Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New CellPhone Shopping

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    But I got a new phone, and a new contract, and I retained unlimited data. So I'm just wondering if they completely reversed their policy or if I'm missing something.
    I believe the change happened late summer 2012. My sister in law got a new phone in August and got taken off the unlimited data, my father in law did the same in late May but retained unlimited.

If you currently have unlimited data through Verizon then you are grandfathered in and any new contract won't change that (unless they changed their policy from the last time I renewed).
    This is the only reason I stay with AT&T. I've renewed my contract twice (been a customer since 2009), upgraded my phone a month ago, and have kept my unlimited data plan.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    This is the only reason I stay with AT&T. I've renewed my contract twice (been a customer since 2009), upgraded my phone a month ago, and have kept my unlimited data plan.
    Interesting how some people keep it and others don't. I'll stick with Sprint, at least I never worry about my data rates...

4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This is all very troubling to me. I've been with Verizon since 2000, and when I got a new phone/2-year contract in July 2011 they told me I'd be grandfathered in with unlimited data for as long as I'm with Verizon.

I'm due for a new phone in July - I guess I'll have to shop around if I'm not getting my data.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This is all very troubling to me. I've been with Verizon since 2000, and when I got a new phone/2-year contract in July 2011 they told me I'd be grandfathered in with unlimited data for as long as I'm with Verizon.

I'm due for a new phone in July - I guess I'll have to shop around if I'm not getting my data.
    It sounds like either A) The Verizon rep talking to you was misinformed, B) Verizon changed the policy of grandfathering people in, or C) You misunderstood what they said.

It's possible your Verizon rep was trying to tell you in 2011 you'd be grandfathered in only as long as you were using that phone, and either explained it poorly or you misheard.

I have a hard time believing they would promise that you'd be permanently grandfathered in and then go back on that.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Sounds like I made the right decision switching to Sprint.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    but I also currently have unlimited data etc., and I have heard that if I re-up on a new 2 year contract that they will not give me that option any longer.
    I don't think this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't think this is true.
    It is true. I have been with Verizon for a couple of years with unlimited data and when I switched phones last month I no longer had the option of unlimited data.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You also said you had a girlfriend, so I will take all that with a grain of salt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm have an Android 2.0 from 2008, and I'm going to use it until it dies, because of Verizon's policy now on unlimited data, or lack thereof.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    You also said you had a girlfriend, so I will take all that with a grain of salt.
    Good thing I don't give even the slightest shit whether you believe me or not!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Well shit....I guess I better take care of my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

guys get a Iphone4S! OMG! Where is a penis!

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

So NTL, I've been running the Verizon Galaxy III for awhile. I've had strangely no issues. Fast downloads, virtually never drops coverage (although it will drop down to 3G in low density locations) plenty of battery life.

Im sure things will change five minutes after this post.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

Interesting how some people keep it and others don't. I'll stick with Sprint, at least I never worry about my data rates...
    I loved sprint until I moved to North Dakota. I couldn't do anything except make phone calls here
    Free Hotcarl!

19. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information