Page 89 of 128 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Reading "Uncommon Type: Some Stories" by Tom Hanks. Quite a nice read, he's a good writer as well as actor.

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

A re-read or first time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    A re-read or first time?
    First time. I was really really tempted to not read it at all until after the movie came out, but I saw the extended trailer the other day and it's got me craving more, figure I'll read the book and hope the movie does it justice.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I didn't care much for the trailer and will probably pass until solid reviews drive me to see it.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So, who has read Atlas Shrugged? I'm thinking of picking it up, but some of the people that are Ayn Rand fans drive me nuts.

I didn't care much for the trailer and will probably pass until solid reviews drive me to see it.
    I'm a sucker for pop-culture references and the trailer was rife with them. Not to mention that version of pure imagination in the trailer, that was amazing. I'm not convinced it'll be good, but I've heard great things about the book (i'm about 5 chapters in and it's enjoyable so far)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    So, who has read Atlas Shrugged? I'm thinking of picking it up, but some of the people that are Ayn Rand fans drive me nuts.
    I read The Fountainhead when I was 19. It was a good read. Solid plot, and some interesting philosophy.

I began to read Atlas Shrugged at 28 or something, but could only make it 250 pages before it became a job. It was Fountainhead all over again, and I had already read that book...

I'm glad I read Fountainhead when I did. The older I get the more I have no time for books that are thinly disguised homilies.

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I read The Fountainhead when I was 19. It was a good read. Solid plot, and some interesting philosophy.

I began to read Atlas Shrugged at 28 or something, but could only make it 250 pages before it became a job. It was Fountainhead all over again, and I had already read that book...

I'm glad I read Fountainhead when I did. The older I get the more I have no time for books that are thinly disguised homilies.
    I have a hard time finding time to read. When I traveled a lot, I read 3-4 books a month. Now, I'm lucky if I read one in a year. I think using a tablet has ruined my enjoyment of reading (along with finding the time).

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I read it. It was good, but like Hawg said, a little bit of a chore. In a way it scared me.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Ayn Rand was an interesting person but a bad writer.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Ayn Rand was an interesting person but a bad writer.
    A lot of what she was warning about is scarily close to coming true.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Did you guys know she was fwb with Alan Greenspan when they were young bohemians?

I just started reading it. I've heard it's a must read for male readers.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    like 1984 and Animal Farm. I think the world is getting really creepy in that sort of way. call me paranoid.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information