Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I bet it is. I hear the Canada side is alot neater than the Yankee side (do you guys call us Yankees?) as far as the falls themselves anyway.
    The Canada side is way better, you can see both sets of falls. I only call you Yanks when I am talking to you. Most of the time you are Americans to me. I have mad respect for the states and the people there. I have worked with so many American's since I got in the military, I wouldn't want to offend a group of people by calling them Yanks, plus I like the Sox so Yankees are evil. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	niagara falls 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	168
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	niagara falls 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	169
    Here are a couple photos I took when I was there. Edit both are of the American Falls from Canada, first is from shore the other is from the Maid of the Mist tour
    Last edited by MileHighCrew; 07-22-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Just picked up a new book from the library. The autobiography of Henry VIII. A 1,000 page book. So far so good. Written by Margaret George.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just picked up a new book from the library. The autobiography of Henry VIII. A 1,000 page book. So far so good. Written by Margaret George.
    I hope it has alot of pictures

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson. Started off very slow, but as the book goes on it gets better. I'd recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I hope it has alot of pictures
    Nope. It starts with the history of the family before him.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson. Started off very slow, but as the book goes on it gets better. I'd recommend it.
    I have tried that book a couple times, have not gotten into it enough to finish. will probably try again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I have tried that book a couple times, have not gotten into it enough to finish. will probably try again.
    When you get past the first 50-60 pages or so, it starts to pick up a little. It's slow developing but I'm 400 pages in to it now and have no plans of not finishing. Truth be told, when I first started reading it I wanted my wife to take it back to Target and get me "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell".

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    When you get past the first 50-60 pages or so, it starts to pick up a little. It's slow developing but I'm 400 pages in to it now and have no plans of not finishing. Truth be told, when I first started reading it I wanted my wife to take it back to Target and get me "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell".
    That is about where I was with it. I couldn't understand the big to do about it. It won several awards, people were going gaga over it and I just couldn't understand it at all. I will give it another shot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My son always has a book to read for school. He and MrsBJ normally read it at night but it's my turn. He chose "Where the red fern grows". I'm going to have to get some Kleenex. I haven't read this in a long time, but remember it well.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    My son always has a book to read for school. He and MrsBJ normally read it at night but it's my turn. He chose "Where the red fern grows". I'm going to have to get some Kleenex. I haven't read this in a long time, but remember it well.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    I'm sure you have some Kleenex next to the vaseline on your bedstand.

oh NTL, now is that bad?

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Blood Meridian. Cormac McCarthy's prose is just godly.

A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained weddingveil and some in headgear of cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or saber done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses’ ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse’s whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen’s faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.

Oh my god, said the sergeant.

That sort of shit is on every goddam page. It's unbelievable.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Blood Meridian. Cormac McCarthy's prose is just godly.

That sort of shit is on every goddam page. It's unbelievable.
    Talk about a run on sentence.

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

reading all these again atm.....deadman wonderland,koko, dark tower books, insomnia, ghost story.....I read 30-40 pages then cycle through

Just finished reading The Tortilla Curtain. What a great story and they way T.C Boyle leaves you hanging after a crazy chapter drives me nuts but I like IT
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Just finished reading The Tortilla Curtain. What a great story and they way T.C Boyle leaves you hanging after a crazy chapter drives me nuts but I like IT
    that's a good story. I read that a few years ago. I gave it to an illegal friend of mine (actually an Ecuadoran that works here, so I assume he's legal). Whenever I stop by his office I see it o the window ledge. Afraid to ask for it back, might get shanked.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information