Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NTL's Fantasy Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Default NTL's Fantasy Draft

Hey guys, I need help. Drafting in a league I've been in the last 4 years. Last year I did terrible, primarily because I quit sending up lineups after the first week of July when my son was born. . .just not enough time.

Anyways, I want to have a kick-ass draft this year, and I'm picking first, but no time to research.

Who should be my #1 pick? MO, Coach, and all you other baseball freaks, help me out. These other gusy are full-on baseball nerds, and they're talking trash. I need a good draft.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Hey guys, I need help. Drafting in a league I've been in the last 4 years. Last year I did terrible, primarily because I quit sending up lineups after the first week of July when my son was born. . .just not enough time.

Anyways, I want to have a kick-ass draft this year, and I'm picking first, but no time to research.

Who should be my #1 pick? MO, Coach, and all you other baseball freaks, help me out. These other gusy are full-on baseball nerds, and they're talking trash. I need a good draft.
    Do you have the #1 overall pick?

3. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'd go with Trout or Braun over Cabrera because of the added stolen bases.

My advice in general is to load up on power early in the draft because once its gone its gone.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'd personally go with Cabrera or Braun first. There is always the chance for a bit of a sophomore slump for Trout and I'm just not sure he's going to be a consistent 30 HR guy. Pujols or Hamilton would also be good calls, but I guess if I had a gun to my head to pick one...it would be MCab

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'd personally go with Cabrera or Braun first. There is always the chance for a bit of a sophomore slump for Trout and I'm just not sure he's going to be a consistent 30 HR guy. Pujols or Hamilton would also be good calls, but I guess if I had a gun to my head to pick one...it would be MCab
    You really can't go wrong with Cabrera... I feel like he's the safest pick of the three - Braun has higher injury risk and Trout only has a one year track record. But I feel like Trout's upside is unmatched.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You really can't go wrong with Cabrera... I feel like he's the safest pick of the three - Braun has higher injury risk and Trout only has a one year track record. But I feel like Trout's upside is unmatched.
    Cant argue with that. My only concern with Braun is the new allegations of his PED use. Might be nothing...might be something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I was planning to go Trout. . .with the understanding that I'm gambling on him not having a sophomore slump. How big of a gamble am I making?

You guys thing Cabrera is the better pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I was planning to go Trout. . .with the understanding that I'm gambling on him not having a sophomore slump. How big of a gamble am I making?

You guys thing Cabrera is the better pick?
    I think a little bit of a regression by Trout is inevitable. But he will fill up the stat sheet every night somehow - whether its runs or hits or stolen bases. He is a rare talent who isn't going to fall off the map.

Cabrera is like Adrian Peterson in fantasy football - steady, reliable, going to put up Top 10 numbers. You really can't go wrong with his consistent average, power and RBIs.

I'm actually kind of glad I don't have to try and decide between the two since I'm in a keeper league (although that'd be a good problem to have).

The case for Cabrera is that you can find speed elsewhere, but finding his combination of power and batting average you can't. The case for Trout is that he might put up similar power and average numbers, in which case you're getting all that speed as a bonus.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I could be wrong, but I see Trout putting up no more than 25 homers this year. He'll still have a good season, but MCab is the safest pick. That's where I would go. Hard to say no to a perennial Triple Crown candidate.

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Okay.

I'll go Cabrera. We're doing an off-line, email draft, so I'll need help again when it comes back around to me later today, or possibly tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think Cabrera is the better pick.

Which means that you should do the opposite!

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think Cabrera is the better pick.

Which means that you should do the opposite!
    Damn it! I just sent in Cabrera!

If it makes you feel better, we did an online draft last night, and it got screwed up, so we're doing it over again via e-mail. I picked Trout last night. . .So, I was glad for the opportunity to go against my less-safe, risky pick.

Adopted Bronco:

You'll be fine with MCab. Let us know what it looks like in round 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Cabrera has the track record.

NTL, what are the stat categories?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

NTl, I always like to go with the best player available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

23. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information