Thread: Trailer for James Cameron's movie Avatar

Default Trailer for James Cameron's movie Avatar

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Saw this last night at the Theater. . .I wasn't enthralled. Looked like some decent special effects, but no idea really what the story is about.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I'm not sure either, I haven't read much. I know a few years ago, he said he was working on a script for a movie based on a Japanese Manga (graphich novel, I guess) book, where a robot of some kind was thrown on a junk heap and somehow was reconditioned. Looking at the trailer, I don't think that's what this movie is about.

It looks a little out there, but to date I think I have liked all Cameron's movies, so he certainly has my curiousity.

A human's brain is put into an alien's body.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

6. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
    A human's brain is put into an alien's body.
    Kind of. The Avatar aliens are controlled by the humans (Sam Worthington in this case, the guy from Terminator Salvation). I saw a 15 minute preview of this in 3-D last friday and thought the 3-D looked amazing, I thought the CG was pretty rubbery. I don't know what it is, it was super detailed (you could see veins and skin texture on the aliens and creatures) but the damn aliens look too cartoony or something.

I've been hearing about this from the film geek community for about 2 years now, and how it was going to revolutionize the film industry but I've seen nothing to prove that thus far. I'll withhold judgment until after I see it of course, but I'm not drooling to see it like some of my friends. The best CG to this date I've seen, ironically, was the T-Rex in the first Jurassic Park almost 15 years. The reason that worked is because they combined CG, models, and puppets and it really gave the T-Rex some weight. All the stuff I saw in Avatar was pretty, but you could tell it did not "exist" and its hard to suspend belief.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Kind of. The Avatar aliens are controlled by the humans (Sam Worthington in this case, the guy from Terminator Salvation). I saw a 15 minute preview of this in 3-D last friday and thought the 3-D looked amazing, I thought the CG was pretty rubbery. I don't know what it is, it was super detailed (you could see veins and skin texture on the aliens and creatures) but the damn aliens look too cartoony or something.

I've been hearing about this from the film geek community for about 2 years now, and how it was going to revolutionize the film industry but I've seen nothing to prove that thus far. I'll withhold judgment until after I see it of course, but I'm not drooling to see it like some of my friends. The best CG to this date I've seen, ironically, was the T-Rex in the first Jurassic Park almost 15 years. The reason that worked is because they combined CG, models, and puppets and it really gave the T-Rex some weight. All the stuff I saw in Avatar was pretty, but you could tell it did not "exist" and its hard to suspend belief.
    That's what I thought just from the preview. . .it just seemed like a cartoon.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

The story from what I've seen on the internet doesn't seem very intriguing either.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information