Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2013

Default Mlb 2013

Thought I would start a thread and see what people's thoughts are on the upcoming season...

Did the Jays do enough to look like they can lead the AL East? Dickey announced as opening day starter... already

Is Texas going to bring up Profar this season?

Is Oakland or Baltimore going to come anywhere close to what they did last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Thought I would start a thread and see what people's thoughts are on the upcoming season...

Did the Jays do enough to look like they can lead the AL East? Dickey announced as opening day starter... already

Is Texas going to bring up Profar this season?

Is Oakland or Baltimore going to come anywhere close to what they did last season?
    A little early for predictions, but just to answer your listed questions...

The Jays have as good of a chance as anyone to lead the AL East this year. I wonder how Reyes lasts playing on turf and if Johnson rebounds and Dickey holds up.

I can pretty much guarantee Profar will be on the roster this year.

Oakland and Baltimore have a chance if they can build on what helped them in their late season surges. neither team added anything amazing, but both teams have a knack for getting the most out of their talent. If their young players continue to improve, the best additions they'll have made are the ones they didnt need to make.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The AL East is going to be interesting this year, because Toronto and Baltimore made more moves than New York and Boston.
    The Rays traded away Shields, but that pitching staff is still darn good, but they need something more than just Longoria. Myers is ready for the show and he's a stud, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Honestly, Toronto might be the favorite right now. They look solid on paper, and if Dickey can remain a solid pitcher and Josh Johnson can return to ace stuff, they are going to be formidable.

Not sure on Profar, Coach would know. I think Baltimore competes, not so sure about Oakland.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The AL East is going to be interesting this year, because Toronto and Baltimore made more moves than New York and Boston.
    The Rays traded away Shields, but that pitching staff is still darn good, but they need something more than just Longoria. Myers is ready for the show and he's a stud, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Honestly, Toronto might be the favorite right now. They look solid on paper, and if Dickey can remain a solid pitcher and Josh Johnson can return to ace stuff, they are going to be formidable.

Not sure on Profar, Coach would know. I think Baltimore competes, not so sure about Oakland.
    Worst case with Profar is they wait a few weeks to bring him up so his arbitration status gets delayed an extra year. But I think they have to bring him up eventually since they struck out on all the other FA targets.

TB has tons of pitching. Moore will be better and they still have a few MiL players that could make the jump. Myers will be a nice addition if he can come close to his MiL numbers.

Baltimore didnt make many moves, but the ones they did could be interesting. A full year of a rejuvenated McLouth. Hoping Jurrjens returns to 2011 form. Full year of Machado. Could be intersting or it could be disaster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Worst case with Profar is they wait a few weeks to bring him up so his arbitration status gets delayed an extra year. But I think they have to bring him up eventually since they struck out on all the other FA targets.

TB has tons of pitching. Moore will be better and they still have a few MiL players that could make the jump. Myers will be a nice addition if he can come close to his MiL numbers.

Baltimore didnt make many moves, but the ones they did could be interesting. A full year of a rejuvenated McLouth. Hoping Jurrjens returns to 2011 form. Full year of Machado. Could be intersting or it could be disaster.
    What happens to Andrus?

I guess I thought Baltimore made a few minor moves, maybe they were just rumors I saw.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Lets go braves

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I am all in with the Rockies. I heard Walt Weiss on the radio today and he got me pumped up.

FWIW, Walt likes to roll with hot men. I mean, how can you not love that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am all in with the Rockies. I heard Walt Weiss on the radio today and he got me pumped up.

FWIW, Walt likes to roll with hot men. I mean, how can you not love that?
    I hope Pacheco breaks out. They need that and they need the big two to stay healthy for once. And Fowler to actually be a leadoff hitter.

And hopefully the pitching can stay healthy.

That's a lot of "hopes" and not a lot of certainties...

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

For the past 10 years people here in the northeast have been saying "watch out for Toronto." And every year the Blue Jays disapoint.

I think Toronto will become last year's Marlins.

13. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I hope Pacheco breaks out. They need that and they need the big two to stay healthy for once. And Fowler to actually be a leadoff hitter.

Yeah, they are going to need a lot of players to have career years just to be competitive.

Stranger things have happened, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Day off (sort of), wanted to watch some MLB Network...First 12 minutes of their Hot Stove show has been spent talking about Ryan Braun's name mentioned in a Yahoo article yesterday.

Stupid PEDs. Talk baseball dammit.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

What happens to Andrus?

I guess I thought Baltimore made a few minor moves, maybe they were just rumors I saw.
    Andrus is still in the mix for now. But they havent talked extension and it's pretty much expected that he walks as a FA. They are supposedly looking at moving Kinsler to 1B or LF to make room for Profar and Kinsler was originally open to the idea, but changed his mind. Personally...I would have taught Profar how to play CF in the minors and winter ball, but Daniels and Ryan dont look far enough ahead. Now they have an infield logjam with a contract they cant move in Kinsler, 2 prospects they wont move in Olt and Profar, and 2 guys they dont want to move in Beltre and Andrus. Then there is Moreland that seems to be the odd man out

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Pacheco can break out all day long...he still cant play defense unfortunately. Future first baseman

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Andrus is still in the mix for now. But they havent talked extension and it's pretty much expected that he walks as a FA. They are supposedly looking at moving Kinsler to 1B or LF to make room for Profar and Kinsler was originally open to the idea, but changed his mind. Personally...I would have taught Profar how to play CF in the minors and winter ball, but Daniels and Ryan dont look far enough ahead. Now they have an infield logjam with a contract they cant move in Kinsler, 2 prospects they wont move in Olt and Profar, and 2 guys they dont want to move in Beltre and Andrus. Then there is Moreland that seems to be the odd man out
    Trying to think of who could use a rent-a-shortstop...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pacheco can break out all day long...he still cant play defense unfortunately. Future first baseman
    I think that's perfectly OK. The Rockies have an upcoming opening at the position.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information