Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2013 Targets

Default Broncos 2013 Targets

Players that might get targeted by the Broncos

Default Broncos Possible 2013 Free Agency Signings and Draft

The Denver Broncos will be Super Bowl contenders in 2013. The team looks pretty good heading into next season but there's some free agents that can help and definitely be the missing pieces for the Broncos to make a deep run.. Here are some possible options that i think can be great additions to our club...

DT - Randy Starks, Glenn Dorsey
    MLB - Rey Maualuga,
    RB - Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush
    WR - Mike Wallace
    CB - Darrelle Revis ( Via Trade )

Draft
    DT - John Jenkins
    MLB - Kevin Minter, Manti Te'o, Jon Bostic
    S - Matt Elam, Eric Reid
    RB - Montee Ball

This name might not make sense but if he enters the draft, it has sleeper potential ala Vontaze Burfict..
    CB - Tyrann Mathieu ( Honey Badger)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Matheu entered the draft, if Denver had multiple 7th round picks he might be an option. He's not the kind of talent you take an early chance on, he's 5-8 and has NB skillset, he's a 2nd-3rd round prospect without the issues with hippie lettuce.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Other than Starks Dorsey the guys you have down are free agents at high pay scale and so far Denver m.o. has been to go afte the middle teir guys.

I have no problem with your picks other Mathieu. Now if for some reason Denver did sign Maualuga I doubt they would draft a middle linebacker at least not early. All of the guys you've listed IIRC are seen early round prospects. Again I don't have problem with who you put down. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver takes a running back early in the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There aren't any prizes here for # of threads started...

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    There aren't any prizes here for # of threads started...
    It adds to his post count.

Adopted Bronco:

McGahee, Moreno and Hillman are on the roster for next year. They serviced us quite well and I really dont see Denver releasing any of them. Therefore...I doubt any big name or high pick back will be brought in this off-season. When Manning is your QB, a top tier RB is not a necessity.

With the growth of Thomas and Decker, there is simply no need for Wallace. Yes, we need a playmaker in the slot that can create a pass play longer than 7 yards, but I dont see that coming in the form of a multi-million dollar receiver...especially with Decker and Thomas contracts coming up soon.

I dont think Maualuga is the type of MLB that anyone seeks out as their starter. He can be solid at times, but I think the consensus would be to develop someone else. I dont see anyone getting into a bidding war over Rey and that tells me all I need to know about his services.

Revis could happen, but if it does, then it could cost a 1st round pick. If that happens, the majority of the draft picks on this list are eliminated as they are all mostly late 1st/early 2nd rounds projections. Ball may be there later, but as I said earlier...I dont think RB is a big priority for the team right now. Bostic could be there and if we walked away with Darelle Revis as our 1st orund pick and Bostic as the 2nd...I'd be pretty happy. Sadly, I just dont see it playing out that way

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Dashon Goldson
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Dashon Goldson
    http://deadspin.com/5977531/heres-a-...ive-television

13. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

mods, please delete newb dupe thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Denver does not take chances on character risks, only injury risks. Elway wants to draft team captains, leaders, and overall winners. Mathieu was at one point that type of player but off the field incidents put a black eye on that reputation. Zero character risks have been taken so far and I don't see that changing now.

Dorsey will want a contract slightly under the one Melton is going to sign. I believe he has what it takes to be a top-flight 4-3 DT and his lack of production/motivation has been a product of the scheme. If we make one big splash this offseason, I think it should be on Dorsey. He's played in our division, we know him, he knows us.

No on Rey Maualuga for the same reason Joe Mays is going to be cut; every player we put on the field needs to be a 3 down player. Against the bad teams in our division, rotating LBs/DLine is fine. But against the no-huddle teams like the Ravens and Patriots it's basically playing with 10 men on the field. No more. We need a guy who can do it all.

I do want Revis badly but I suspect it isn't going to happen. For the $15 million we would have to pay him annually we can add another offensive weapon, shore up the DLine, and re-sign Clady to a comfortable deal. We'd probably be fine with the cap for 2 more years but if Manning doesn't retire, by year 4 we will be in salary cap hell and faced with difficult decisions trying to re-sign Von Miller and making him the highest paid defender in NFL history. Trading for Revis screws us long term. I will be ecstatic if we can get him, but if not, our scouts will find us a blue-chipper by taking the best player they have on the board as they have done for the past 3 years.

Reggie Bush would make an exciting addition as a returner and as someone to play the Darren Sproles role in our offense. This would be the best offensive line he has played behind in his entire career and his skillset would allow us to do so much. Steven Jackson would be an awesome #1 back in our offense, but I don't see it being a priority for us to budget for a #1 back when we rarely run i-formation looks. Reggie Bush is a much better fit of the two.

Wallace will be too expensive. If we're going to shell out that cash, I want a real, bonafide #1: Dwayne Bowe. Greg Jennings is the best value of the 3, but Bowe is an All-Pro player if he is put in the right environment.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

yes, lets squash his enthusiasm and pummel him with hostility.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

18. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

k guy so here my mock sighning:
    we gonna sign
    jake long(kuper will make better backup after we move franklin 2 guard)
    dwayne bowe
    mike wallace
    greg jennings(he will make great #5 receiver behind dt decker wallace and bowe)
    henry melton
    glenn dorsey
    brandon albert(beadles will make better backup when we sign him and move 2 guard)
    trade 4 revis
    sign cory williams 2 b backup
    ed reed
    dashon goldson
    steven jackson(cut mcgahee)
    reggie bush(cut ronnie hillman)
    wes welker(just so patriots wont have him)
    cliff avril
    osi umenyora(we can add sum real pass rush next year and b unstoppable)
    brian urlacher (so he can get ring)
    aqib talib(bailey gettin old lol)
    jairus byrd too

i think if front office doesnt sign all of thees guy elway need 2 b fire cause when i was gm in madden i got all these guy by turning salary cap off so y dont elway do same thing 2 stop rest of nfl from getting them? bronco will score 100 point a game like me cause i play on rookie setting 2 make me feel good.
    #championchip

20. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Merged and moved to D&FA.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Wallace will be too expensive. If we're going to shell out that cash, I want a real, bonafide #1: Dwayne Bowe. Greg Jennings is the best value of the 3, but Bowe is an All-Pro player if he is put in the right environment.
    WHy would you want to shell out the cash for a WR that has shown a HUGE problem with dropping the ball? Why would you need/want to sign a #1 guy with the WRs we already have on the roster?? We need a true stud at slot more than we need to spend the money on a #1 guy like Bowe (who has shown to be MUCH MUCH more like a #2 guy despite having 'flashes' of great talent). I think people tried to tell me how much Lloyd was a #1 talent before, too.

Bowe could be a good addition for 3 WR sets, but I don't think he's better than the 2 guys we have starting, DESPITE the hype on his "talent." He's been BAD on the field. The fans here constantly want to complain about drops, and Bowe is the WORST at drops I've seen.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

23. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information