Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It was in a Waldenbooks somewhere along the way on a road trip with my best friend at the time, Dave, from Columbus AFB in Mississippi to Kansas City and back, in 1995.

We can't go back, nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

It was in a Waldenbooks somewhere along the way on a road trip with my best friend at the time, Dave, from Columbus AFB in Mississippi to Kansas City and back, in 1995.

We can't go back, nut.
    why aren't you and Dave besties anymore? the theme of your road trip was how to quit everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    why aren't you and Dave besties anymore? the theme of your road trip was how to quit everything.
    Eh. We kind of drifted apart senior year. But then we ended up in the same pilot training class in Wichita Falls after graduation. I actually moved in with him and his wife for a month or two, when I was between living situations. He went into '16s, I went into A-10s. His folks live a couple of hours south of here, but neither of us Facebook or that kind of thing. I think we have kids around the same age too. We should make more of an effort--thanks nut.

Dave's dad is the smartest person I've met, period. Dave might be smarter than me, too. He sure as hell is more cocky, which is hard to imagine if you've met me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

theme of road trip was Dave wants to get his pecktator wet, so let's go visit his fiance
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Eh. We kind of drifted apart senior year. But then we ended up in the same pilot training class in Wichita Falls after graduation. I actually moved in with him and his wife for a month or two, when I was between living situations. He went into '16s, I went into A-10s. His folks live a couple of hours south of here, but neither of us Facebook or that kind of thing. I think we have kids around the same age too. We should make more of an effort--thanks nut.

Dave's dad is the smartest person I've met, period. Dave might be smarter than me, too. He sure as hell is more cocky, which is hard to imagine if you've met me.
    give Dave a call. just say, hi Dave, this is Hawg, sorry about banging your wife, you can be my wingman anytime, then give him a hug or something

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Or something? That's nebulous don't you think?

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Or something? That's nebulous don't you think?
    Unclear, vague, yeah, I know what nebulous means. Or something being that which can be expressed over the phone to show that he means a lot to you

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Great work in here

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Here's my current read. Any interest in making this a book club selection?

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't know about everyone else, but for me this was the story's fulcrum--Brenda's journey as an anti-hero comes to a head and she must make a choice. It sends shivers of anticipation about how Act III will play out. Thoughts?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Sorry Hawg, but I think that's a real stinker. A black hole if you will.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

We are driving to Texas. Audiobooks are on the menu. Louis L'amour, Frank Herbert, Neal Stephenson.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

We are driving to Texas. Audiobooks are on the menu. Louis L'amour, Frank Herbert, Neal Stephenson.
    What l’amour you going with?

19. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

So you'll almost inevitably be travelling through Oklahoma. I'll wave as you pass by.

I'd offer to buy you lunch, but you probably wouldn't like my hoiti toiti upscale tastes.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What l’amour you going with?
    collected short stories vol 7, frontier stories

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information