Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Signing Day

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2013 National Signing Day

I know this isn't a hot topic for some but would still love to hear about anyone who has some HS players their intertested in getting for the favorite college program. I know Coach seems pretty excited about the Aggies upcoming class, Nomad? db2007? Buff? MO? Northman? BTB? Anyone else been keeping up with the recruiting trails for LSU, Tennessee, MSU, Virginia, and Colorado? Anyone else? NSD is just a couple weeks away and there's till some big names out there who haven't made their decisions yet and probably won't till the first week in Feb. Some of these kids we'll see playing on Sundays in the future.

A couple of big names for South Carolina are 4* DT Keith Bryant. It's said he had a great visit with SC staff over the weekend, hung out with Clowney at the SC basketball game, and really liked new DL coack Deke Adams who was just hired on from UNC. He came away very impressed. His final 3 are South Carolina, Miami, and Florida St. with FSU most likely the favorite being he's a instate player from Delray Beach but he won't announce until signing day. My thinking it's FSU but i'm praying for a shocker announcement on NSD.

Also 4* DL Deadrin Serat who was committed to Florida St. but decommitted in May is heavily favoring the Gameocks over South Florida right now and has a visit scheduled with NC State. Nothing's in stone but it looks promising for SC.

4* LB propsect we're also in the mix for is LB Skai Moore. His final 2 are South Carolina and Rutgers and he visited Rutgers over the weekend and might visit Arkansas on the near future. This is a tough one to guage but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. LB is a huge position of need for us with our 2 starting LBs in Smith and Fordham graduating so playing time could play a huge role in getting Moore in here and he should see the feild plenty if he committs and being a huge talent.

There's a couple more names out there but these guys are the ones i'm really hoping for.

Any more recruitniks out there? Bueler?

2. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Skinny, I haven't had time lately to get on the puter to follow this. We close on our house Thursday and I've been getting my boys some throwing and swinging time in the cages. I need to look into it though, thanks for the reminder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Skinny, I haven't had time lately to get on the puter to follow this. We close on our house Thursday and I've been getting my boys some throwing and swinging time in the cages. I need to look into it though, thanks for the reminder.
    So far LSU is ranked #6 in the recruiting rankings and has a couple of 5* players and a half dozen in Rivals top 100...

#18 Tre'Davious White - DB - 5*
    #23 Frank Herron - DE - 5*
    #50 Ethan Pocic - OL - 4*
    #68 DeSean Smith - TE - 4*
    #73 Hayden Rettig - QB - 4*
    #92 Kendell Beckwith - ATH - 4*

...and are in line to get a few more really nice commits on NSD. LSU is loaded with 16 4* prospects.

5. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Interesting tidbit. Wonder how long this will last...

Some fear new NCAA rule eliminating limits on calls, texts to recruits could lead to chaos

Saturday, January 26, 2013
    by Matt Porter

This fall, college football recruiters will ask high school coaches for a top player's height, weight, 40-yard dash time, highlight film, transcripts and test scores.

Just to be sure, they'd also better find out what kind of cell phone plan he has.

That's because the NCAA has ushered in a new era of recruiting, eliminating limits on communication between coaches and players. On Jan. 19, the Division I Board of Directors, acknowledging that their current recruiting regulations are difficult to enforce, approved sweeping changes to their recruiting guidelines.

Beginning Aug. 1, college recruiters can make limitless calls, texts and other messages to recruits, with no dead or quiet periods. Football programs can hire entire support staffs dedicated to recruiting, and send out as many recruiters at one time as they'd like. There's nothing stopping them from sending an onslaught of recruiting material to a prospect's home.

Dwyer senior defensive end Malik Brown, who has verbally committed to Syracuse, is glad he'll be in college by then.

"I think it's BS, honestly," Brown said. "We're still kids. We're not businessmen who are on the phone 24-7. Having a coach call whenever he wants, it's going to get ridiculous."

The new regulations were borne out of the NCAA's wish to slim its overstuffed rulebook. In August 2011, a summit of Division I presidents concluded that the NCAA should focus on larger issues rather than penalizing schools for calling on the wrong day.

"The NCAA did it to even the playing field, just so they don't have to police people," Cardinal Newman coach Steve Walsh said. "It's just easier to loosen up the rules."

But the changes could push the bigger, wealthier schools to a different level entirely. Under the new rules, a top SEC school, with a big-budget athletic department and a TV contract, could conceivably hire a separate staff devoted solely to contacting and building relationships with recruits. A lower mid-major program might not have the funds for that.

"The schools that have the resources, they're going to have a coach flip his phone to some [graduate assistant] and say, 'Text these 50 recruits, every night,' " Walsh said.

The rules will only help powerhouses like Alabama maintain their elite status. With more deregulation possible, programs could get a head start on dominating the recruiting game.
    Rest: http://www.pbgametime.com/news/some-...-chaos/154594/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Looks like the country's #2 (ranked by Rivals) WR Marquez North will play his ball at Tennessee...

North Carolina is out of the Marquez North sweepstakes.

