Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: King's Blackhawk's thread

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Ducks pushed the Blackhawks around for 3 periods the other night, The Blackhawks finally had enough and were stick checking and reaching by mid-3rd and lost the lead and the game... I think I will stick to my previous view.
    How did they push us around when we ran the entire second and most of the third quarter. The rookie kicking the puck in and Kane's missed knock in is what lost us the game.

When we have Hossa and Sharpe they won't be able to play us like that. For starters, Hossa is a beast and two Sharpe provides another skilled skater that they can't deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How did they push us around when we ran the entire second and most of the third quarter. The rookie kicking the puck in and Kane's missed knock in is what lost us the game.

When we have Hossa and Sharpe they won't be able to play us like that. For starters, Hossa is a beast and two Sharpe provides another skilled skater that they can't deal with.
    do you watch the games or just the highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

do you watch the games or just the highlights?
    I watch the entire game. I've missed about three or four because of school. I am willing to bet that we both think that the other is exaggerating to prove a point.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I watch the entire game. I've missed about three or four because of school. I am willing to bet that we both think that the other is exaggerating to prove a point.
    I didnt watch last nights game, first one I've missed this season. I was keeping track of the score and it seemed close the whole time but from what they are saying on the radio, the 'hawks looked like they were running around quite a bit. I just dont think they can play with the big boys like Anaheim, LA and Boston. This is the same exact team as last season that stayed away from any physicality. They want to be a puck control team which means they have to be able to take hits, I admit they are taking hits this season and not trying to shy away from them like last season but it takes too big a toll on them and by the third period they lose their steam and end up losing the game in the third. You have to be able to not only take hits but dish them out as well and this team just doesnt really like to hit except for maybe 2 or 3 players.

I don't see them going far in the playoffs, especially if they meet up with LA, Anaheim or Vancouver in early.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

It comes down to health. The team is at its best when it fields a ton of relentless skaters who can score. The first chunk of the season we 'barely' got hit when we could keep throwing out Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharpe. That was when we get more scoring from our tertiary players. I understand your point about hitting, but at the same time when we're getting tired out from being hit, it effects the other team to.

Last night's game was frustrating to watch. After the first goal the hawks spanked the damn Kings. We just missed a bunch of 'easy' goals. When we gave up that goal with 0.05 seconds left shook my head.

As far as I understand hockey, anyone can beat anyone. The King were a really low seed last season and look what they did. Anaheim is our biggest threat, and we're .500 against them, in a whopping two games. Boston will be tough, but I've seen that team. They're not half as fast as us. Speed can kill.

It comes down to health. The team is at its best when it fields a ton of relentless skaters who can score. The first chunk of the season we 'barely' got hit when we could keep throwing out Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharpe. That was when we get more scoring from our tertiary players. I understand your point about hitting, but at the same time when we're getting tired out from being hit, it effects the other team to.

Last night's game was frustrating to watch. After the first goal the hawks spanked the damn Kings. We just missed a bunch of 'easy' goals. When we gave up that goal with 0.05 seconds left shook my head.

As far as I understand hockey, anyone can beat anyone. The King were a really low seed last season and look what they did. Anaheim is our biggest threat, and we're .500 against them, in a whopping two games. Boston will be tough, but I've seen that team. They're not half as fast as us. Speed can kill.
    well the problem with that is the playoffs are different than regular season, you actually take much more punishment in the playoffs, the physical play ramps up. LA is a team built for the playoffs, big strong phyical players that can forecheck and defend very well and they have one of the best coaches for that type of team. Anaheim is a little different in that its main line is the more physical line and the 2nd and 3rd lines are actually faster. I don't know if you watched the Anaheim game but the 'hawks defense lost track of Cogliano a few times and gave up breaks. Chicago had that kind of grit the year they won the cup with guys like Eager, Byfuglien, Burrish, Brouwer, Madden, Bickell and Fraser. Now they have Bickell and Shaw (who is too small for that game). They have Bollig and Carcillo too, but they dont play much. Heck Carcillo was dressed the other night and only played 3 minutes, so they double shifted Kane all game until he had nothing left.

The Blackhawks need a 2nd line center bad, I love Sharp but he is better served as a winger. Theres all kinds of talk that they are going after Iginla which I think is a a mistake. They need his grit but they definitely don't need a RW, nor do they need to give up depth in order to get him.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

This game really represents my point about how the teams that do the hitting take a toll, too. When you send so many big guys out there to skate against one of the fastest teams in the league, they tire out. Especially when you have young guys like we do who hit back. Are the Hawks always going to be able to play through that much abuse? No. But big physical teams pay a cost for their play as well. The Hawks are a top flight team, no one should want to play them.

This game really represents my point about how the teams that do the hitting take a toll, too. When you send so many big guys out there to skate against one of the fastest teams in the league, they tire out. Especially when you have young guys like we do who hit back. Are the Hawks always going to be able to play through that much abuse? No. But big physical teams pay a cost for their play as well. The Hawks are a top flight team, no one should want to play them.
    well you used the wrong game as an example because yesterday was one of the first games that the 'hawks actually hit back, both teams were playing very physical in the 1st period. What did the 'hawks do during the 1st period scoring wise? nothing.
    Then the game changed in the 2nd, St Louis stopped playing that game and the blackhawks started getting chances off the boards and into the slot. If you think I am making this up go back and watch it, even the commentators during the game and during the intermissions stated it at least 10 times.

They still had the better period, Weazel. Also this wasn't the first game that the Hawks hit back. I'll cite the Columbus Games and the Red Wing games. The Blues stopped trying to be as aggressive with checking when it dawned on them that they had no way to score playing that game. They couldn't keep it up and have any real shot at scoring.

I'm going to miss the game tonight King... first one this season.

I'm going to miss the game tonight King... first one this season.
    I've missed like four, man. I hate it.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 oneoneoneone!!11oneone!

hate that we have to wait til Friday for the next game...

hate that we have to wait til Friday for the next game...
    I ******* know man! Man we outhit them too!

I ******* know man! Man we outhit them too!
    Honestly the team I dont want to see is St Louis, they are relentless.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information