Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I enjoyed the first mistborn trilogy, but I couldn't get into the second one. I like Sanderson, he's a fine writer. I started with Elantris. I gave up on the Jordan series 2/3 through book 7.

Have you read the Steven Erikson books?
    I really enjoyed the second trilogy, I didn't like the Alloy of Law (the first in the Wax and Wayne books) but Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning are both excellent. I think I enjoyed it a lot mainly because of the humor in the books. Wayne is a hilarious character overall and that really shines through in books 2 and 3 of the second trillogy.

Wheel of time takes a lot of effort to read once you get to book 7. So much so that I had to get an audiobook and let someone else read it to me. Once you survive book 7 things start to pick back up and not be so mind numbingly boring. Book 6/7 had a horrible dull period where it just stretched too thin on story.

I have not read Erickson's books, I've heard of them before though and I think I even went so far as to pick one up from the library, but never really dug into it. Might loop back to them later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Just finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Want to know what I thought about it?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Just finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Want to know what I thought about it?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.
    I saw the miniseries. I liked it.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Stephen King's "It"

Wanted it to be fresh for when I go see the new movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just finished Seinfeldia. REALLY good book even if you are just a casual fan of the show. The author poured over a series of interviews and laid them out pretty chronologically to explain how a show about nothing became the biggest hit on TV during the 90's. It was really interesting to understand how much Larry David meant to the show, and how the decision to end it came about. The stories from the writers are the best, they all had to pull from real-life experiences and you had to pitch to Jerry and Larry in like 20 seconds to see if it even got a chuckle from them. The stories from famous one off characters auditioning were very cool as well, like how the whole persona of the Soup Nazi down to how he dressed came completely from the actor. I breezed through the book in about 3 sessions, but I was a big fan of the show so it was hard to put down.

Also if anyone was a fan of the show and wants to see some storylines that sound plausible for today, check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedditWritesSeinfeld/

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Just finished Seinfeldia. REALLY good book even if you are just a casual fan of the show. The author poured over a series of interviews and laid them out pretty chronologically to explain how a show about nothing became the biggest hit on TV during the 90's. It was really interesting to understand how much Larry David meant to the show, and how the decision to end it came about. The stories from the writers are the best, they all had to pull from real-life experiences and you had to pitch to Jerry and Larry in like 20 seconds to see if it even got a chuckle from them. The stories from famous one off characters auditioning were very cool as well, like how the whole persona of the Soup Nazi down to how he dressed came completely from the actor. I breezed through the book in about 3 sessions, but I was a big fan of the show so it was hard to put down.

Also if anyone was a fan of the show and wants to see some storylines that sound plausible for today, check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedditWritesSeinfeld/
    I didn't buy that book (maybe once the paperback comes out) but through amazon's suggestions I took a look at this book and it was cheap enough for me to impulse buy:

This came in last week:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Library at Mount Char.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Library at Mount Char.
    Clever book. I might read it again.

Finishing up the second of Mark Lawrence's trilogies set in the Broken Empire universe. I'm on the last book The Wheel of Osheim.

Finished the second Mark Lawrence Trilogy and I'm now onto Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I devoured Red Rising, enjoyed Golden Son, but don't really care if I finish the trilogy or whatever it is. They are fine books but I lost interest.

I devoured Red Rising, enjoyed Golden Son, but don't really care if I finish the trilogy or whatever it is. They are fine books but I lost interest.
    I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm not real far in. I tear through books pretty quickly though...Even if it bores me towards the end I will probably finish it because it's something new to read.

I tore through both of the Mark Lawrence Broken Empire trilogies in a little over a month so...I just need books to keep me busy. I just started Red Rising today and I'm already 13 chapters into it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Anyone here read American Psycho?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Anyone here read American Psycho?
    Me years ago

I'm re-reading the Night Angel books by Brent Weeks. I forgot just how excellent those books were.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information