Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Proposed Smack Forum CoC

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I personally like the no family rule the Mane has. Diss me, diss my team, my state, my favorite player, pretty much anything about me, fine. I'm cool. If it crosses my line and I'm upset about it, I'll walk out of the thread. You start bagging on my baby girl or my mom or my sisters and I'm gonna be pissed, and I'm gonna say something about it.
    Yes, and Taco John is extremely quick to tell the offender that he is banned.
    They put up with a lot there, but not the family stuff . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Yes, and Taco John is extremely quick to tell the offender that he is banned.
    They put up with a lot there, but not the family stuff . . .

-----
    I don't think it ought to be an insta-ban offense like it is there, but I do think that family has no place in smack talk, unless it's something like Sharkie and Sparkie goin' at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We had a long town hall discussion, where we gave specific examples and let people vote yay or nay for each, and things like WTH and SNAFU was considered fine by the majority, where thinge likd FU or **** were not, hence the distinction. It was community driven decision.

I think in some cases, it came down to how people said/thought it. Fubar and snafu are typically read as foo-bar and sna-fooo, as opposed to ****** up beyond all recognition and situation normal all ******* up.

I think pretty much the only exception to the "do you say/think the acronym or say/think the words" is WTF, but it was deemed ok by most people, so it's on the ok list.
    Well, WTF. Thanks.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    My own take is that there have to be some limitations even in smack. There are certain words that are just inappropriate under any circumstances. And I'd also point out that calling a poster a "whiny *****" (the word starts with a "b" and also references a female canine) takes on an entirely different meaning if the poster who's quoted happens to be female...
    I once got smacked down at a different forum for using the b-word - and it was a thread about dogs! I guess they'd didn't like the double entendre.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I once got smacked down at a different forum for using the b-word - and it was a thread about dogs! I guess they'd didn't like the double entendre.
    A lot of forums do censor that word.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Well, it is a perfectly acceptable word in reference to canines, but I suppose
    they are cognizant of the mental deficiencies among a certain segment of the
    population who would not be able to discriminate between the respective
    connotations of the word.

In short, they are working with some very dumb people, so they have to work
    accordingly . . .

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I don't think it ought to be an insta-ban offense like it is there, but I do think that family has no place in smack talk, unless it's something like Sharkie and Sparkie goin' at it.
    I know you said that tongue-in-cheek, but a lot of posters would not know
    they are related, so such posters may think they see a double standard there . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-21-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Exactly. The smack is not for the faint of heart. If you cant handle internet name calling and E-put downs. The smack section is not for you.

If you are like that but still want to smack. Then i would say we can make a PG smack area. However, you would be the only one in there. And occasionally poeple will come in and smack which care bear is the toughest, but thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would say as long as it doesnt get racial it should be fair game. Fact is, most of the rival fans are pretty civil and contribute in other areas of the forum. But, for the select few who are not here to make friends and to push the envelope with certain members of this board i think should be able to get the smackdown they so richly deserve whether its with vulgarity or not. Afterall, its a smack forum.

yea! if the smack forum's going to have a CoC, it needs to have some balls too. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Its Mormon for Lounge'esque.
    what the freak?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information