Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 National Signing Day

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Skinny. What do you think about QB Justin Worley? He's been at UT but still haven't gotten a look at him. Wasn't he SC Mr Football?
    I always liked him, a lot. I got to see him play a couple of times at the Sports-o-rama at Williams-Brice Stadium to kick off the HS football seasons and he was always impressive. A lot of Gameocock fans including myself wondered why Spurrier didn't recruit him more or harder. But i think it had more to do with Tennessee jumping on him early in the recruiting process and Worley favored them right from the beginning. Corderalle Patterson was on his same HS team and from what i can remember Spurriers staff were affraid his grades may not have been up to par to qualify so they never offered him as well. Huge mistake there eh? Why Patterson went the JUCO route. As well as we were already pretty stocked at WR with Jeffery, Gurley, D.L. Moore and Ace Sanders to name a few already in the fold and we were in much bigger need of offensive and defensive lineman. But early playing time was a biggy with Patterson so i don't think he gave us much thought either.

Clowney won Mr. Football South Carolina in 2010, Worley's and Jadeveon's Sr. year, while Worley won National Player of the Year that same year. He was a big time productive pro style QB at Rock Hill.

Very smart, tough, hard worker, poised, and with really good accuracy. High School football is covered here on the local radio every Sunday morning and the broadcasters raved about him often. He doesn't have Brays arm strength but it's not a noodle either. He can make all the throws i just wouldn't expect the down the feild air attack you were use to seeing under Bray. Worleys mechanics IMO are/were much better. He's not going to lose you a bunch of games due to bad decisions or poor technique, he's a natural pocket passer.

With the WR class you guys have coming in and Worley's ability, i wouldn't expect much of a drop off in the passing game just with the usual growing pains of young guys not playing much together. Worleys ability will make that transistion a lot smoother for the receivers IMO along with their ability. Though a lot of what he couldn't do when he first got there may have changed by now. He's been in Knoxville for a couple of years now. I think you guys got a real good one IMHO.

Is he penciled in as y'alls starter going into next season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Solid class for Spurriers staff. Now eye candy 5*s like Clowney but they were able to fill some much needed holes, especially at LB with some quality prospects like Bryant and Moore, as well as Walton who was a pleasant suprise.

The Signing Class

Ronnie Martin (early enrolee) CB 5-11 173
    Connor Mitch (early enrollee) QB 6-3 219
    D.J. Park (early enrollee) OL 6-4 335
    Devin Washington DL 6-3 225
    J.P. Vonashek OL 6-6 283
    Jasper Sasser S 6-0 192
    Jonathan Walton LB 6-0 234
    Kelsey Griffin DT 6-2 292
    Larenz Bryant LB 6-0 215
    Ali Groves CB 5-10 184
    Pharoh Cooper CB 5-11 194
    Alan Knott OL 6-4 272
    Mohamed Camara S 6-1 191
    Gerald Turner DE 6-2 256
    Na'Ty Rodgers OL 6-5 296
    Devan'te Covington DE 6-4 220
    Bryce King OL 6-3 281
    Jamari Smith RB 5-10 183
    David Johnson LB 6-1 268
    David Williams RB 6-1 200
    Skai Moore LB 6-2 205

Connor Mitch may have been the biggest get by Spurrier. He's the high profile, pro-style, gun slinging QB he's been looking for since he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    I always liked him, a lot. I got to see him play a couple of times at the Sports-o-rama at Williams-Brice Stadium to kick off the HS football seasons and he was always impressive. A lot of Gameocock fans including myself wondered why Spurrier didn't recruit him more or harder. But i think it had more to do with Tennessee jumping on him early in the recruiting process and Worley favored them right from the beginning. Corderalle Patterson was on his same HS team and from what i can remember Spurriers staff were affraid his grades may not have been up to par to qualify so they never offered him as well. Huge mistake there eh? Why Patterson went the JUCO route. As well as we were already pretty stocked at WR with Jeffery, Gurley, D.L. Moore and Ace Sanders to name a few already in the fold and we were in much bigger need of offensive and defensive lineman. But early playing time was a biggy with Patterson so i don't think he gave us much thought either.

