Thread: MLB investigating region in PED war

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB investigating region in PED war

Major League Baseball is investigating multiple wellness clinics in South Florida, as well as individuals with potential ties to players, armed with the belief that the region stretching 50 miles south from Boca Raton to Miami is "ground zero" for performance-enhancing drugs still filtering into the game.

"Outside the Lines" has learned that MLB security officials have spent considerable time in South Florida since last summer, monitoring clinics believed to be linked to the sale of human growth hormone and testosterone to players. MLB officials hope law enforcement will subpoena clinic records to determine whether players received illegal and banned substances.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is working with MLB, which declined comment Saturday, but it is unclear whether subpoenas have already been issued, and sources close to the investigation said a direct link to players has yet to be found. The investigation is tedious because of the involvement of potentially multiple agencies, plus the fly-by-night nature of questionable clinics, which have been known to shut down and reopen under new names as a means of staying ahead of the law.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...d-zero-ped-war

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Obviously, this explains the success of the Marlins last year. Oh, wait...
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

What a Waste of time and money...chicks dig the long ball

4. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

This story is going to be explosive. We're already getting nuggets trickling out but I think the lengthy story will be published on Thursday.

Once again A-Rod's name leads the list, as his name is listed at least 16 times as the recipient of HGH and testosterone cream as recent as 2012.

Others on the list so far are Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, Washington pitcher Gio Gonzalez and Texas outfielder Nelson Cruz.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    This story is going to be explosive. We're already getting nuggets trickling out but I think the lengthy story will be published on Thursday.

Once again A-Rod's name leads the list, as his name is listed at least 16 times as the recipient of HGH and testosterone cream as recent as 2012.

Others on the list so far are Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, Washington pitcher Gio Gonzalez and Texas outfielder Nelson Cruz.
    Great.

Now I won't be able to just watch the sport I love without having to hear about HGH every five seconds.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Great.

Now I won't be able to just watch the sport I love without having to hear about HGH every five seconds.
    If it's confirmed A-Rod receive PED's as recently as 2012 is there anything the Yankees can do to get out of that contract? IMO, A-Rod breached that contract and misrepresented himself when he continued to take PED's even though he said he only took them for 2 year's back around 2003.

What do you think Mo? Do you think NYY could sue him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    If it's confirmed A-Rod receive PED's as recently as 2012 is there anything the Yankees can do to get out of that contract? IMO, A-Rod breached that contract and misrepresented himself when he continued to take PED's even though he said he only took them for 2 year's back around 2003.

What do you think Mo? Do you think NYY could sue him?
    They could try, but MLB's collective bargaining agreement would have to be challenged. He'd be suspended without pay, I believe. This would technically be his first offense, so it would be 50 games. But again, he didn't fail a test, he's just been linked to a clinic, so I don't even know if that's possible.

Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz are the more disturbing names to me.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz are the more disturbing names to me.
    I know. I suspect we're going to hear more names like that too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's the full Miami New Times report:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...st-names/full/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

And still they will put A-Rod in the Hall of Fame before Barry Bonds.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information