Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yessir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Probably a dumb question after reading that conversation, but have you read the Bachman books?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Probably a dumb question after reading that conversation, but have you read the Bachman books?
    don't think I ever did. Running Man and others?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    don't think I ever did. Running Man and others?
    Yeah. The Long Walk and Rage are the two I remember the most. Rage for how sadly prophetic it was.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah. The Long Walk and Rage are the two I remember the most. Rage for how sadly prophetic it was.
    I might have to get on that.

I don’t remember Rage, but I do remember The Long Walk.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I don’t remember Rage, but I do remember The Long Walk.
    You probably don't want to remember Rage. I don't want to say too much, not to give it away for anyone that picks it up, other than it involves a disturbed student.

You probably don't want to remember Rage. I don't want to say too much, not to give it away for anyone that picks it up, other than it involves a disturbed student.
    I’m gonna go find it. Thanks!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

I always liked that short story about the dr. who gets shipwrecked on a desert island. “They taste like ladyfingers.”

Edit- I just looked it up. It’s called Survivor Type.
    Last edited by spikerman; 11-10-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

One of the ones that stuck with me was Beachworld.

I think The Jaunt was also great, but maybe it sucked.

You can't get this kind of quality book review at Goodreads. Only here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Jaunt was great. It didn't suck.

^responsible journalist, accountable to his readers

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Been slogging through Robert McCammon's 1987 post-apoc novel Swan Song. On audiobook. Just finished it, kinda. I skipped the final two discs and just read the ending on wiki.

Like Stephen King's It, I read this novel when I was a wee lad and it made an impression.

Unlike It, Swan Song did not recapture any magic.

Got some audiobooks to listen to with the fam during our upcoming road trip to AZ including Louis L'Amour's The Lonesome Gods.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

L'Amour can spin a good yarn, and his heroes are badasses without equal. Except among themselves. That is worth its own thread.

I'm on part 5 (the finale) of Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson. It's be a terrific book so far. It had a bit of a slow down in the middle, but nothing that ruined the book. I'm looking forward to finishing it, but also dreading not having anything Sanderson related to read for 2-3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Queenpin by Megan Abbott

Recommended by The Watch pod from the Ringer. Real breezy read, I read the whole thing this evening. An organized crime tale in an unidentified midwest US city in the 1970s. It’s told from the perspective of a young woman who’s helping cook books for a middlewoman who is trying to teach the main character the ropes of the trade.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information