Clowney won Mr. Football South Carolina in 2010, Worley's and Jadeveon's Sr. year, while Worley won National Player of the Year that same year. He was a big time productive pro style QB at Rock Hill.

Very smart, tough, hard worker, poised, and with really good accuracy. High School football is covered here on the local radio every Sunday morning and the broadcasters raved about him often. He doesn't have Brays arm strength but it's not a noodle either. He can make all the throws i just wouldn't expect the down the feild air attack you were use to seeing under Bray. Worleys mechanics IMO are/were much better. He's not going to lose you a bunch of games due to bad decisions or poor technique, he's a natural pocket passer.

With the WR class you guys have coming in and Worley's ability, i wouldn't expect much of a drop off in the passing game just with the usual growing pains of young guys not playing much together. Worleys ability will make that transistion a lot smoother for the receivers IMO along with their ability. Though a lot of what he couldn't do when he first got there may have changed by now. He's been in Knoxville for a couple of years now. I think you guys got a real good one IMHO.

Is he penciled in as y'alls starter going into next season?
    Right now it's an open competition, according to Jones. We have Justin Worley, Joshua Dobbs, Riley Ferguson, and Nathan Peterman. Dobbs and Ferguson are True Freshmen. Peterman is a RS freshman. Worley is a Junior. So I'd kind of like to see Worley get his shot. I feel bad for whoever misses out. One or two of these guys will probably transfer eventually.

Adopted Bronco:

Need proof the SEC will continue to dominate?

Texas A&M had the 8th ranked recruiting class in the nation...but only the the 5th best in the SEC

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Alex Collins finishes signing process

PLANTATION, Fla. -- ESPN 150 running back Alex Collins signed his national letter of intent with Arkansas on Thursday nearly 24 hours after he intended to, because his mother refused to sign the paperwork.

Decked out in camouflage overalls and flanked by his father, Johnny Collins, his aunt Loretta Collins and his grandmother Beverly Collins, Alex Collins (Plantation, Fla./South Plantation) signed the letter at Bokamper's sports bar.

Collins joked with his father and his best friend, John Franklin, showing no signs of stress from Wednesday's incident involving his mother, Andrea McDonald.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...mitment-letter

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Need proof the SEC will continue to dominate?

Texas A&M had the 8th ranked recruiting class in the nation...but only the the 5th best in the SEC
    Actually, no... But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Actually, no... But thanks anyway.
    Colorado did well. They're ahead of a lot of good teams and tied with Duke. Normally that wouldn't mean much, but Duke has a good staff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Colorado did well. They're ahead of a lot of good teams and tied with Duke. Normally that wouldn't mean much, but Duke has a good staff.
    You remember former Broncos WR Scottie Montgomery? Well he's leaving the Steelers to be the OC at Duke where he played. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    You remember former Broncos WR Scottie Montgomery? Well he's leaving the Steelers to be the OC at Duke where he played. Small world.
    Guys want to coach for David Cutcliffe.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thought this was pretty interesting...

Can USC pull Bobby Humphrey's son from Alabama?

February 08, 2013

Alabama football bloodlines run deep. Pulling a major talent legacy recruit away from the Crimson Tide is nearly impossible. But USC is giving it the old college try. According to a story by Jeff Sentell of AL.com, Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown called DB Marlon Humphrey of Hoover, AL on Signing Day. Alabama head coach Nick Saban also called Humphrey, the son of former Alabama star running back Bobby Humphrey. The report stated USC and Alabama are the two favorites of Humphrey in the early going of his recruiting. Humphrey said his relationship with Brown is a major reason he likes USC. Humphrey is a two time 6A all state selection. He's also a track standout. Southern Cal, Florida and Mississippi State are some of his other offers.
    As some may remember, Bobby Humphrey is a former Broncos RB.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information