Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Imaging hosting

Are you already running IIS? Is so, if you run Apache as well, then you are going to somehow direct traffic to either IIS or apache as needed. One way is to bind multiple static IPs to the NIC, use a port other than 80 for the Apache server (not ideal) or some other means to seperate traffic.

If Coppermine will run on IIS, that is probably your simplest route at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Are you already running IIS? Is so, if you run Apache as well, then you are going to somehow direct traffic to either IIS or apache as needed. One way is to bind multiple static IPs to the NIC, use a port other than 80 for the Apache server (not ideal) or some other means to seperate traffic.

If Coppermine will run on IIS, that is probably your simplest route at this point.
    On the one server I would use there is no web site on it so I could use what I want and it wouldn't matter.

I might go with IIS just because I don't have to install more stuff. It does have instructions for installing it on IIS in the documentation. They also say Apache works better than IIS but not why.
    Merry.

One of the reasons is that apache is leaner, and people consider it to perform better as a webserver. It is also possible that some of the things it uses in an apache/linux environment (like image resizers for instance) might work better than what they use in the Windows environment.

Based on the type of usage you are talking about, I would try the IIS install and only go to another option (insatlling apache on windows or build linux box) if you have problems.

If you decide to load apache on your windows server, this site has some good tutorials and a message board for asking questions. I believe they are dedicated to running Apache on Windows.

I had found them when I was trying to setup Apache as a reverse proxy for IIS.

http://www.apachelounge.com/

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    One of the reasons is that apache is leaner, and people consider it to perform better as a webserver. It is also possible that some of the things it uses in an apache/linux environment (like image resizers for instance) might work better than what they use in the Windows environment.

Based on the type of usage you are talking about, I would try the IIS install and only go to another option (insatlling apache on windows or build linux box) if you have problems.

If you decide to load apache on your windows server, this site has some good tutorials and a message board for asking questions. I believe they are dedicated to running Apache on Windows.

I had found them when I was trying to setup Apache as a reverse proxy for IIS.

http://www.apachelounge.com/
    Thanks Tned, you da man!
    Merry.

6. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Just to add a little humor to you this very interesting discussion

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information