Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Mixed Martial Arts

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Decent PPV last night. The Josh Koscheck (sp?) fight was pretty entertaining. I had Daly winning that fight but was glad to see Josh win. The Shogun/Machida fight was great. I had Shogun in that one...in fact I bet $10 at 10:1 odds that Shogun won...so I won a good size chunk of change.

The Kimbo/Mitrione fight was a joke. Kimbo slice impressed me on TUF with his work ethic and willingness to learn MMA, but seeing him lose to Mitrione after beating Houston Alexander was awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Kimbo has learned nothing. No stamina, has no idea how to get up when mounted, it was an all or nothing fight for him, and he got his walking papers.

Daily is a little bitch, learn how to escape and don't bitch when Koscheck controls the entire 3rd round, not exciting but Josh stayed on top and won the fight.

Fireworks in the main event, with the way the first fight went you just had to think someone was going to look for the chance to end it in the 1st two rounds. Rua was able to trip Machida, mounted him and landed the finishing shots. I wonder if Machida has ever been hit that hard?

UFC 114 next. The long awaited Jackson vs Evens card. Let the hype begin.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

How is it that after all this time Kimbo STILL has no defense on the ground?I know for a fact he's been training his ground game and working hard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Kimbo has learned nothing. No stamina, has no idea how to get up when mounted, it was an all or nothing fight for him, and he got his walking papers.

Daily is a little bitch, learn how to escape and don't bitch when Koscheck controls the entire 3rd round, not exciting but Josh stayed on top and won the fight.

Fireworks in the main event, with the way the first fight went you just had to think someone was going to look for the chance to end it in the 1st two rounds. Rua was able to trip Machida, mounted him and landed the finishing shots. I wonder if Machida has ever been hit that hard?

UFC 114 next. The long awaited Jackson vs Evens card. Let the hype begin.
    I can't stand Rashad Evans, so here's to Rampage layin the beat down.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128 View Post
    How is it that after all this time Kimbo STILL has no defense on the ground?I know for a fact he's been training his ground game and working hard.
    Well he's old, I am guessing never trained in full matrial arts, and well sometimes some people just don't get somethings.

Well Rampage is an idiot, Evans trains here in town so there's that connection. I am just hoping for a good fight with all the shit talked and what I am sure is going to be a big build up.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Evans trains with Diego Sanchez in his camp. I can't stand Diego or Rashad. I don't care a whole lot for Rampage either, but I dislike him less than Rashad so it's the lesser of two evils.

Pisses me off there's no fight night live or anything like that scheduled until August or September except for the TUF finale next month.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

It's funny, rashad has been my favorite LHW guy since I became a fan in 2006 (yeah im a noob), but rampage is my second favorite LHW, so I don't even want to watch because it will get ugly.

Anybody think that Anderson Silva fight was the best fight in the history of mma? no?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

What Anderson Silva fight? The last one? That was one of the WORST fights I've seen in the last six years since I started watching UFC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    What Anderson Silva fight? The last one? That was one of the WORST fights I've seen in the last six years since I started watching UFC.
    I thought it was a brilliant display of dominance. Every time he wanted to strike, he did, with power and precision. To make a professional fighter look like a scared child is quite a feat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I thought it was a brilliant display of dominance. Every time he wanted to strike, he did, with power and precision. To make a professional fighter look like a scared child is quite a feat.
    Anderson Silva should never have gone to a five-round decision vs Damian Maia. Maia had no room being in that fight. He didn't deserve it. And for Silva to showboat and dance around the cage like that was disgraceful to the sport and an embarrassment to the UFC. Dana White knew it and that's why he made the public statements regarding the fight and Silva that he did. Two title defenses in a row now Silva has done that shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Anderson Silva should never have gone to a five-round decision vs Damian Maia. Maia had no room being in that fight. He didn't deserve it. And for Silva to showboat and dance around the cage like that was disgraceful to the sport and an embarrassment to the UFC. Dana White knew it and that's why he made the public statements regarding the fight and Silva that he did. Two title defenses in a row now Silva has done that shit.
    Well he's frustrated that they can't find any real competition at middleweight or light heavyweight for him, and just knocking guys out chuck norris style wouldn't get his point across, so he puts on clinics. That last one seriously looked like something out of a movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Diego actualy does not train at Jacksons with Rashad. He just moved back from San Diego a few weeks ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Well he's frustrated that they can't find any real competition at middleweight or light heavyweight for him, and just knocking guys out chuck norris style wouldn't get his point across, so he puts on clinics. That last one seriously looked like something out of a movie.
    That isn't the case at all. Nate Marquardt should've been in that fight...not Maia. If that would've been the case, I don't think that Silva would have been able to do that. Or Ryan Bader.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Diego actualy does not train at Jacksons with Rashad. He just moved back from San Diego a few weeks ago.
    Oh.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

OMG OMG UFC 114 is almost here!

Card looks pretty good overall.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information