Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Pre-Season Power Rankings

Adopted Bronco:

Default First Pre-Season Power Rankings

32. Detroit - It easy to expect at least some improvement, but they still have a long way to go.

31. St. Louis - Sorry to say, but Spags hasnt done anything to make me a believer. No WR's, weak line, shaky QB situation and the defense cant stop anything

30. Cleveland - Maybe the QB competition sparks something, but I'm guessing there isnt much improvement here.

29. Kansas City - Maybe they improve a little bit, but for now, I dont see it.

28. Oakland - Just insert your joke here. I just dont see how this team is any better or even on a path to improvement

27. Cincinnati - Another team hard to judge this early, but they just havent done enough to take the leap

26. Seattle - A full season of Hasselbach and an actual NFL receiver will help, but too many changes on defense

25. San Francisco - Singletary is getting them there, but he still lacks a quality QB/WR tandem

24. Tampa Bay - Way too many question marks to really even assess much at this point. Not good

23. Jacksonville - A team of overrated underachievers wont win too many games

22. NY Jets - Sanchez will surprise people and Ryan can work the defense, but a rookie QB will make enough mistakes to lose.

21. Miami - Last year was an aberration. Expect them to come back to reality

20. Houston - Another mediocre season looms

19. Buffalo - Look to be improved on both sides of the ball. Question is, will TO eat Edwards for lunch and can Jauron lead them

18. Denver - The biggest question marks will be how the defense improves and how they handle a brutal schedule. Should be better than expected.

17. Washington - Will Campbell crack under the pressure of knowing one big mistake and he's gone? Could be a time bomb to unsettle the offense.

16. Chicago - Minnesota and Green Bay seem to have improved more. A good QB just wont be enough to get them much further.

15. New Orleans - Defense should be better and it looks like the running game is alive in pre-season.

14. Baltimore - Lack of receivers and changes on defense will cause them to take a step backwards

13. Green Bay - Rodgers will be more confident and the defense is in love with Capers and his 3-4 scheme

12. Arizona - Is the defense better? Can Wells help the running game? Will Warner last a full season? If yes, then it could be a better season

11. Dallas - Losing TO helps more than it hurts, but until Romo develops a passion for winning, it will be more of the same

10. Carolina - They'll ride a good defense and a running game to a good season, but the end is near for their window

9. Tennessee - See: Baltimore

8. San Diego - They have an easy schedule, a weak conference and tons of talent. it's all up to them.

7. Indianapolis - Manning and Co. will produce as usual.

6. NY Giants - The offense could be in trouble if a receiver doesnt step up, but the running game and defense will keep them in games

5. Atlanta - The additions can only make them a better team, but can they handle the schedule?

4. New England - Brady is back. Enough said

3. Minnesota - Favre adds an element that allows the offense to do ALOT more. Added to a stud defense, they will be scary good.

2. Pittsburgh - Defending champs just know how to do it. A few scares aside, they'll be fighting in the end.

1. Philadelphia - They lost their defensive leaders in Dawkins and Jim Johnson, but they have enough talent on both sides to be better than last year.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

LOL. You took a lot of heat last year for keeping the Broncos ranked low during the beginning of the season.

I would wager that you will now take a lot of heat for having them ranked too high.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Hmmm . . . looks pretty good to me for the most part, Coach. I'm not sure I see
    Philly in the top spot, however. About #6, perhaps?

Looks as if the teams from 14 through 23 may be pretty closely bunched, and
    just about any order could be right?--Although I think you did a pretty good job
    there.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Feel free to use the following form to express displeasure.

YOU'RE WRONG, COACH! ___________ (fill in the blank) should be ranked higher/lower (circle one) than _____________ (fill in the blank) because I say so. Your opinion is stupid.

Nice work as usual, darlin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I get crap for having Denver too low and they finished poorly. I also got crap for having Philly too high and they were 2 misytakes away from the Super Bowl.

I'll keep Philly ranked high because I dont believe the defense will lose a step and the offense vastly improved.

Denver could change from week to week

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

YOU'RE WRONG, COACH! The Miami Mackers should be ranked the same than the limit of x^2/x as x approaches infinity because I say so. Your opinion is stupid. And your a booger head.

I expected to see the Broncos lower, but I haven't watched all the pre-season games. You are usually spot on, so I have no complaints.

I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    YOU'RE WRONG, COACH! The Miami Mackers should be ranked the same than the limit of x^2/x as x approaches infinity because I say so. Your opinion is stupid. And your a booger head.

I expected to see the Broncos lower, but I haven't watched all the pre-season games. You are usually spot on, so I have no complaints.

I wish i could remember the last time I was called a booger head.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I wish i could remember the last time I was called a booger head.
    I believe it was 10:59 CST.

----------------
    Now playing: De La Soul – Rock Co. Kane Flow
    via FoxyTunes
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I believe it was 10:59 CST.

----------------
    Now playing: De La Soul – Rock Co. Kane Flow
    via FoxyTunes
    I guess that makes sense. Prior to that I'd assume it was 2nd grade.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Those are your rankings?

I think cincy and sea will be higher than buffalo. But for now without playing any games those look pretty good.

But i still think the bengals and seabirds surprise teams this year.

also i think ATL and GB should be switched. Call it a hunch, but GB does really really well this year and ATL does not- maybe .500 for them. I dont buy into the matt ryan hype just yet.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Those are your rankings?
    Brilliant.

Yes, those are Coach's rankings. He does them all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think cincy and sea will be higher than buffalo. But for now without playing any games those look pretty good.

But i still think the bengals and seabirds surprise teams this year.

also i think ATL and GB should be switched. Call it a hunch, but GB does really really well this year and ATL does not- maybe .500 for them. I dont buy into the matt ryan hype just yet.
    That's why i said Cincy was hard to judge...and Seattle too. I just dont know if they can recoup from all the losses on defense, but...they are in the right devision to get lucky.

I think GB will be good too. Rodgers was good and should be better and that defense is totally buying into the system and they added some nice toys for Capers to play with. (Raji, Matthews)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Those are your rankings?
    Crazy as it seems, yes they are attached to my name. let me apologize for not thinking Chicago did enough to make a major improvement over last year. Certainly not as much as MIN and GB and with those two on the schedule to go with PIT, ATL, ARI, PHI and BAL...I think calling them an 8-8 team is kind.

But...we'll see how it changes over the course of the season

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

and why do you think your so special to have your own rankings? lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information