Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2013

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Trying to think of who could use a rent-a-shortstop...
    Problem is what Texas will want for him in a deal. Best as I can tell, they still think they have a chance to keep both, but I just dont see how. Unless they can move Kinsler or convince him to learn 1B.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's the Yahoo report from Yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-br...nlwYWdl;_ylv=3

Three of the Biogenesis clinic records obtained by Yahoo! Sports show Braun's name. Unlike the players named by the Miami New Times in its report that blew open the Biogenesis case, Braun's name is not listed next to any specific PEDs. Braun said his attorneys retained the clinic's operator, Anthony Bosch, as a consultant during his appeal for the positive test.

"I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch," Braun said. "I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."

In a statement released to Yahoo! Sports, David Cornwell, a former attorney for Braun, said: "I found Bosch's value to be negligible."
    And yet Hot Stove has spent a half hour talking about it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Problem is what Texas will want for him in a deal. Best as I can tell, they still think they have a chance to keep both, but I just dont see how. Unless they can move Kinsler or convince him to learn 1B.
    High end pitching prospect would be my guess for an asking price?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

I think that's perfectly OK. The Rockies have an upcoming opening at the position.
    That and they have Arrenado in the minors to fill 3B. Although he took a serious step backwards last year. I think Story and Dahl actually jumped ahead of him in the Rockies top 10 prospects rankings

Adopted Bronco:

High end pitching prospect would be my guess for an asking price?
    You willing to give up a Bundy, Cole, Fernandez, Wheeler type for one year of a decent hitting, strong defensive shortstop?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That and they have Arrenado in the minors to fill 3B. Although he took a serious step backwards last year. I think Story and Dahl actually jumped ahead of him in the Rockies top 10 prospects rankings
    Keith Law didn't even put Arrenado in his top 100. Dahl and Story are both there, so he obviously agrees with you. I haven't looked at Baseball America, have they released any rankings yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You willing to give up a Bundy, Cole, Fernandez, Wheeler type for one year of a decent hitting, strong defensive shortstop?
    Not really...but if someone gets desparate in a playofff race, and Texas gets anxious to get something for him instead of getting a Type A draft comp, then I could see it happening in June or July.

Adopted Bronco:

Keith Law didn't even put Arrenado in his top 100. Dahl and Story are both there, so he obviously agrees with you. I haven't looked at Baseball America, have they released any rankings yet?
    Not the last I looked, but MLB has theirs up. They have Arrenado as the #4 3B. They'll have the Rox top 20 prospects up on Friday

Adopted Bronco:

Not really...but if someone gets desparate in a playofff race, and Texas gets anxious to get something for him instead of getting a Type A draft comp, then I could see it happening in June or July.
    I could see him maybe being moved...I just dont see anyone giving up a top 20 pitching prospect for him. Not unless Texas added another player

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not the last I looked, but MLB has theirs up. They have Arrenado as the #4 3B. They'll have the Rox top 20 prospects up on Friday
    I think Law should have his NL Top 10s out today or tomorrow. The ALs came out yesterday and his Top 100 came out Monday...it's baseball season...

I just don't know how the Rangers could bring Profar up with Andrus there, and Kinsler blocking him (and being a potential malcontent) at second base.

Adopted Bronco:

I think Law should have his NL Top 10s out today or tomorrow. The ALs came out yesterday and his Top 100 came out Monday...it's baseball season...

I just don't know how the Rangers could bring Profar up with Andrus there, and Kinsler blocking him (and being a potential malcontent) at second base.
    I'm still amazed that everyone has Profar as the #1 prospect...period. I mean, what can he realistically project to as a starter? I'm thinking .280/15/75. Maybe an 800 OPS. To me, that just isnt #1 overall prospect material. Having Bundy or Taveras #1 makes more sense. Those two look like they'll be perennial studs.

That being said, I think Texas will almost be forced to bring Profar up. They struck out in FA and have question marks in the outfield. If they had taught Profar to play CF, this wouldnt be an issue. Now they have a logjam in the infield and Cruz, Murphy and Gentry in the outfield. Sometimes I wonder if Ryan is really good for that team

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm still amazed that everyone has Profar as the #1 prospect...period. I mean, what can he realistically project to as a starter? I'm thinking .280/15/75. Maybe an 800 OPS. To me, that just isnt #1 overall prospect material. Having Bundy or Taveras #1 makes more sense. Those two look like they'll be perennial studs.

That being said, I think Texas will almost be forced to bring Profar up. They struck out in FA and have question marks in the outfield. If they had taught Profar to play CF, this wouldnt be an issue. Now they have a logjam in the infield and Cruz, Murphy and Gentry in the outfield. Sometimes I wonder if Ryan is really good for that team
    It seems to be a bit of a hype machine with Profar. His best slash line was .286/.390/.493 in a full season at high A with 12 homers. That said, he had 37 doubles that season. He could be a solid No. 2 hitter for a number of years. Is his defense all-star level?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I hope Pacheco breaks out. They need that and they need the big two to stay healthy for once. And Fowler to actually be a leadoff hitter.

And hopefully the pitching can stay healthy.

That's a lot of "hopes" and not a lot of certainties...
    I hope that Hererra doesn't start a single game this season.

Adopted Bronco:

It seems to be a bit of a hype machine with Profar. His best slash line was .286/.390/.493 in a full season at high A with 12 homers. That said, he had 37 doubles that season. He could be a solid No. 2 hitter for a number of years. Is his defense all-star level?
    Career .953 at SS.

I agree. Move him to CF and bat him #2. Not sure he'll ever be an All-Star, but who knows.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Career .953 at SS.

I agree. Move him to CF and bat him #2. Not sure he'll ever be an All-Star, but who knows.
    I agree. Move him to Safety.

(So sorry, couldn't resist the temptation).

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information