Page 54 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Shock Troops of the Confederacy: The Sharpshooter Battalions of the Army of Northern Virginia by Fred L. Ray. Really good military read detailing the rise of Southern Sharpshooter (think light infantry/snipers/skirmishers) in Civil War. It is written from southern view point so sometimes the Federal troops are not shown in best of light and names of battles are little confusing, like battle at Antietam becomes Battle of Sharpsburg (town near the creek)
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    I got world war z, havnt had time to read it. Do you like it?
    '
    It has parts that are really good and parts that are just slow. I'm having a hard time with it, but want to get through it. Other books keep derailing me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Ya im afraid to get into it. Seems like one of those books that is hard to finish quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Return trip from CA to Denver I listened to Runaways or something like that, a collection of shorts written by Alice Munro. She is a beast writer, but the stuff was total chick lit. Anyway, it passed the time. One memorable story was about the daughter that runs away to a religious cult, after growing up practically inseparable from her nameusedbefore mom, and this daughter like never got back in touch with her mom. She sent a postcard on her (the daughter's) birthday for the first 5 years, to say "I'm alive," but then nothing. Then many years later, the mom discovers from a third person that the daughter has a brood of children, and seem to be well, and knows that the mom is in Vancouver. The end. lol

Picked up Stephen R. Donaldson's "Lord Foul's Bane." About 1/2 through, it's ok. Pretty good, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have a confession to make: I really like David Sedaris' books. There I said it, my dirty little swcret revealed. He really is one funny gay.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Reading Nate Jackson's book, the first chapter...McDouche****face really was an *******.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So did Josh poop in Nate's swimming pool? Did he scuff his couch Rick James style? What's the story. Channel your inner Natron girl and lay it down. In case I don't make it to Nate's book.

I'm reading Elantris now. It's fantasy. Not bad.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Just the arrogance the turd had within him.

Just finished Nate's book, definitely a good read for football fans. He writes really well and keeps the reader interested.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson (guy who was tabbed to finish Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series--this was his breakout novel). It was good. Started a little slow, but was worth the read.

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Looking forward to this!!

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Ah hell yea.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    One of the few novels I actually read in college. McCarthy is kind of a genius, but I do not share his aversion to punctuation!

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    One of the few novels I actually read in college. McCarthy is kind of a genius, but I do not share his aversion to punctuation!
    I love McCarthy. Something about his lack of punctuation makes his books easier to read for me as well, although sometimes I do have to go back to figure out who said what to whom.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information