Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I had the shittiest dream last night. I'm in this weird foresty-swamp area picking kale and red peppers and stuff with Hooter, but then we have to get back to our dorm room before taps. But on the way we end up at someone's house but I don't think we are supposed to be there, and Hooter keeps playing an audiobook when we should be leaving, and I'm having a tough time carrying all these peppers, tomatoes, zucchinis, kales, and such. Ungainly. Then Hooter is gone, I think he left through one of the upper windows, and I feel like I need to retrieve the audiocassette of the audiobook he left behind--Orwell's 1984--but I feel like I'm moving in slow motion and everything is impossible with those bags of fresh veggies in my arms.

Somehow I make it out after meeting the owner of the house and comparing notes on some lesser-known music I saw among his various cassette tapes, there was some kind of impromptu party and I wanted to bang this one chick but I had to go sadly, and who knows what could have been. But then when I get back to the Academy dorms--it's weird because I've been through the academy three times each spaced a decade apart, like some kind of mash up of groundhog day and old school--I have some kind of dermatological condition caused by the fetid conditions of the forest/swampy area, and it's pretty heinous, ebola-looking...and I feel like shit and can't barely move. I see a guy I know and we have history, and I imply we have some unfinished business, but I feel like shit and just want to get some sleep, ,,

At some point around here I head back to my dorm room and hey there is the hot chick in the bed, so that's great, and Hooter is there, too, but before I can go to bed, Hooter's audiobook is driving me batshit crazy so I have to find what's playing it and stop it. I'm looking all around the different items in the dorm and I can't pin down where the audiobook is playing from. I find it! But then I'm searching all over the damn thing, hitting buttons and turning off switches, looking for cords and batteries, but nothing turns it off. By now Hooter is sleeping with hot chick. I finally find the right switch and turn off the audiobook. But then I realize it's actually playing from a different source! So I look for that one, and the same issue ensues. This repeats for about 4-5 devices, but then it finally shuts off. Then it comes back on one of the devices I already shut off. I get pissed at Hooter, I cuss him out and his damned 1984 audiobook. I decide it's early enough in the morning to just start my day and skip sleep.

Anyway, that's the shitty dream. BTW I'm listening to 1984 on audiobook and it puts me to sleep at night, I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I had the shittiest dream last night. I'm in this weird foresty-swamp area picking kale and red peppers and stuff with Hooter, but then we have to get back to our dorm room before taps. But on the way we end up at someone's house but I don't think we are supposed to be there, and Hooter keeps playing an audiobook when we should be leaving, and I'm having a tough time carrying all these peppers, tomatoes, zucchinis, kales, and such. Ungainly. Then Hooter is gone, I think he left through one of the upper windows, and I feel like I need to retrieve the audiocassette of the audiobook he left behind--Orwell's 1984--but I feel like I'm moving in slow motion and everything is impossible with those bags of fresh veggies in my arms.

Somehow I make it out after meeting the owner of the house and comparing notes on some lesser-known music I saw among his various cassette tapes, there was some kind of impromptu party and I wanted to bang this one chick but I had to go sadly, and who knows what could have been. But then when I get back to the Academy dorms--it's weird because I've been through the academy three times each spaced a decade apart, like some kind of mash up of groundhog day and old school--I have some kind of dermatological condition caused by the fetid conditions of the forest/swampy area, and it's pretty heinous, ebola-looking...and I feel like shit and can't barely move. I see a guy I know and we have history, and I imply we have some unfinished business, but I feel like shit and just want to get some sleep, ,,

At some point around here I head back to my dorm room and hey there is the hot chick in the bed, so that's great, and Hooter is there, too, but before I can go to bed, Hooter's audiobook is driving me batshit crazy so I have to find what's playing it and stop it. I'm looking all around the different items in the dorm and I can't pin down where the audiobook is playing from. I find it! But then I'm searching all over the damn thing, hitting buttons and turning off switches, looking for cords and batteries, but nothing turns it off. By now Hooter is sleeping with hot chick. I finally find the right switch and turn off the audiobook. But then I realize it's actually playing from a different source! So I look for that one, and the same issue ensues. This repeats for about 4-5 devices, but then it finally shuts off. Then it comes back on one of the devices I already shut off. I get pissed at Hooter, I cuss him out and his damned 1984 audiobook. I decide it's early enough in the morning to just start my day and skip sleep.

Anyway, that's the shitty dream. BTW I'm listening to 1984 on audiobook and it puts me to sleep at night, I love it!
    man, you have some issues.

The Razor's edge is a good read. Somerset Maughn or something like that. I am thinking about reading it again, it's been a few years. Hawgs signature reminded me of that book.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Watchers was excellent.

I don't typically re-read books, but I might have to give these two another go-around.
    lol. ok joe, like you read the same books that Hawg does

oh, just kidding btw.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    man, you have some issues.
    You'll be stuck reading Mindsight forever with that attitude. Time to level up, nut.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Nut has a thread where he'll analyze your dreams somewhere around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Nut has a thread where he'll analyze your dreams somewhere around here.
    that's right I do. but this is some heavy shit, not sure I want to dive in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    that's right I do. but this is some heavy shit, not sure I want to dive in.
    Hawg isn't right in the head. It'll take a lot of time and effort, Nut. But - I know you're up for it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I mean, I could just set a sleep timer on my audiobook, too.

I might have to reread the GOT books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I might have to reread the GOT books.
    That’s a lot of rereading. I very rarely reread books. The only ones I know I reread was The Dark Tower series and even then only because there was about 20 years between books.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I reread born to run recently which is just a glorious book about ultra running but I can't think of a single other book I have ever reread

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I never used to reread until every book seemed to suck more than ones I liked. I DNF books at an above average rate, but I usually give them about 100 pages.

I kind of want to do the Dark Tower thing because I remember books 2 and 3 seemed excellent. Can't recall if I read 4...the last one I remember was the one with the train. So at least 3-4 of them will be new.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I never used to reread until every book seemed to suck more than ones I liked. I DNF books at an above average rate, but I usually give them about 100 pages.

I kind of want to do the Dark Tower thing because I remember books 2 and 3 seemed excellent. Can't recall if I read 4...the last one I remember was the one with the train. So at least 3-4 of them will be new.
    I absolutely love the Gunslinger, but I could never get through Drawing of the Three. Does that make me a bad person?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I absolutely love the Gunslinger, but I could never get through Drawing of the Three. Does that make me a bad person?
    No, it doesn’t. However, get through it. The rest of the series is very worth it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information