ****** up the deal, not Elway and the front office.

The Ravens lost 6 of their 22 starters in the last 6 weeks, and are going to be bogged down by one of the worst contracts in NFL history with Joe Flacco. Honestly, what angle was Elvis playing here signing in Baltimore???
    We don't know what Broncos last offer was. This deal apparently is similar to what I described the Broncos doing, but more severe. He is to get a $1 million salary this year, and $7.5 million signing bonus on a five year, $35 million deal (the Broncos restructure that got botched had him getting $8 million this year, and $30 million over three years).

I haven't seen reported yet how much the guarantee in the 2nd or later years is. That may have been a deciding factor.

I'm sure Elvis is still mad that the Broncos wanted to reduce his outrageous salary to begin with.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I'm sure Elvis is still mad that the Broncos wanted to reduce his outrageous salary to begin with.
    I'm sure 3-4, Wink M, and new scenery are reasons, but I would venture to say hurt feelings is the big reason he chose not to come back.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Let's look at the facts, Baltimore is relatively closer to Florida, he's being reunited with Wink Martindale, he'll play in a 3-4 defense in which he was at his best in, despite the losses to the roster they are the current World Champions, he felt slighted that the team cut him to begin with though he knew it was a possibility and Baltimore is signing him to a five year deal, whereas Denver's was more then likely still a three year deal.

It's probable to think the two teams are close enough fiscally, but that their deal being longer guaranteed him a home till he retires, with a chance to still be competitive and somewhat successful. In the end, I have to say sorry to Mo and Rav, because I don't think he was Circle Jerking the team, I think it was a really hard decision for him, and had more to do with the remainder of his career then the fiscal aspects and that is why it was so hard, he knew he was saying goodbye, he just wasn't ready to do that, and likely hoped Denver would match the offer in the end, but it didn't happen.

I don't hate him, I wish him nothing but the best...but I am still glad this crap is over, it's time for the team and fans to move on and I am sure we, or most feel that way.

11. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Upshaw is an outside guy. In fact, he was expected to replace Kruger. Since Doom will be doing that, Upshaw will split time on the ooutside with Doom and Suggs. Inside, they have an overrated McClain and an old Adebyanjo. Ngata at NT with always injured Canty at an end and Spears on the otherside. They get Webb back from injury, but Graham is a question mark and they have nothing at safety. They also dealt their best receiver and Birk retired, too.

Think back to how well they played when their defensive starters were injured last year. What they are fielding at this moment is less than that was. That division isnt the toughest right now, so who knows how they'll do...but they really dont scare me.
    Upshaw can play McClain's position if they wanna go that route, and while McClain isn't elite he's no worse than the garbage Denver has been putting in the middle of their D for years. Graham loses the LCB to Smith and Webb is their best CB. They need to replace Birk and two S's, Bolden had a good run but he's been just a guy for a couple years. Jacoby Jones is still there, iirc.

I have no doubt that Newsome has them at/near the top of that division again this year.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

It could easily be personal. Things get said by the team in contract negotiations that usually dont make it to the player. In this case, knowing the first agent dumervil had, it probably did. It was clearly personal otherwise he wouldn't take less to play elsewhere. He must have felt he couldn't have come back here and been respected and given respect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I would be ok with them pulling the offer off the table.
    I was thinking they should have probably pull the offer off the table. Now Dumervil is with the Ravens I hope Denver signs Abraham and then drafts a defensive end to groom.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He easily becomes the best player on a very depleted defense. Strange decision
    When the story came out that Elvis wanted to be appreciated that a red flag that he wasn't going to sign with Denver.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Let's look at the facts, Baltimore is relatively closer to Florida, he's being reunited with Wink Martindale, he'll play in a 3-4 defense in which he was at his best in, despite the losses to the roster they are the current World Champions, he felt slighted that the team cut him to begin with though he knew it was a possibility and Baltimore is signing him to a five year deal, whereas Denver's was more then likely still a three year deal.

It's probable to think the two teams are close enough fiscally, but that their deal being longer guaranteed him a home till he retires, with a chance to still be competitive and somewhat successful. In the end, I have to say sorry to Mo and Rav, because I don't think he was Circle Jerking the team, I think it was a really hard decision for him, and had more to do with the remainder of his career then the fiscal aspects and that is why it was so hard, he knew he was saying goodbye, he just wasn't ready to do that, and likely hoped Denver would match the offer in the end, but it didn't happen.

I don't hate him, I wish him nothing but the best...but I am still glad this crap is over, it's time for the team and fans to move on and I am sure we, or most feel that way.

I think all parties are glad its over and there is no malice or ill-will. Doom was a under sized-5-11 260lbs 4th round pick who over a 6 year period managed 63.5 sacks! Denver got 6 great years out of Doom...that's not bad by any stretch. Who knows perhaps Doom may wear a Bronco uniform again before its all said and done.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information