Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

One chapter into the Hamilton biography. Thanks for the recommendation Hawg, it is an excellent choice for what I was looking for.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Hi Nut.

G.F.Y. unless your dog already has.
    In all seriousness it takes a while to pick up. I've heard enough about it myself but not sure yet what all the hubbub is about

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The Disaster Artist

My son gave it to me for Christmas.
    It's basically a blow by blow account of how "The Room" (The Worst Movie Ever Made) was made.
    It's told by the guy who played the main role in the movie and probably the only "friend" of the guy who made the movie, Tommy Wisseau.
    I'm about 6 chapters in and am still trying to figure out how this guy financed the thing and how he got anybody to stick around him to actually make it.
    He's a very eccentric character, to say the least.

I've never seen The Room but I'm enjoying the hell out of the book about how it was made...;-)

5. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Historian (OK, I'm not reading it now, but it rules, and everyone should read it)

http://www.amazon.com/Historian-Eliz...7580881&sr=8-1
    This bump is for Hawg. Just read it, don't ask questions.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Of course i go out of town and forget the book at home so can't start reading again until Friday, but it's pretty awesome so far. I really like Neil Gaiman.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I finished Atlas Shrugged and am now wondering what to read next. someone had told me about a book called places in the dark by chris somebody. I got a sample of it on my kindle and it sounds like it might be an alright read, it's science fiction.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The road not taken by Max Boot. Brilliant BIO piece

https://www.amazon.com/Road-Not-Take.../dp/0871409410

And the Undoing Project by Michael Lewis. Money Ball author bring us back to economics and rational human behavior on decision

https://www.amazon.com/Road-Not-Take.../dp/0871409410
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Christopher Brookmyer is the author.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson is the best book I've read in a while.

MO, the book you recommended, I enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

sounds like Mo's autobiography. Interesting penname. I will need to check into this

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Finished up Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson a few weeks ago and I can't recommend that book enough if you like biographies. Somehow he was able to go into great detail about his life without ever making it seem overly textbookish or scholarly but still carry with it gravitas. A fascinating man during an important time of history. The hardcover version I read had great supplemental art and scans of his notebooks which was great and made me linger on certain chapters.

Also just about to finish up Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, but this book has made me a great admirer of the man. I've never seen a book written with such prose and poetry. Pretty effortless read that I had a hard time putting down. He really knows how to set a scene and breath life into his own story which is a far cry from most autobiographies I've read, especially of musicians. My favorite before this was Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

That whole series may be the best damn series I've ever read. I've read all three books in the series released so far (and actually, just about everything Brandon's ever written)

I love Sanderson's writing. He's probably the best fantasy writer of this generation IMO. If you think Way of Kings is good, just wait until you get to Oathbringer

19. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Just finished places in the darkness by Chris brookmyre. If you like
    A I / futuristic settings I would suggest

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Finished the 2d book in Sanderson's series, Words of Radiance. I hope he doesn't go all Robert Jordan and lose the thread. These are perhaps the best fantasy books I've ever read. Definitely in the top tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Finished the 2d book in Sanderson's series, Words of Radiance. I hope he doesn't go all Robert Jordan and lose the thread. These are perhaps the best fantasy books I've ever read. Definitely in the top tier.
    I am looking into this Mr sanderson. He sounds good

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information