Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: House of Cards on Netflix

Default House of Cards on Netflix

So, I kept seeing the ad for House of Cards for weeks and weeks on Netflix. Finally one day I decided to watch the 1st episode because I like Kevin Spacey. Needless to say 1 episode turned into 12 straight over the weekend. Now i'm hooked on this show and dont want it to end.

Viewer addiction to new Kevin Spacey drama series

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/techn...#ixzz2K3gvv2q9

Anyhow, who's seen it? Do you like it??
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love it too. I think I'm seven episodes in. It only came out Friday.

Wondering how long we'll have to wait for a second season, though. It's an interesting concept, releasing the whole season, almost like straight to DVD. But it's the best Political tv-style drama I've seen.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

thanks guys, I will watch

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I love that they released all the episodes at once. It's like a 13 hour long movie.

This series is one of a kind. It's a little dark but not over the top nor do they try too hard. All of the acting is great and I love how the directors have Kevin Spacey break away and talk to the viewers. It's like how The Office does but it's still differant in it's own way.

You will get hooked....almost done with the series now.

Somebody sell me on this....im curious but any comparison to the office (which sucks ass, and yeah go **** yourselves im telling u that show blows/blew) scares me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

I need to give it another try. I watched the first two or three episodes when it first aired (last year or the year before), but then for some reason stopped watching it.

Recently, I started watching Burn Notice on Netflix and over the holidays we watched 2 1/2 seasons. When Burn first aired, we watch a 2 or 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. Weird how that works -- or, maybe the wife and I are just weird.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I need to give it another try. I watched the first two or three episodes when it first aired (last year or the year before), but then for some reason stopped watching it.

Recently, I started watching Burn Notice on Netflix and over the holidays we watched 2 1/2 seasons. When Burn first aired, we watch a 2 or 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. Weird how that works -- or, maybe the wife and I are just weird.
    You must have watched the British version, because this was released Feb. 1. It's a Netflix original. They changed Francis Underwood to a Congressman from South Carolina, he's played by Kevin Spacey. Kate Mara plays a low-level journalist. Peter Russo is a Congressman from urban Philadelphia (not sure the actor).
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 02-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I think you would have to be weird to watch Burn Notice...
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Somebody sell me on this....im curious but any comparison to the office (which sucks ass, and yeah go **** yourselves im telling u that show blows/blew) scares me.
    This isn't even remotely like the office (the only comparison is that this was a BBC series before Netflix remade it around Washington). It's a politcal drama/thriller.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 02-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Alright. . .I've been waiting for another series to get hooked on. I'll check it out. .. although MO being a proponent has me scared.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Alright. . .I've been waiting for another series to get hooked on. I'll check it out. .. although MO being a proponent has me scared.
    Just watch it. It's freakin' Kevin Spacey playing an antagonist again...

You deffintely watched the British version as this just barely came out less than a week ago. It's amazing how the Americans can take an idea from other Countries and make it a hit show.

I would say just watch the pilot but I'm warning you now, it's going to be hard to stop watching. Most of the shows on cable are junk but imo, Netflix did an incredible job. Counting the days until the next season.

It's not like the Office, the whole concept is differant. I was ony referring to him talking to the audience.

Mo's right, it's more drama/thriller than anything. Alot of people get screwed over on his way to the top.

This is more what I was referring to...

some people cant comprehend comedy unless it's juvenile and slaps you across the face like the crap they call funny on SNL... so yeah I guess not everyone would enjoy The Office

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information