Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Marvel's graphic novels of Stephen King's The Gunslinger.
    They are really well written and illustrated.
    Why they didn't base the movie(s) on this chronology and series is beyond me.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 05-30-2018 at 12:03 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Marvel's graphic novels of Stephen King's The Gunslinger.
    They are really well written and illustrated.
    Why they didn't base the movies on this chronology and series is beyond me.
    I might pick those up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I might pick those up.
    Same. Thanks ecb. Happy belated, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I am reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, and I am impressed!

7. The Following User High Fived DanVan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by DanVan View Post
    I am reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, and I am impressed!
    Welcome to the board DanVan.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I mean, I could just set a sleep timer on my audiobook, too.
    Update: I installed a tab sleep timer extension for Chrome and my dreams are back to normal.

I feel I've given you all a boon, a primer in how to generate some Del Toro-esque dreams if you ever have the hankering. Let Orwell's negative distopia narrate and imprison you in REM sleep.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Update: I installed a tab sleep timer extension for Chrome and my dreams are back to normal.

I feel I've given you all a boon, a primer in how to generate some Del Toro-esque dreams if you ever have the hankering. Let Orwell's negative distopia narrate and imprison you in REM sleep.
    You utilize audiobooks a lot? I never have "read" one that way.

But as I get older and have more demands on my time, I just don't have time to read vociferously like I used to. And now, when I finally get to the part of the day when I can read, I'll read a page and a half and find myself nodding off. It's supremely frustrating to a big reader like I used to be.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

But as I get older and have more demands on my time, I just don't have time to read vociferously like I used to. And now, when I finally get to the part of the day when I can read, I'll read a page and a half and find myself nodding off. It's supremely frustrating to a big reader like I used to be.
    This is me.

But - we only have one kid left at home now, so I'm hoping to get back into reading.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Sadly, as much as I prefer text in many cases, I am reduced to audiobooks these days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I tried an audiobook twice, and I would miss large swaths of information because I'd be thinking about something else, or doing something else. I had to stick to text.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I tried an audiobook twice, and I would miss large swaths of information because I'd be thinking about something else, or doing something else. I had to stick to text.
    I signed up for Audible this year with the hopes of getting back into books given my love of podcasts. I think I picked a shitty first book, lost interest, and now I just have like 6 unused credits because I forgot to cancel the subscription.

Any suggestions for non-fiction that is absolutely stellar?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I signed up for Audible this year with the hopes of getting back into books given my love of podcasts. I think I picked a shitty first book, lost interest, and now I just have like 6 unused credits because I forgot to cancel the subscription.

Any suggestions for non-fiction that is absolutely stellar?
    Alexander Hamilton (The source of the play).
    The Last Night of the Yankees Dynasty (Buster Olney's book on the Game 7 in which the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in 2001).
    Heavier than Heaven (Curt Cobain bio).
    Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Alexander Hamilton (The source of the play).
    The Last Night of the Yankees Dynasty (Buster Olney's book on the Game 7 in which the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in 2001).
    Heavier than Heaven (Curt Cobain bio).
    Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy.
    I read Heavier than Heaven in high school back when I still regularly read books. I think I'm looking for something a little weightier and a little more contemporary - though I do appreciate the suggestions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I read Heavier than Heaven in high school back when I still regularly read books. I think I'm looking for something a little weightier and a little more contemporary - though I do appreciate the suggestions.
    12 rules for life. Jordan Peterson

22. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information