Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Results 1,066 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: Mlb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I dislike any large person who doesn't eat meat. Coward.
    He eats meat. Plenty of it. He was only a veggie for 3 months.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The Tigers were correct to get out from under Fielder's contract - especially with Miggy getting older. But I think his demise has been overstated. He will be a force in TX.
    All those doubles in Detroit will be bombs in Texas. But I still foresee a serious decline in 2 years max.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    All those doubles in Detroit will be bombs in Texas. But I still foresee a serious decline in 2 years max.
    Yeah, the end of that contract will be an albatross - but I don't think he just continues on a downward trend like he has been.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, the end of that contract will be an albatross - but I don't think he just continues on a downward trend like he has been.
    No. I think this past year wasnt a great one and that he'll rebound and could get 40 this year...but in a year or two, I can see the downward trend begin

Orioles looking to trade closer Jim Johnson as he might get as high as 10 ml in arbitration.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Orioles looking to trade closer Jim Johnson as he might get as high as 10 ml in arbitration.
    If they find a taker, they'll most likely have to pay a portion fo teh salary. The FA market is loaded with closers this year and even with 101 saves in the last 2 years, Johnson doesnt rate out as a top 10 closer yet. Probably should have dealt him last year, but...the O's have a tendency of hanging on to a player one year too long.

Hardy is a good trade ship for them this year...but they'll wait til next year and get nothing in return.

I hate the Yankee's - always have, always will...

...but, good move by getting rid of Cano.

...cause you know they're going to get some stellar pitching for all that money they're not spending on him.

Hmmmmm...manage talent and spend money?

I wonder if that has something to do with winning championships there Dealin' Dan and Monfort?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    I hate the Yankee's - always have, always will...

...but, good move by getting rid of Cano.

...cause you know they're going to get some stellar pitching for all that money they're not spending on him.

Hmmmmm...manage talent and spend money?

I wonder if that has something to do with winning championships there Dealin' Dan and Monfort?

...and then the Yankees go out and promptly sign Beltran tonight proving I have no idea what I'm talking about...

9. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, they let go of a guy who's never missed more than 3 games in a season in his career, hits .309/.355/.504/.860, and replace him with three injury-riddled players who are 30, 30 and 36?

I don't think that's all that smart. Sure, money-wise they don't buy into the 10-year contract, but they are getting lesser hitters who are the same age and historically don't finish seasons because of injury.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, they let go of a guy who's never missed more than 3 games in a season in his career, hits .309/.355/.504/.860, and replace him with three injury-riddled players who are 30, 30 and 36?

I don't think that's all that smart. Sure, money-wise they don't buy into the 10-year contract, but they are getting lesser hitters who are the same age and historically don't finish seasons because of injury.
    They need to get younger and go out and sign a 37 yr old outfielder to a 3 yr contract.

Adopted Bronco:

The only thing the rest of us can hope for is MLB looks to Institute a hard cap un the wake of the Yankees fantasy draft and the other large market teams freely making improvements no one else can afford. At some point the other 25 teams take a hit in attendance due to an inability to compete. This shit is just out of control

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

They are paying for a lot of age and injuries, but the spending is insane. Beltran goes down...Ichiro is on the bench. Ellsbury goes down...Soriano fills in. From a talent standpoint, they can afford the injuries

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information