Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New CellPhone Shopping

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    What does it mean if I hated Apple pre iPhone?
    same with me. I have never owned an apple product. Because I hate their OS.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Thats kinda my point. 80% of people ive met/know are huge snobs about their iphone.
    Apple snobs are out there, I'm not denying it, but you also can't deny that apple makes good products.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Apple snobs are out there, I'm not denying it, but you also can't deny that apple makes good products.
    Apple makes good software. Then they make cheap hardware, try to patent the shape of a deck of cards, and over charge for it.

5. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Honestly, they're no better than the MS based systems out there.

What does it mean if I hated Apple pre iPhone?
    I guess I would need to know your reasoning. I hate their commercials, but I don't hate apple products. I have an Iphone, but as per our recent PM's you know I am buying a Samsung Note tablet, and my laptop currently runs on Linux Mint. I don't need all of my gadgets to be able to fuk themselves.

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I guess I would need to know your reasoning. I hate their commercials, but I don't hate apple products. I have an Iphone, but as per our recent PM's you know I am buying a Samsung Note tablet, and my laptop currently runs on Linux Mint. I don't need all of my gadgets to be able to fuk themselves.
    snob

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

1. Price. I've always been jaded that I can buy a PC with much superior processing power than if I paid more for a Mac
    2. OS is just unix with some tweaks and power commands removed. Yeah if you know unix, you can get your hands dirty, but it's nothing revolutionary.
    3. The claims in their ads were flat out lies. "Apples never crash", "Apples can't get viruses", etc... It pissed me off that they were making claims that went against the fundamentals of computer science.

They did some pretty revolutionary UI things with the OS, but it's all patented so you can only get it with a mac.

11. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

1. Price. I've always been jaded that I can buy a PC with much superior processing power than if I paid more for a Mac
    2. OS is just unix with some tweaks and power commands removed. Yeah if you know unix, you can get your hands dirty, but it's nothing revolutionary.
    3. The claims in their ads were flat out lies. "Apples never crash", "Apples can't get viruses", etc... It pissed me off that they were making claims that went against the fundamentals of computer science.

They did some pretty revolutionary UI things with the OS, but it's all patented so you can only get it with a mac.
    Don't forget they patented their round corners.....

13. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The cell phone I have is a dinosaur (probably 5 yrs old now) and I can hardly hear the ring or the other person on the other line. I guess I'll be shopping soon. I have no preference whether an iPhone or whatever it's competition is.

What did you get NTL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The cell phone I have is a dinosaur (probably 5 yrs old now) and I can hardly hear the ring or the other person on the other line. I guess I'll be shopping soon. I have no preference whether an iPhone or whatever it's competition is.

What did you get NTL?
    I'm still using my Thunderbolt. After I did the hard reset that I posted earlier in the thread, the phone was back to normal.

So, I'm going to hang on to it for a while. I understand that the Samsung Galaxy 4 will be coming out soon. At that point the Galaxy 3 will be cheap. If you can hold out, that might be the way to go.

16. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm still using my Thunderbolt. After I did the hard reset that I posted earlier in the thread, the phone was back to normal.

So, I'm going to hang on to it for a while. I understand that the Samsung Galaxy 4 will be coming out soon. At that point the Galaxy 3 will be cheap. If you can hold out, that might be the way to go.
    Yeah, I am a cheapskate when it comes to gadgets. I don't play video games and don't want to be like everyone else with my nose in a phone. It's funny to people watch and 7 out of 10 people are playing on their phones. But I keep getting texts that I can't download because of my phone and like I said the audio is going bad. My sons are having the same issues and my wife has an iPhone, which works great.

I sent my wife out to see what see could find out. I'm not really thrilled to hear the price tag, not that I can't afford it, but to spend the cash each month on phones. Anyway, she's out and about right now, but maybe the folks at At&T can fix or reset my original phone and I'd be fine with keeping it as long as I can receive texts and hear the people on the other end.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

This is definitely the way to go. The S3 is much better than the newest iphone and once the s4 is available will be cheap. Hell, it's 100$ through Sprint right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    same with me. I have never owned an apple product. Because I hate their OS.
    What's the OS? I'm not a tech guy, so it makes no difference to me as long as I can call.

My wife went to AT&T and ended up getting me and the boys new phones. They're iPhones, but they cost .99 cents each and only added $30 to the monthly payment for all 3 and activation fee. We've been with AT&T for as long as I can remember.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

What's the OS? .
    Operating System
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Operating System
    I wonder what makes a person like one system over the other.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information