Thread: What are you reading?

what is digital reading? like a kindle?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    what is digital reading? like a kindle?
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

3. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Yup
    I need to start reading again. this thread is inspirational. I'm a tv junkie, that's part of the problem. I watch a lot of movies. a lot of not to good ones actually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I'd pick a book over TV any day - I take a my books everywhere I go - That's why I like the digital reader (i had a kindle now I have an ipad) I always have my 800 books at my fingertips - never a dull moment

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

are kindles on the way out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I need to start reading again. this thread is inspirational. I'm a tv junkie, that's part of the problem. I watch a lot of movies. a lot of not to good ones actually.
    Are they Satanic?

9. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

are kindles on the way out?
    Yfor real. I want to know about these things. They have classes on the barnes and noble one twice a week. Nook. People are saying as good as an ipad? no way, for real

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Yfor real. I want to know about these things. They have classes on the barnes and noble one twice a week. Nook. People are saying as good as an ipad? no way, for real
    really? I could use a class on anything computer. I will check into that at my local B and N. my sister bought my parents some type of high powered kindle recently. like a kindle Ipad ???? I have a kindle fire, dont' use it much cause..... well haven't been reading much. I like the idea though.. I just need to find a good book to read. I am a picky reader and hate when I waste time on a stupid book.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I have had the kindle fire and the regular kindle - never used a nook - I think if you just want books and a few apps a Kindle fire is the way to go - if you have the money to burn I would go with an ipad - but its just my personal preference - and you really dont need to take a class on how to use one - if you can operate a smart phone you can operate a tablet

14. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Also, a thought - if you get a kindle and have amazon prime they have a free lending library with over 200,000 books to chose from BUT you can only lend like one book a month and it only works with kindle devices (and I am not even sure if you can use it with a regular kindle might only be a kindle fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Are they Satanic?
    I am attracted to dark type of movies, yes

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

really? I could use a class on anything computer. I will check into that at my local B and N. my sister bought my parents some type of high powered kindle recently. like a kindle Ipad ???? I have a kindle fire, dont' use it much cause..... well haven't been reading much. I like the idea though.. I just need to find a good book to read. I am a picky reader and hate when I waste time on a stupid book.
    Better to waste time on a stupid movie, less effort involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I have a kindle and haven't picked it up in ages. I like the feel of a book and it's easier on my eyes.

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I have a kindle and I like it but there are certain books that have cool covers that I want to be able to see sitting on my shelf. Also since I have to write buttloads of papers with buttloads of citations it's a lot easier to have physical copies of books to use.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I have a kindle and I like it but there are certain books that have cool covers that I want to be able to see sitting on my shelf. Also since I have to write buttloads of papers with buttloads of citations it's a lot easier to have physical copies of books to use.
    I have 700 books on CD if u r interested. Lots of classics - lots of fad stuff like Patterson and Twilight Hunger Games Harry Potter - seems to be a good deal of sci-fi - I've had them for about 5-6 years so Nothing new too recent. But I have read some great books because of that CD - life of pi, book thief, kite runner, cutting for stone - I can list 5 more truly awesome books that have changed the way I look at literature that are on this CD. If u are interested let me know - I'd be happy to make you - or anyone else in here - a copy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information