Page 62 of 128 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Skag boys by Irvine Welsh.

It is the prequel to trainspotting and it is awesome

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Im finishing up God is not great, how religion poisons everything. read a lot of it this weekend. thought I was not going to get into it early on, but my goodness what a great book. engrossing and page turner. if you consider yourself religious, this is not for the faint hearted. I am pretty disgusted with the way I've been living my life, but the happy side is is that I wont be another spiritiual statistic. thank you Christopher Hitchens. for setting me free

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I want to believe that you are serious Nut.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    Im finishing up God is not great, how religion poisons everything. read a lot of it this weekend. thought I was not going to get into it early on, but my goodness what a great book. engrossing and page turner. if you consider yourself religious, this is not for the faint hearted. I am pretty disgusted with the way I've been living my life, but the happy side is is that I wont be another spiritiual statistic. thank you Christopher Hitchens. for setting me free
    Lol - good for you mate.

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I want to believe that you are serious Nut.
    it was an intended overexaggeration, but shed some light on some things for me. very well constructed arguments and he has a subtle humor which I really enjoyed. he's a disgusted man. as for me, having attended Catholic services, Catholic grade school, (got kicked out for blowing a priest in 7th grade), and more recently what I call the Catholic culture through my time with the knights of Columbus. the arrogance of the current day religious,.. lay and clergy, is truly appalling, not to mention the gross hypocrisy that accompanies it. and with that I am quite serious. but I know there are 3 sides to every story. great read though Tink, really organized some things for me more than presented what most of us pretty much know. well researched and referenced thlough

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

it was an intended overexaggeration, but shed some light on some things for me. very well constructed arguments and he has a subtle humor which I really enjoyed. he's a disgusted man. as for me, having attended Catholic services, Catholic grade school, (got kicked out for blowing a priest in 7th grade), and more recently what I call the Catholic culture through my time with the knights of Columbus. the arrogance of the current day religious,.. lay and clergy, is truly appalling, not to mention the gross hypocrisy that accompanies it. and with that I am quite serious. but I know there are 3 sides to every story. great read though Tink, really organized some things for me more than presented what most of us pretty much know. well researched and referenced thlough
    I'll have to check it out. I do have the mindset that I have no issue with Religion in it's own until people get into the prothletising philosophies. I'm currently dating a Jew, a Christian, and an Atheist, and it's interesting to hear how all three women's religious views are somewhat similar, and they all know that they believe in what they believe in since it makes them comfortable enough to live their lives.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I'll have to check it out. I do have the mindset that I have no issue with Religion in it's own until people get into the prothletising philosophies. I'm currently dating a Jew, a Christian, and an Atheist, and it's interesting to hear how all three women's religious views are somewhat similar, and they all know that they believe in what they believe in since it makes them comfortable enough to live their lives.
    interesting. I will only speak from the Catholic perspective of the antireligion argument, but Hitchens gets after all religions meaning those such as Buddhism and the protestant faiths. bottom line, religion poisons everything. I am level headed and intelligent enough to take it as only a look see of the bigger picture of human experience but it's a pretty cool read.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

interesting. I will only speak from the Catholic perspective of the antireligion argument, but Hitchens gets after all religions meaning those such as Buddhism and the protestant faiths. bottom line, religion poisons everything. I am level headed and intelligent enough to take it as only a look see of the bigger picture of human experience but it's a pretty cool read.
    I think that Religion has the potential to poison everything, but it's man's choice to use it as a poison or not. For example, Westborough Baptist loves them some religious poison.

16. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

In a shocking turn of events, the guy who hates religion finds that religion is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I'm sorry I brought it up, just a book I am finishing up reading and have really enjoyed, that's all

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    In a shocking turn of events, the guy who hates religion finds that religion is bad.
    I thought he articulated WHY he feels the way he does really well.

I read a lot of religious literature, and i find Hitchens such on atheism to be amongst the best written

21. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I like it too. Can't a guy dish out a little shit once and a while? Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I like it too. Can't a guy dish out a little shit once and a while? Sheesh.
    Of course mate - my bad, i misunderstood your post.

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I thought he articulated WHY he feels the way he does really well.

I read a lot of religious literature, and i find Hitchens such on atheism to be amongst the best written
    that's just it, answering the why. and as much as I absolutely detest Hawg and everything he stands for, his reaction was actually mine at the beginning of the read. I was thinking oh brother, another atheist. but as I moved on with the reading I found how evil organized religion and the people who partake really is/are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Religion is the greatest business model ever invented by man.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information