Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mo you just enjoyed the hell out of that book!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Mo you just enjoyed the hell out of that book!
    I did. Felt like a serial, a little, kind of like a novella. I can never tell the paper equivalent, but it was only 250 pages on my iPad. Recommended.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Have you ever read a book by James Patterson?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don’t believe I have.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t believe I have.
    I recommend it. You won't be upset. Start with Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider. These are books I read in a single setting.

I ask because Patterson is worth discussing. The author himself. As we discuss important things, he is also important. He caters to readers as Breaking Bad does, or other similar entertainment. For those of us that observe entertainers using words.

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

L'Amour can spin a good yarn, and his heroes are badasses without equal. Except among themselves. That is worth its own thread.
    I haven’t read one of his books in over 30 years. I should pick one up. Louis brings nostalgia for me. My dad had a large collection.

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I haven’t read one of his books in over 30 years. I should pick one up. Louis brings nostalgia for me. My dad had a large collection.
    What surprises me most reading him in 2017 is how liberal he is. He has such a deep and abiding love for creation, and he's not a bible guy imo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Finally got around to The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher. Blew through it over the last two nights and enjoyed the hell out of it. All the stuff about Harrison Ford was great.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I ordered this on your recommendation. It came in a couple days ago. Can't wait to get started.

Currently working on finishing "Hillbilly Elegy", along with one on parenting. Slow going on those two.
    How did you feel about all of those (if you ended up getting to the Greg Boyle one)?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am now reading Ted Chiang's book of short stories. 11/10. Chiang wrote the novella that inspired The Arrival. It's great if you like ideas. It is highly rated on goodreads, and underrated.

Like this story...possibly the unacknowledged basis for the TV series about the pill that makes you genius...if the first 20 minutes grab you, this book is for you. How can I say that this book is for geniuses without coming off like a doosh?

Finished Jubal Sackett. 8/10.

The Giver, 9/10 but best to read with your 9/10 year old kiddo.

Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman, 8/10, see The Giver.

I watched the movie Along Came a Spider, does that count?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I watched the movie Along Came a Spider, does that count?
    I think so, but let me check the manual.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It's taken me like 4 years, but I finally started reading this book:

16. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

OK, I ran out of fun books, so decided to reread "The Brothers Karamazov." The other time I read it was when I was 23 and took a course in Russian literature. It probably changed my life more than any other book save one. Its a bit a heavy going, but I'm glad I'm doing this. I think I was too young to fully understand it the first time out.

I may have to revisit some other classics
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

I think so, but let me check the manual.
    I wouldn't mind reading some of his books one of these days. Along Came a Spider is an excellent movie. I am positive the book is about 100 times better.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information