Jan. 30, 2013
    North, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound wide receiver from Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek, had been down to two finalists -- UNC and Tennessee. However, according to multiple sources, North canceled his in-home visit with Larry Fedora and Gunter Brewer, which was scheduled for Thursday, and informed the Tar Heels coaching staff that he is no longer considering UNC.

Tennessee’s potential for playing time has been a major attraction for North. The Volunteers have lost their top four receivers (Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Zach Rogers, and Mychal Rivera) from 2012 to either graduation or the NFL Draft.
    http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1262455.html

Sorry. I just saw the thread. Mainly because I was about to start it. Haha.

I'm excited to see who goes where today. Looking back at UT classes, every class has brought in NFL talent.

Hopefully none of the guys flip.

So far these guys are looking good for Tennessee:

Jalen Reeves-Maybin ATH/OLB
    Austin Sanders OL
    Jason Carr DL

And of course, more WRs:
    Paul Harris
    Ryan Jenkins
    Marquez North
    Josh Smith (could be another Zack Rogers)

It's really interesting to see years from now who emerged to be better than their 3 star rating and which 4/5 stars fade away.

9. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Sorry. I just saw the thread. Mainly because I was about to start it. Haha.

I'm excited to see who goes where today. Looking back at UT classes, every class has brought in NFL talent.

Hopefully none of the guys flip.

So far these guys are looking good for Tennessee:

Austin Sanders OL
    Jason Carr DL

And of course, more WRs:
    Paul Harris
    Ryan Jenkins
    Marquez North
    Josh Smith (could be another Zack Rogers)

It's really interesting to see years from now who emerged to be better than their 3 star rating and which 4/5 stars fade away.
    Jay Graham seems to be doing a solid job of recruiting at Rocky Top db. Graham was instrumental in getting North.

I saw Jabo Lee play a couple years ago in the Class 2A State Championship game here with my sted dad who's a Dillion High graduate where Dabo played and he's a really nice do-it-all type RB. Hopefully he can bounce back 100% from the injury. I always pull for the instate kids to do well no matter where they go...

Lee makes switch to Vols

By Phil Kornblut

Dillion RB Jabo Lee, a long time commitment to East Carolina, switched his pledge to Tennessee Monday night according to VolQuest.com. Lee had been committed to East Carolina since April. Tennessee running backs coach Jay Graham had recruited Lee when he was at USC. Lee missed much of last season with a knee injury. As a junior he had over 1900 all purpose yards and 29 touchdowns.

As for South Carolina, DT Keith Bryant (SC, FSU, Miami) and LB Skai Moore (SC, Rutgers, Vandy) are the two big names i'll be hoping for today. Deadrin Serat's a Bull (South Florida) so he's out. Bryants seems to be a bit of a head case, but he's got a ton of talent and ha sbeen compared a bit to Warren Sapp in that regard. Everybody's been 50/50 with him so i can't finally wait to see who he finally picks today. Any suprises after those two will be the cherry on top.

According to some twitter rumors we pulled LB Jonathan Walton out of Auburns back yard (Daphne, AL) and he'll sign with Spurrier today. He's good freinds with another Gamecock commit Mohamed Camara and mentioned "looks like ill be joining @MoCamara3 at our new home!!! #gamecocknation.". That would be nice get for us if it holds up. We need some LBs.

Not getting my hopes up too high, but very much looking forward to it at the same time. Going to be a interesting day.....

Early enrollments at UT:

Paul Harris WR
    Riyahd Jones DB
    Lemond Johnson ATH
    Corey Vereen LB

So Far..

Signees, in order of fax received:
    Aaron Branisel TE
    Marquez North WR
    Ryan Jenkins WR
    Riley Ferguson QB
    Josh Smith WR
    Malik Foreman ATH
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 02-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Jay Graham seems to be doing a solid job of recruiting at Rocky Top db. Graham was instrumental in getting North.

I saw Jabo Lee play a couple years ago in the Class 2A State Championship game here with my sted dad who's a Dillion High graduate where Dabo played and he's a really nice do-it-all type RB. Hopefully he can bounce back 100% from the injury. I always pull for the instate kids to do well no matter where they go...

I haven't seen a whole lot of Lee, but I get the feeling he can be one of those 3 star player who will overachieve.

That said, Jabo Lee is officially our 12th signee of this class.

Add two Offensive Linemen:

Dylan Wiesman and Austin Sanders.

Wiesman, along with TE Branisel were orginially committed to Jones at Cincinnati.

Jaylen Miller (DL) out of Gaffney, SC is a new one to me. He wasn't listed as a UT commit on any sites.

I saw Cameron Sutton listed as a WR on several sites. One had him as a DB, so does UT's official website.

5-star safety Vonn Bell will announce at 10am. Hoping he picks UT. God knows, we need a safety. Battling with some good teams.

Haven't seen it officially. QB Josh Dobbs may have flipped from Az St to Tennessee.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    5-star safety Vonn Bell will announce at 10am. Hoping he picks UT. God knows, we need a safety. Battling with some good teams.

Haven't seen it officially. QB Josh Dobbs may have flipped from Az St to Tennessee.
    Who has Bell as a 5 star? He's barely even one of the top 5 safeties in the class

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information