Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That is a badass story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine

A book about trauma and how we can learn a lot from animals due to the evolutionary nature of the trauma response and also that the part of the brain that governs how we respond to it is the same in all mammals and reptiles.

Not a bad read, what makes it better is that it's about 20 year old and the basic premise of the book is now more or less accepted as fact

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Dave I need to finish the mindfulness book you suggested. It was very good. The Still Like a Frog too. Should be standard curricula really.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

5 day weekend

A friend of mine wrote it. Close to becoming a ny times best seller.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Like Bastion and Atreyu Neverending Story?
    Yea, that's the one. First half of the book is exactly like the movie (with a few things added in that the movie didn't show) the second half of the book is kinda odd... it's just him going around making wishes. Not sure what I think of it.

I've never read the book, just watched the movie when I was young.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

"Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose" by Joe Biden

Just finished this up. Really quick read but an impacting book that covers a year in the life of Joe Biden when his son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. You get some insight into how it affected his decision not to run for President, some of the international and local issues he was dealing with professionally, but mostly you get a look into his personal and tragic life and how he somehow always keeps up a positive but realistic attitude. As many know, he lost his wife and infant daughter years ago and losing his son Beau almost put him over the edge. Having a son of my own this book made me well up a few times with man sweat in my eyes, but after reading it and putting it down I see the picture on the back cover and lose it again. Regardless of your politics, I would recommend this book as one of the better personal accounts out there.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, that's the one. First half of the book is exactly like the movie (with a few things added in that the movie didn't show) the second half of the book is kinda odd... it's just him going around making wishes. Not sure what I think of it.

That was one of my favorite movies growing up. Was certain I'd find an Atreyu of my own in time. Never happened. What a disappointment, this life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Didn’t even know it was a book.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Didn’t even know it was a book.
    A German book no less. I never realized that the movie was not an american made movie, it was a German made movie with American actors.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The fact that someone said the word library in a non-mocking way makes me so ******* happy.
    I got a library card 2 weekends ago. Libraries are good places.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Dave I need to finish the mindfulness book you suggested. It was very good. The Still Like a Frog too. Should be standard curricula really.
    was it mindsight? because if so, he suggested that to me too. apparently Dave swings both ways

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    was it mindsight? because if so, he suggested that to me too. apparently Dave swings both ways
    It had a different title. "How to train away your gag reflex in 15 days" or similar. Had no idea mindfulness was so concerned with that subject, but Dave knows his business.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

It had a different title. "How to train away your gag reflex in 15 days" or similar. Had no idea mindfulness was so concerned with that subject, but Dave knows his business.
    Dave is a filthy street whore

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

At his best.

The book was The Mindful Brain by Daniel Siegel, who also authored Mindsight, which is more popular.

At his best.

The book was The Mindful Brain by Daniel Siegel, who also authored Mindsight, which is more popular.
    funny how he suggests the Mindful Brain to you and to me Mindsight. like I'm stupid or something

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information