Page 28 of 128 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Just finished Johannes Cabal, the necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard it was interesting to say the least. A very different read from the James Patterson and John Grisham book I normally read

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Clive Barker's Books of Blood: Volumes 4-6

Not as good as Volumes 1-3...so far
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Read a cool crime thriller

MJ Rose: The Halo Effect

I am starting Book 3 of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Clive Barker's Books of Blood: Volumes 4-6

Not as good as Volumes 1-3...so far
    Which one has the giant creature made of humans clambering together?
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Which one has the giant creature made of humans clambering together?
    That's from the first volume. It's called "In the Hills, The Cities".

I love Barker's imagination. It's twisted as hell but the originality and his prose makes up for it in spades...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

6. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

I just finished A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin

Fantastic just like the previous 3 in the series. Now I must sit and wait for the next installment to come out. I hate waiting! I want closure now!! ha!

I am starting Kurt Warner - And the last shall be first today.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:

I finished Kurt Warner - And the last shall be first today

Terrible book. I mean, it has a lot of good information and tells good things about Kurt. But this book is all over the place. No flow to it what so ever. I did enjoy the section on how Arena Football got started (this was supposed to be about Kurt wasn't it?) Anyway, terrible book.

Now I am starting Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb

I got the name of this 3 book series from a website that listed th top 10 fantasy novels (series). I hope it's good.
    Thanks Shake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I finished Kurt Warner - And the last shall be first today

Terrible book. I mean, it has a lot of good information and tells good things about Kurt. But this book is all over the place. No flow to it what so ever. I did enjoy the section on how Arena Football got started (this was supposed to be about Kurt wasn't it?) Anyway, terrible book.

Now I am starting Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb

I got the name of this 3 book series from a website that listed th top 10 fantasy novels (series). I hope it's good.
    Robin Hobb's books are great. The Farseer series and Rainwild series are awesome. I recently read her Soldier Son series, and it was well written but the lead character was not that nice of a person. So it was not as enjoyable as her other work.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

10. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

I just finished A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin

Fantastic just like the previous 3 in the series. Now I must sit and wait for the next installment to come out. I hate waiting! I want closure now!! ha!
    You might want to check out Steven Erikson "Malazan Book of the Fallen" decalogue. Book nine is out and book ten due next year. By the time you read the approximately 8,000 pages of the first 8 books I'm willing to bet book ten won't be far away (along with the book you noted.)

I'm re-reading the entire series (currently on book 2 - Deadhouse Gates) before starting on book 9 or 10.
    Last edited by The Glue Factory; 05-20-2010 at 05:07 PM.

12. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

peter benchley's jaws. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Finished "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaimen a week or two back. Great book, really enjoyed it (I mean really). It's a book hard to describe and continually defies catagory or genre. It's a melding of fantasy, history, today world, and something else inbetween. It takes you down a winding road that is continually interesting and will always keep you guessing. A truly wonderful story set in a place that captured my imagination.

Picked up Neil Gaimans other big title, "American Gods" and am working through that. So far so good.

Finished "Marcus Aerelius: A Life" by Frank McLynn. Don't get it, I wrote about it before but finally finished it. Two thumbs down.

The book replacing that is "Team Of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" By Doris Kearns Goodwin. Very good so far. Will write about it later.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Decided to bite the bullet and started reading the Wheel of time series. I'm only 100 pages in the first book (been reading it before bed), but I can start to see why this series is so popular.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

the merry adventures of robin hood by howard pyle. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

A friend of mine at work gave me a copy of Necroscope by Brian Lumley.

I read this in a day. Wow! I didn't think I would get into that kind of a book but wow!

I bought the second in the series and ordered 5 more online. That's how good it was.

A very interesting take on vampires and what they truly are. You get attached to the characters and almost don't want to put the book down.

I'll let you know if the 2nd in the series called. Necroscope 2: Vamphyri! is any good. I sure hope so because I really enjoyed the first one.
    Thanks Shake!

18. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

A friend of mine at work gave me a copy of Necroscope by Brian Lumley.

I read this in a day. Wow! I didn't think I would get into that kind of a book but wow!

I bought the second in the series and ordered 5 more online. That's how good it was.

A very interesting take on vampires and what they truly are. You get attached to the characters and almost don't want to put the book down.

I'll let you know if the 2nd in the series called. Necroscope 2: Vamphyri! is any good. I sure hope so because I really enjoyed the first one.
    and i'll let you know, it's about to get incredibly weird. . . .

it's been a long time since i've read them, but i definitely thought the first book was the most compelling. . . the others did hold my interest enough to read the entire series, though. . . by about the third book, it just gets downright bizzare. . .
    - John Elway

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information