Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Everything Mixed Martial Arts

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I disagree. He brings attention, and money to the sport. He sells tickets, sells PPV, and makes people pay attention. Brock doesn't play the role of a WWE heel. Brock has been made the heel simply because many people, especially those that have fought their whole lives to get half what he has achieved, look down on him for his "easy" path.

Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature. Should he be faulted for being a massive monster that can move as fast as guys our size?

Hell no he shouldn't. If you think the heavyweight division is in tatters, well, it is. There isn't a man in it right now that can beat Lesnar. If Carwin gets a rematch (which he should and will) he will lose again and most likely by absorbing a beating this time.

Brock Lesnar hadn't stepped into the ring in a year, managed to beat a life threatening illness in that time, came back and defended his title in a way that NOBODY saw coming.

His skills increase exponentially everytime we see him fight. If he keeps training the way he has been and working to be the best, like he has at every juncture throughout his life, he will be in the UFC hall of fame.

This warrior, and that's what he is, should not be chided for his ridiculous accomplishments, he should be revered for his work ethic and his tenacity.

There is not another man in the UFC that could have absorbed that punishment from Carwin and kept his head intact.

Ask Mir and the 11 others that couldn't make it out of the first round against Carwin.

If there's a problem with the UFC heavyweight class, it's the weight limits, not the massive beast standing atop.
    He's definitely good for business. I never denied that. He's bad for the traditions and history that comes with MMA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    He's definitely good for business. I never denied that. He's bad for the traditions and history that comes with MMA.
    I'm still confused here... Traditions and history. Did he not pay his dues with training, diet and exercise? Was he supposed to come up through a particular school or dojo or whatever? Do you want him to formally bow before and after each round? What is it that Lesnar has done or not done that makes you think this? Should he just quit because he is too big and strong and fast? You realize he is a pretty good wrestler, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I'm still confused here... Traditions and history. Did he not pay his dues with training, diet and exercise? Was he supposed to come up through a particular school or dojo or whatever? Do you want him to formally bow before and after each round? What is it that Lesnar has done or not done that makes you think this? Should he just quit because he is too big and strong and fast? You realize he is a pretty good wrestler, right?
    He's a phenomenal wrestler. He was a four time All American. Forget it. I could explain my stance time and time again in 318 different ways and you and I wouldn't agree. Not worth my time. You and I have drastically different views of mixed martial arts.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Little lay off but his we know.

UFC on Versus 2=Jon Jones is bad ass.

"It is time" UFC 117 Silva vs Sonnes, the All-American trash talker vs the Spider.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...ain-Card-26092
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

UFC on Versus 2 was ok. John Jones is awesome and Gomi knocked Griffin out.

I'm not gonna watch tonight, but hopefully Sonnen wins.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm going to have to disagree there as well. We saw a much different Lesnar after this last fight.

I would take Lesnar anyday over Anderson Silva. Brock will give everything he has to the sport.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

I TOLD you ******s anderson would win

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree there as well. We saw a much different Lesnar after this last fight.

I would take Lesnar anyday over Anderson Silva. Brock will give everything he has to the sport.
    He's definitely evolving and my opinion of him is definitely changing. He's much more humble now after his illness.

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Chael Sonnen backed up everything, won every round, hit Silva more then he will proably ever be hit again, at one point throuhg 2 rounds the strike were 283-11 for Sonnen. But Silva also showed he is a legit fighter, took a pounding for 24 mins and was able to get his legs around for the triangle and get the tap. Wow.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I hate Silva very much.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    So I've been taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu now for a few months and I really have enjoyed it. At first it was pretty intense but now I'm getting used to the technics and pace of the class. They pushed me so hard that I almost threw up a few times and my brother actually did throw up. I train at out of Tracy, Ca at the Charles Gracie Academy. You can find out more by visiting www.charlesgracie.com . They also teach Kenpo, which is what Chuck Liddel practices and boxing on Thursday nights. I also attend MMA classes when I can but have concentrated more on BJJ and learning the submissions.

I also took Tae Kwon Do years ago but It doesnt even compare to this. 80% of fights end up on the ground at one point and if you can learn how to control a fight from the ground then you will have a major advantage.

Are there any Mixed Martial Arts fans here and what have you taken in the past or still taking? Any training tips will also be helpfull.
    you should look into Ryu Kyu Kempo. Very intensive but effective and deadly form of martial arts.

it's the same style that Mr. Miyagi taught Daniel-son in the movie the Karate Kid. I actually took about a year of it when I was a teenager.

They don't teach it as a "sport" like Tae Kwon Do, they actually stress the "Self-defense" part of it hardcore. My sensai always said, your sneakers are your best weapon, and to always run first. if you can't outrun 'em, then you fight, but only as a last option. we were taught never to hurt or permanently injure/disable, just to temporary disable, and then get away, which is why I have a lot of respect for this art. I've seen some others that teach their students to maim/injure, but that's more reflective of the teacher than the art itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyu_Kempo

http://www.ryukyukempo.com/index2.html

check out the katas section, they have video of all of their katas and they are great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

I hate Silva very much.
    I can't stand him either.

I do however have a lot more respect for Roy Nelson after getting his face pummelled as much as he did and went the distance. He is one tough pot bellied fighter!
    Thanks Shake!

Default UFC 122 Predictions

How does anyone let a perfectly decent MMA thread go to waste?
    • Nate Marquardt vs. Yushin Okami
    • Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
    • Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner
    • Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
    • Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic

16. The Following User High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by DENFanVA View Post
    How does anyone let a perfectly decent MMA thread go to waste?
    • Nate Marquardt vs. Yushin Okami
    • Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
    • Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner
    • Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
    • Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic
    It's not going to waste! ...people just don't post in it.

I like Andrew Winner over Dennis Siver and I like Jorge Rivera over Sakara. Sakara is good, and he has a lot of tattoos, but he sucks at that whole winning fights thing.

I'll be in Las Vegas for Veteran's Day weekend, but too bad the fight is in frickin Germany.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Alert Winners Posted

UFC 123 thoughts/observation-BJ Penn looked locked in before the fight, figured he would come out fast and bam, 21 second KO of Matt Hughes, was faster with the hands and Hughes said it felt like a knee or kick but it was a counter punch. A statement fight for Penn, showed he does still have something in the tank and can be a load when his mind is right. Phil Davis aka Dwight Howard look alike dominated Tim Boetsch beating him with a... one are kimura in round 2. Davis has the skills and athletic ability to move up the ranks of 205.

George Sotiropoulos submitted Joe Lauzon, a solid fight, earns the Auzzie another shot on a PPV and maybe a shot at a bigger name. Maiquel Jose Falcao Goncalves wins UFC debut with decision over Harris, showed speed, strength, and the pace of a Brazilian fighter, Harris was stunned a few times, put on the ground and could not mount a come back.

Main Event. A lot of feeling out early between Rampage/Machida, Jackson would put Machida near the cage but never throw shots, few leg kicks from the Dragon, couple clinches and that was the 1st 2 rounds. Round 3 Rampage finally throws, Machida counters nicely puts Rampage against cage then on ground, some G@P, for a couple mins clearly wins round.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information