Page 38 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Awesome book series! And the next one is due out in a couple of weeks finally after waiting for years! Enjoy them I did.
    I'm about 100 pages into the second book. I think they are brilliant. What I like about it is that the characters are flawed. It makes the story more human. In nearly every fantasy book I've ever read all of the characters were super human or perfect. Lord of the Rings has a touch of the Game of Thrones character traits in the Hobbits, but the rest of the characters are great wizards and warriors. In the Sword of Truth series and the Tales of Drizzt, the characters are nearly perfect, or the combination of the characters (Sword of Truth) emulates perfection.

Every character in Game of Thrones is flawed in some manner, which makes the story more human, more accessible and easier to immerse yourself into. Never saw Eddard getting beheaded...that came as quite the shock.

Anyway. Really enjoying the series.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Everybody Poops.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Reading Heavan and Earth by Ian Plimer. It's about the climate, and goes through a lot of the history of the earth's climate over the last 14,000 years.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Reading Heavan and Earth by Ian Plimer. It's about the climate, and goes through a lot of the history of the earth's climate over the last 14,000 years.
    that sounds pretty interesting. I'd like to know your take on that when you are finished with it. Like did you find it intellectually fulfilling and things like that.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Everybody Poops.
    i got that for xmas abotu 4 years ago. good read, I found it helpful

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm reading Get Capone, I went to the criminal museum in Niagara Falls and was inspired to read some true crime.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I'm reading Get Capone, I went to the criminal museum in Niagara Falls and was inspired to read some true crime.
    there's a criminal museum up there? that seems odd. did he hang out there or something?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

broncosforums.com

Descent read, but tends to go off topic a lot.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    there's a criminal museum up there? that seems odd. did he hang out there or something?
    It is one of the wax museums in the tourist areas. They had Capone, Dahmer, Jack the Ripper. ect. ect.
    It is pretty cool and only $6 for an adult which is very cheap for Niagara Falls. I paid $4 for a coke so $6 for that is good value.

http://www.criminalshalloffame.com/

Here is the link.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

15. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    It is one of the wax museums in the tourist areas. They had Capone, Dahmer, Jack the Ripper. ect. ect.
    It is pretty cool and only $6 for an adult which is very cheap for Niagara Falls. I paid $4 for a coke so $6 for that is good value.

http://www.criminalshalloffame.com/

Here is the link.
    that's pretty cool. I liked the Dahmer scene. Ted Bundy didn't look like Ted Bundy to me though. both of these guys were active in my lifetime. In fact I was living in the Chicago area when Dahmer was uncovered in Milwaukee. And also, I lived very close to the old stomping grounds of John Wayne Gacy.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    broncosforums.com

Descent read, but tends to go off topic a lot.
    shut up Joe and take the stick out of your ass. nothing wrong with sidetracking abit. No one's asking you to join in faggot

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

that's pretty cool. I liked the Dahmer scene. Ted Bundy didn't look like Ted Bundy to me though. both of these guys were active in my lifetime. In fact I was living in the Chicago area when Dahmer was uncovered in Milwaukee. And also, I lived very close to the old stomping grounds of John Wayne Gacy.
    I bought a CD by GG Alan (sp?) in the mid 90s that John Wayne Gacy had drawn the image on the cover from death row, but that was the most disturbing CD I have ever listen too.

Some of the scenes were not the greatest but it is well done and they set the mood really well. Worth the time if you go to Niagara Falls for sure.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

I'm been trying to read more to escape from my shitty life, but I don't really know what I like anymore. I think I like to read adventure type of things mostly. but I also like biographies on eccentric people like serial killers, artists, famous people. I want to read into thin air pretty soon I think, but I hate buying books. I think I will get a kindle soon

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

shut up Joe and take the stick out of your ass. nothing wrong with sidetracking abit. No one's asking you to join in faggot
    Dear Nut,

Go find a jack-hammer, place it upside down in your living room. Turn it on and then place your head on the top.

sincerely,

rex

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm been trying to read more to escape from my shitty life, but I don't really know what I like anymore. I think I like to read adventure type of things mostly. but I also like biographies on eccentric people like serial killers, artists, famous people. I want to read into thin air pretty soon I think, but I hate buying books. I think I will get a kindle soon
    I was reading a lot of James Patterson and now more true crime books. I have a kindle and a ipod touch with an e reader and I still buy books. I like the feel better and I like getting away from the screen, but I am over 30 so that kind of makes sense for me.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information