Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Orton learns to develop thick skin

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He almost made it. Between the 20's we are a championship team. In the redzone we are the Bad News Bears.

pretty much. . . i said i wanted to see him show something more than he did last week, and i'm actually pretty satisfied that he did that. . . he's never going to get confused with drew brees or dan marino, but he did show some flashes of looking like a legit NFL QB out there tonight. . . i really think it's the superb pass blocking and array of weapons more than anything, but the truth is we really don't need him to be elway and carry the team on his back with all the talent we've put around him (especially if we keep marshall). . .

he really has fallen apart in the red zone to this point, though. . . that's something that HAS to change if we're going to be competitive. . . of course, it wouldn't hurt if we had a playcaller that was amenable to pounding it between the tackles with our 250 pound horse of a RB when we get down there, either, instead of trying to be cute lining up in the ****ing shotgun. . . a lot of the most ardent mcdaniels defenders have been telling us how he's going to put a team on the field that's so much more physical, and if that's honestly the case i'd like to see it reflected by some power running in the red zone instead of finesse and the spread offense. . . let's put dan graham next to clady and punch 'em in the mouth-- let's impose our will. . . . orton can't throw left-handed interceptions if he doesn't have the ball!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    orton can't throw left-handed interceptions if he doesn't have the ball!

You're just begging for a lefty hand-off...
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information